Thread: 6db vs 7db

Post Thanks / Like

6db vs 7db

I have a 5.7l with the most free flowing version of the stock mufflers. I would like a nice mucle car tone and dont mind a little drone but nothing obnoxious. I'm really torn between these 2 kits. I'm hesitant on the 6db because I do want something that sounds aggressive and I just want to make sure I get the right tone I'm looking for. I plan on keeping my mufflers but adding LT headers in the future, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankyoz View Post
    I have a 5.7l with the most free flowing version of the stock mufflers. I would like a nice mucle car tone and dont mind a little drone but nothing obnoxious. I'm really torn between these 2 kits. I'm hesitant on the 6db because I do want something that sounds aggressive and I just want to make sure I get the right tone I'm looking for. I plan on keeping my mufflers but adding LT headers in the future, thanks.
    The kits you're asking about are rated on two different suitcase mufflers. All the eliminator kits are rated on the 3 pass suitcase and the resonated kits are rated on your suitcase, so there will be a biiiiggg difference between these two kits on your car. You may want to stick with a mandrel 5db kit with the 4" tip, same tips as the 7db but 1/4" smaller inlet. If you can put up with some drone then the 6db resonated kit may be too quiet for what your describing.

sorry, I meant to respond when I saw this the other day but forgot about it.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok thanks!

Share This Thread