Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Miller Trans Dipstick $46 direct from manufacturer

Just ordered the Miller Tool SPX 9336 directly from manufacturer for approx. $46 plus shipping.No more looking for lower cost DIY replacements for the dipstick. At this price it was worth it in my book to buy what we all really need....an OEM tool good for the life of the car. http://millerspecialtools.spx.com/Detail.aspx?id=847 1-800-801-5420 Automatic Transmission, Rear Wheel Drive > 9336A Tool Number 9336A Your Price (USD) $46.93 Tool Name DIPSTICK Description This special Dip Stick must be used to ensure of proper Automatic Transmission Fluid Levels in LX & WK vehicles equipped with the NAG1 Transmission. Also works on the 42RLE Transaxle in LX Vehicles equipped with a 3.5 Liter Engine. NOTE: Consult your Service Manual for the proper fluid level checking procedures. 2005 thru Current Also see 8863B for Sprinter & Crossfire vehicles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice find.Beans to you..!

Post Thanks / Like
    ebay, $26 shipped.

look up: Mercedes 722.6 Transmission Fluid Dipstick Repair Tool

I got mine on monday.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=

http://www.lxforums.com/board/signaturepics/sigpic23029_3.gif
    MY HEMI REGISTRY PAGE
    Quote Originally Posted by MattRobertson View Post
    ... Do it for fun and enjoy the improved performance, but don't think you made a transaction that makes any financial sense. Use the economy numbers to torpedo the tree hugger who wants to get snooty with you, but know in your heart you did it so you could go faster.

Post Thanks / Like
    Now you just need a Star-scan and a Service manual to properly check it. The starscan for the trans fluid temp, and the manual for the chart to tell the level in relation to said trans fluid temp... a dip-stick is only 1/3 of the battle...good luck...
    Previously: "Vanessa" 2006 Charger R/T with all kinds of little details and a unique red bee stripe...
    Currently: "Maleficent" 2006 300 SRT8 option groupII, rear seat VES, Kicker stereo upgrade... 86K
    Future: 2015 Charger SRT Hellcat( late availability!)

Post Thanks / Like
    A temp guage isn't a must if you know the general temp.... cold or hot (after normally running), although it helps dial it in perfect...

I have one of these dipsticks from both ebay and miller tools....

The ebay mercedes tranny dipstick has ~30 mm "cold" range measurement & 80MM "hot" range measurement and ships quick - easy to use. The Miller has every 10mm marked for more accuracy but takes almost a month for them to ship it and charge your card. Take your choice...

Also use the chart on page 5 here for proper fluid levels...http://modsfaceoff.com/2005_dodge_ma...ck%209336'

If you guys want a picture showing the difference in each it shouldn't be a problem...
    Last edited by Peter Parker; 04-24-2009 at 03:48 PM.

Lopey: 6.1L N/A Modified / 3700lbs 473rwhp/439tq ~ Quickest ET : 11.152/117.5mph, 1/8 - 7.0/99.56, 1/4 Trap - 126.15mph <~ Sold
    R.I.P. Lou1355

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CHARGERSHED View Post
    Now you just need a Star-scan and a Service manual to properly check it. The starscan for the trans fluid temp, and the manual for the chart to tell the level in relation to said trans fluid temp... a dip-stick is only 1/3 of the battle...good luck...
    like peter said, we have the chart - diablo and dashhawk will give temps.....works very well - no luck required
    **No Longer an LX Owner - just a crazy lurker with sign on priveleges

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gooeytek View Post
    ebay, $26 shipped.

look up: Mercedes 722.6 Transmission Fluid Dipstick Repair Tool

I got mine on monday.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=
    will this work with the 3.5 RWD as the miller dip stick claims it does?

Post Thanks / Like
    if you have the 5-speed, yes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gooeytek View Post
    if you have the 5-speed, yes.
    nope, I have 4-speed RWD...anyone know what dipstick will work?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CHARGERSHED View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    A temp guage isn't a must if you know the general temp.... cold or hot (after normally running), although it helps dial it in perfect...

The ebay mercedes tranny dipstick has ~30 mm "cold" range measurement & 80MM "hot" range measurement and ships quick - easy to use. The Miller has every 10mm marked for more accuracy but takes almost a month for them to ship it and charge your card. Take your choice...

Also use the chart on page 5 here for proper fluid levels...http://modsfaceoff.com/2005_dodge_ma...ck%209336&#39;

If you guys want a picture showing the difference in each it shouldn't be a problem...
    Yep, I went into the local (small town) Dodge dealer to get the level checked recently.

The mechanic handed me the tool & said it should be somewhere around 60 - 75mm if the car has reached normal operating temperature & it was @ 60mm.

It's just not that complicated.

426 RWHP/460 RWTQ on motor, 555 RWHP on a 150 shot of juice
    12.062 @ 113.97 on motor, 11.306 @ 121.87 on a 125 HP shot
    Stock 5.7 rotating assembly, still MDS enabled

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MAGRT06AWD View Post
    Just ordered the Miller Tool SPX 9336 directly from manufacturer for approx. $46 plus shipping.No more looking for lower cost DIY replacements for the dipstick. At this price it was worth it in my book to buy what we all really need....an OEM tool good for the life of the car. http://millerspecialtools.spx.com/Detail.aspx?id=847 1-800-801-5420 Automatic Transmission, Rear Wheel Drive > 9336A Tool Number 9336A Your Price (USD) $46.93 Tool Name DIPSTICK Description This special Dip Stick must be used to ensure of proper Automatic Transmission Fluid Levels in LX & WK vehicles equipped with the NAG1 Transmission. Also works on the 42RLE Transaxle in LX Vehicles equipped with a 3.5 Liter Engine. NOTE: Consult your Service Manual for the proper fluid level checking procedures. 2005 thru Current Also see 8863B for Sprinter & Crossfire vehicles.
    A cheaper option is the Mercedes 722.6 dipstick PN# 140-589-15-21-00 ($26 Ebay)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post

Also use the chart on page 5 here for proper fluid levels...http://modsfaceoff.com/2005_dodge_magnum_TSB/21-011-05.pdf#search='transmission%20dipstick%209336'

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWagon896 View Post
    Yep, I went into the local (small town) Dodge dealer to get the level checked recently.

The mechanic handed me the tool & said it should be somewhere around 60 - 75mm if the car has reached normal operating temperature & it was @ 60mm.

It's just not that complicated.

Well I went back outside and checked and I was wrong...

The ebay (mercedes dipstick) has a 25 degree and 80 degree range, celsius (76/176 fahrenheit) lol....
    The miller on the bottom just counts the mm for you....

Think with your dipstick jimmy!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    On the Mercedes its recomended to get the fluid dead on the 4th line on the top when the transmission is at operating temp. (160-180F).
    The Miller dipstick is 70mm at operating temp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 1FST4DR View Post
    Nice find.Beans to you..!
    Thanks for bean......manufacturer must be nervous about potential business losses from Chyrsler.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nah, the manufacturer has a lot more to worry about than transmission dipsticks today... more like Chapter 11...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread