Post Thanks / Like

WTB SRT Dust shield or belly pan

I want to buy the dust sheild or belly pan (plastic) the goes from the front fascia to the transmission. I am not sure if I am calling it the proper thing, but if you have ever removed your fascia or changed the oil, it is the plastic piece you remove at the bottom of the engine, I am only interested in one removed from an SRT preferebly a 300. Let me know a price, shipping would be to 44256.

Post Thanks / Like
    As I recall, there are two plastic panels under there. One is the large plastic piece that "bolts" up to the bottom of the front fascia and the fender panels and tranny area. This larger one will also have vent channels to cool the brakes on SRT models. The other is a smaller piece that covers the oil area. The larger one isn't removed during oil changes, just the smaller one.

I have a part number for a new larger underbody shield (at home on a quote from dealer) and the cheapest I can find it online is about $130. The regular R/T panel (without vents) is only like $60. You gotta pay a premium for the SRT! I don't know about the smaller piece of plastic though.
    Last edited by nick_danger; 06-17-2009 at 08:26 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nick, thank you I should have clarified, the smaller piece is the same on all LX models (except maybe the Chally) I just need the bigger one. I have found the same pricing online am hoping I can find someone that has removed one and wants to get it out of their garage.

Post Thanks / Like
    You and me both, man! I already bought all my underbody stuff but due to a mishap of massive aerodynamic forces, I lost it all and have to redo it. :( Sure sucks, huh? How much can molded plastic cost? sheesh...

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, I've gone thru two rear belly pans and one front so far... one let lose at umm hwy 173... Now I don't have either on, but don't drive in the rain...

Lopey: 6.1L N/A Modified / 3700lbs 473rwhp/439tq ~ Quickest ET : 11.152/117.5mph, 1/8 - 7.0/99.56, 1/4 Trap - 126.15mph <~ Sold
    R.I.P. Lou1355

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an extra -- but the grommet holes are ripped --

I repaired one with metal strips & screws, and really keep the spare to do the same next time the 'working" one gets ripped.

But, if you want one with ripped holes, I'd take $80 plus shipping.

(thats half price of a new one, IIRC: I paid $160+ at Dodge for the SRT8 pan)

You'd have to fix the holes. (and supply the hardware; screws / etc)
    Last edited by da BoMM; 06-17-2009 at 10:00 AM.
    6.1L HEMI #622 '07 TorRed MSRT8 1/165= TORRED >< 6.1L HEMI '10 Silver Jeep GC SRT8=4X4JET
    MSRT8 owners http://www.lxforums.com/board/group.php?groupid=24

Post Thanks / Like
    Let me think about it, not sure if I want to take on a repair project for 80 bucks. Does anyone know if the belly pan from an SRT Chally will fit the SRT 300?

Post Thanks / Like
    I priced one of the belly pans (the rear one that you remove for oil changes) at my local dodge dealer the other day and they quoted me $230 for the piece... I was there buying 4 new bolts that hold both of them up. That plastic cover must have diamond encrusted titanium mixed in with the plastic! Really pricey IMO.

2007 Charger R/T - 5.7L Hemi Registry #1055 w/ username QuickRT - Gone/Traded on SRT8
    07 Torred Charger SRT8 - 6.1L Hemi Registry #1151 Mods:
    Trinity tuner Modified 93CAI tune, AirRaid SRT8 CAI, 85mm Throttle Body, Mopar/Corsa CatBack, AMG Paddle Shifters, 4128 t'stat, BT Catch Can, ChillyMod, More to come...
    PB 1/4 ET 12.502 @ 112.40 1.92 60'

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by da BoMM View Post
    I have an extra -- but the grommet holes are ripped --

I repaired one with metal strips & screws, and really keep the spare to do the same next time the 'working" one gets ripped.

But, if you want one with ripped holes, I'd take $80 plus shipping.

(thats half price of a new one, IIRC: I paid $160+ at Dodge for the SRT8 pan)

You'd have to fix the holes. (and supply the hardware; screws / etc)

Hmm, I've been dealing with a really annoying rattle coming from the front end and last time I was at the dealership for an oil change, I mentioned the noise, and they said one of the bolts was loose, they tightened it up and I was on my merry way. The rattle is back, so I'm guessing it's stripped now (lovely).

Sorry about that...

Follow White Ops R/T on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
    I ride with the Frozen North LX Car Club, you should too.
    2013 Charger R/T - 2005 Magnum RT

Share This Thread