Post Thanks / Like

Bolt Pattern: 5x4.5 same as 5x115?

Just as the topic says... some companies seem to list only in inches or something and I just want to verify that this is the correct bolt pattern before I purchase.

So 5x115 is the same as 5x4.5 correct or no?

Thanks!
    '05 GunMetal Gray RT
    • 20" Mossa Velize Wheels with Toyo Proxes ST 255/45/20 Rubber
    • 2006 Hemi Badges and old Hemi Badges moved to rear window frame andNew Style R/T badge on tailgate
    • MDS Indicator
    • Factor One Garage's Gunmetal LED Tails

Post Thanks / Like
    No. 5x4.5 = 5x114.3

We need 5x115 although there are plenty of people running 5x114.3

If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying? If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnumSXT
    No. 5x4.5 = 5x114.3

We need 5x115 although there are plenty of people running 5x114.3
    I second that...get hub centric rings if you don't get the correct bolt pattern.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you tell me what hub centric rings are?

And is there a conversion to inches then for our bolt patters at tire shops that only state bolt patterns in inches? Like 5x4.55 or something?

Post Thanks / Like
    If the bolt pattern is incorrect then the wheel does not seat on the hub correctly. Hub Cebtric rings fill in the gap and seat the wheel on the hub.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info, guys.

Where would I find the hub centric rings? Are they a dealer purchase, tire retailer purchase, auto parts store?

And will there still be issues having 5x114.3 and hub centric rings? What are the problems that keep others from going this route?

Thanks to all.

Post Thanks / Like
    A76marine, even with hubcentric rings, a problem exists. Basically, the lug nuts don't seat right on the wheel when tightened down. This causes a side load on the lug bolt, which potentially can cause failure and can stress the wheel too.

Yes, a lot of guys put 5x114.3 wheels on their cars anyway and don't seem to have too many complaints.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by a76marine

And is there a conversion to inches then for our bolt patters at tire shops that only state bolt patterns in inches? Like 5x4.55 or something?
    Keep looking until you find the 5 x 115. It will save you some potential grief. You may also need the hub-centric rings. They are used when the bore of the wheel is larger than the hub on the car. The ring fills the gap so the wheel is supported on the hub and not the lugs. The wheel shop will have them if they know what they are doing. If they know what they are doing, they will also sell you the 5 x 115 instead of what they happen to have sitting around. Also keep in mind that you will need a 22 to 24 mm offset on the new wheels to keep the suspension loading and geometry close to stock.

Your car is worth doing it the right way.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got my rings from Jason, member name PhatJay.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by a76marine
    To see diagrams of hub centric rings and some issues they address see: http://www.prestigewheel.com/Catalog/HubRings66_67.pdf

I looked into this subject a few weeks ago and think Done's post contains good advise.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by diamondrmp
    I second that...get hub centric rings if you don't get the correct bolt pattern.
    Just asking...Shouldn't you get hub-centric rings regardless of bolt pattern? I thought hub-centric rings should be used on any wheel that's not specifically bored to fit the hub you're putting it on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by magnitude
    Just asking...Shouldn't you get hub-centric rings regardless of bolt pattern? I thought hub-centric rings should be used on any wheel that's not specifically bored to fit the hub you're putting it on.
    Yes, that is correct.

Share This Thread