Post Thanks / Like

P5155235 Mopar long tubes for 6.1 on 5.7?

Anyone know if I can fit these on my 2006 5.7? I think I need to use SRT cats (I think they are part of the package). Question is will they bolt up to the 5.7 heads?

Black Bullet

Post Thanks / Like
    Those headers come with catless midpipes. They won't just bolt up to stock SRT cats.....
    Stock 5.7

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MadCharger View Post
    Those headers come with catless midpipes. They won't just bolt up to stock SRT cats.....
    So I would have to add some hi-flow cats? I can do that - I'm hoping to get them for a good price. Real question is on the head/port fitment

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Bullet View Post
    So I would have to add some hi-flow cats? I can do that - I'm hoping to get them for a good price. Real question is on the head/port fitment
    They'll fit the same as the stock SRT headers fit the 5.7. I believe you'll need to disable EGR via the Predator though (but I could be wrong). Maybe not, since those headers are also for '09 R/T's.

Post Thanks / Like
    they'll bolt right up, use 6.1 gaskets, disable the EGR or groove the header if you want to keep the EGR system.

http://www.lxforums.com/board/signaturepics/sigpic23029_3.gif
    MY HEMI REGISTRY PAGE
    Quote Originally Posted by MattRobertson View Post
    ... Do it for fun and enjoy the improved performance, but don't think you made a transaction that makes any financial sense. Use the economy numbers to torpedo the tree hugger who wants to get snooty with you, but know in your heart you did it so you could go faster.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gooeytek View Post
    they'll bolt right up, use 6.1 gaskets, disable the EGR or groove the header if you want to keep the EGR system.
    What does that mean ^^^?

Seems like this is doable, I do have a predator, now have to work on the price of the LT's...

Post Thanks / Like
    the EGR works by diverting a bit of the exhaust back into the intake via a small tube from the #2 exhaust runner (frontmost pipe on passenger side). a quick and easy way to simulate this is by making a groove that runs from the edge of the #2 cylinder runner about 3/4" long, enough to reach the EGR port on the head.

like so:

pic is upside down, the groove runs from the port to the front of the engine.

or, if disabling EGR is an option, remove the EGR system & tube, and use BT's EGR block-off kit & disable the system via predator.

edit: see that drawn circle at the end of the groove? on the 5.7 manifold, there is a hole there that connects to the runner and matches up with the port on the head to recirculate some of the exhaust back into the intake. The groove acts as a channel for the exhaust, in lieu of the tube. you'll have to modify the 6.1 gasket to accomodate this groove as well.

edit#2: use 6.1 header bolts as well.
    Last edited by gooeytek; 06-26-2009 at 12:06 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gooeytek View Post
    the EGR works by diverting a bit of the exhaust back into the intake via a small tube from the #2 exhaust runner (frontmost pipe on passenger side). a quick and easy way to simulate this is by making a groove that runs from the edge of the #2 cylinder runner about 3/4" long, enough to reach the EGR port on the head.

like so:

pic is upside down, the groove runs from the port to the front of the engine.

or, if disabling EGR is an option, remove the EGR system & tube, and use BT's EGR block-off kit & disable the system via predator.

edit: see that drawn circle at the end of the groove? on the 5.7 manifold, there is a hole there that connects to the runner and matches up with the port on the head to recirculate some of the exhaust back into the intake. The groove acts as a channel for the exhaust, in lieu of the tube. you'll have to modify the 6.1 gasket to accomodate this groove as well.

edit#2: use 6.1 header bolts as well.
    Thank you man! I love this forum, this is great info. Looks like green light to negotiate price...

I know I can disable EGR, but that may cause emissions problems when checked? So if I groove the header I can retain all OEM systems..

I suppose a dremel would not be tough enough to make this groove. Likely have the installer do it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Bullet View Post
    Thank you man! I love this forum, this is great info. Looks like green light to negotiate price...

I know I can disable EGR, but that may cause emissions problems when checked? So if I groove the header I can retain all OEM systems..

I suppose a dremel would not be tough enough to make this groove. Likely have the installer do it?
    If your state/county does OBDII emissions checks, then you'll have no problem disabling with the Predator. I did mine, and it didn't show up at all as disabled during the inspection. And mine is completely gone.....

Post Thanks / Like
    I was wondering the same thing about these headers. I have a new set of P5155235 with the catless mid pipes for sale. They are for a 2010 challenger but wondered what other vehicles andthey work on and what engine.

Share This Thread