Post Thanks / Like

Headlight Assistance

Here is the deal. I got my tail tinted today and was thinkin of doing headlight too but kinda got worried when the guy told me that doing so puts them at risk to crack, especially with the HID's I got installed at same time. So that puts me where I am now...I want to paint the inside of headlight (and maybe some angel eyes if I can find a set) My delima is the taking apart and putting back together of the headlight it self. Anyone want to help? Do not know when I will do this just yet as I need to see if I can find a decent set of Halo's since I can not go with ACC (@#*$&^*) But I do know it will need to happen all in one day (easier to play it off if wife doesnt see the in progress HAHA)

For those that do not know and want to help find Halo's/Angel eyes I have an 08 Mag.

I'm not sure if his Magnum will fit in my parking space.
    2008 Magnum R/T, Brilliant Black
    2011 Durango Citadel, Brilliant Black (as of 3/12/11)

Post Thanks / Like
    i need this done also.i heard good comments on focustechs halos.they said the halos have a much better fit and kit overall.we will need a conventional oven i was told works best.

2007 Charger Road & Track R/T

Post Thanks / Like
    AAC has some new halos that are much thicker than they used to be. I installed a set on a Charger a couple weeks ago and can say that I felt much more at ease handling them. There new inverters are also much bigger. When I installed them on the ladys Charger they were so much brighter than mine which are the thinner ones.

I havent done an 08 yet but willing to try.

If you like you and Fuzzy can pm me and we can figure something out.

I work shift work so my days off are usually during the week.
    2010 Detonator Yellow Challenger
    "DETONATOR"
    2006 Charger R/T,[B] FRI 392 [B]
    "Daddys Toy" Hemi Rgeisrty#556

Post Thanks / Like
    The "problem" with ACC is they do not offer anything for the 08 nor will they attempt anything. They claim to have tried but said their will be no market for them and that the headlights are too hard to take apart compared to the 1st gen mag. The only delima I forsee is not knowing the ring size that I/we would need to get.

As far as my schedule, I am pretty much open except for wednesdays. I make own hours and usually work the red eye. I have a gas oven also :(

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an electric oven that cooks headlights really nice - llololol

If we can find out the ring size we can make an attempt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you all considered the new LED halos? According to several companies, they differ from CCFL Halos in that they require
    - No Inverters, connect directly to 12V Source.
    - LEDs on a rigid PCB, much harder to break.
    - Lighting is directional- forward firing light.
    - Self Adhesive Rings require NO EPOXY!

Of course, you still need to crack the headlight assembly.
    Later
    Sheldon@USWForged.com
    Check Out our Latest Wheel Designs
    Visit Our USW Forged Vendor Section
    713.680.8170 main
    2855 Mangum Road Suite B208
    Houston TX 77092

Arrington forged 392\ProCharger D1SC (11.20/124mph)

Post Thanks / Like
    I just saw the group buy for those in the ACC area and would go for those over the CCFL but still in same predicament...dont know the ring size I need. Wish I could figure it out with out taking it apart first so I can have them here cause like I said it will have to be a 1 day project.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you compare them, side by side, to the other Mag lights without opening them?

Flashtech has LED halos also. Give them a PM.

When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
    My friends call me JONN (usually).

Post Thanks / Like
    actually , i think AAC is about to do a GB for 08 Mag and V6 300 led halos. might be worth the wait.

and

Scott, my car should make it out of hell this week so i'll come get the firewall.

i'm also part of the LED halo GB so expect to install mine soon
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8crash View Post
    Its like paying $6K for your girlfriend to get a great boob job, then meeting a girl that has better boobs that are natural, are you gonna complain cuz you paid $6k for boobs for an Ex that aren't as good as the one in your hand? I think not.

Post Thanks / Like
    No problem Nuvie.

Install is good with me, you still want to color match the headlights? Take about a day longer.

Very interested in doing a LED install !!

Post Thanks / Like
    I will reserch l.e.d halos.saw them up close and did not like the spots of light.but i will look again.i've heard hood fires from having the ccfl halo's.i dont want that!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
    The "problem" with ACC is they do not offer anything for the 08 nor will they attempt anything. They claim to have tried but said their will be no market for them and that the headlights are too hard to take apart compared to the 1st gen mag. ...:(
    Not sure how recent that news is, but I know we had a DFWLXr with an '08 that had halos installed by Mecha. Turned out real nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw the flashtech and dont like them...where did that guy get them cause from when i first got car til aboust 4 months ago no one had them. and what i said about ACC above was directly from an email.

Post Thanks / Like
    Flashtech hit the ground with the LED halos first. There was a big hoodoo with them and AAC.

Give Mecha A PM - he does AAC installs in Dallas. May be he can steer ya straight on the halos.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure they did come out with them first...but looking at the two and I dont like how you can clearly see each individual LED when on...ACC "looks" like they are closer together

Share This Thread