LX Forums Forum banner

Miller Trans Dipstick $46 direct from manufacturer

15K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  Hal'sMag 
#1 ·
Just ordered the Miller Tool SPX 9336 directly from manufacturer for approx. $46 plus shipping.No more looking for lower cost DIY replacements for the dipstick. At this price it was worth it in my book to buy what we all really need....an OEM tool good for the life of the car. http://millerspecialtools.spx.com/Detail.aspx?id=847 1-800-801-5420 Automatic Transmission, Rear Wheel Drive > 9336A Tool Number 9336A Your Price (USD) $46.93 Tool Name DIPSTICK Description This special Dip Stick must be used to ensure of proper Automatic Transmission Fluid Levels in LX & WK vehicles equipped with the NAG1 Transmission. Also works on the 42RLE Transaxle in LX Vehicles equipped with a 3.5 Liter Engine. NOTE: Consult your Service Manual for the proper fluid level checking procedures. 2005 thru Current Also see 8863B for Sprinter & Crossfire vehicles.

#3 ·
#4 ·
Now you just need a Star-scan and a Service manual to properly check it. The starscan for the trans fluid temp, and the manual for the chart to tell the level in relation to said trans fluid temp... a dip-stick is only 1/3 of the battle...good luck...

#5 · (Edited)
A temp guage isn't a must if you know the general temp.... cold or hot (after normally running), although it helps dial it in perfect...

I have one of these dipsticks from both ebay and miller tools....

The ebay mercedes tranny dipstick has ~30 mm "cold" range measurement & 80MM "hot" range measurement and ships quick - easy to use. The Miller has every 10mm marked for more accuracy but takes almost a month for them to ship it and charge your card. Take your choice...

Also use the chart on page 5 here for proper fluid levels...http://modsfaceoff.com/2005_dodge_magnum_TSB/21-011-05.pdf#search='transmission dipstick 9336'

If you guys want a picture showing the difference in each it shouldn't be a problem... :thumbs_u:

#12 ·
A temp guage isn't a must if you know the general temp.... cold or hot (after normally running), although it helps dial it in perfect...

I have one of these dipsticks from both ebay and miller tools....

The ebay mercedes tranny dipstick has ~30 mm "cold" range measurement & 80MM "hot" range measurement and ships quick - easy to use. The Miller has every 10mm marked for more accuracy but takes almost a month for them to ship it and charge your card. Take your choice...

Also use the chart on page 5 here for proper fluid levels...http://modsfaceoff.com/2005_dodge_magnum_TSB/21-011-05.pdf#search='transmission%20dipstick%209336'

If you guys want a picture showing the difference in each it shouldn't be a problem... :thumbs_u:
Yep, I went into the local (small town) Dodge dealer to get the level checked recently.

The mechanic handed me the tool & said it should be somewhere around 60 - 75mm if the car has reached normal operating temperature & it was @ 60mm.

It's just not that complicated.
Well I went back outside and checked and I was wrong...

The ebay (mercedes dipstick) has a 25 degree and 80 degree range, celsius (76/176 fahrenheit) lol....
The miller on the bottom just counts the mm for you....

Think with your dipstick jimmy!!!!!!!!! :friday:

#8 ·
if you have the 5-speed, yes.

#11 ·
A cheaper option is the Mercedes 722.6 dipstick PN# 140-589-15-21-00 ($26 Ebay)

#13 ·
On the Mercedes its recomended to get the fluid dead on the 4th line on the top when the transmission is at operating temp. (160-180F).
The Miller dipstick is 70mm at operating temp.

Reactions: Peter Parker
#16 ·
Do these dipsticks work for the AWD's as well? Now that's thinkin' with your dipstick!

#20 ·
Bring this back to the top just to say thx for part numbers :)

#23 ·
Awesome thread. Bookmarked

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

#24 ·
Anyone know where to get the temp and fluid levels for the 42RLE Transaxle in LX Vehicles equipped with a 3.5 Liter Engine. And maybe a write up...I am just about ready have the dealer do a flush and filter,(I am at 128,000mi) BUT if I can do it and save $$$. I have a predator...

#25 ·
At those miles I'd have a flush done.

After the dealer sets the level, use a big ass zip tie to check it level and hot (like level and getting off the freeway, and while in gear). That will give you a constant to check.

If you don't leak, it will probably stay there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.