Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

MOPAR strut bar installed - **PICS**

No debates about who makes the best bar you guys. I just wanted to post up pics of my Mopar strut bar install for you to check out. You cannot re-install your strut covers with the Mopar bar. I don't think mine were making the front end very stiff anyway! I still have to take her out and see if I can notice any front end cornering improvement or if it's just a cool engine bay mod.

Fresh from Adam at Eastway (supporting vendor). Adam is the man for parts in Canada. Great prices and fantastic, friendly service!

As per instructions, use the holes in the bar as a drill bit guide. I finger tightened the nuts so the bar wouldn't shift when drilling. Works like a charm.

Before install. You can see the holes I've drilled already. Excuse the dirty bay, still have to clean it after our winter.

Installed! Real simple mod. Like plug 'n play.

Some close-ups:

2007 Black Charger R/T, Road & Track package - original owner - 1079 engine hours
    5.7L Hemi Registry #1521 | Service by Fnkychkn
    Mods: AirHammer/Magnaflow Catback/MOPAR Strut bar/Blinker mod/Hankook Ventus V12s/R1 Concepts rotors/Centric semi-metalic pads/Splash guards/Hood struts/BT Catch Can, Pistol grip, Skull emblem, knobs/PCM Cover/Hood weatherstrip/Glove Box Light/Mopar HEMI carpets & trunk carpet/WeatherTech floor liners/OEM battery maintenance by Battery Tender Plus

Resistance is futile

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks well built - what's the purpose of the two screws you had to drill for? I mean, it already connects the two struts pretty solid, just wondering why it screws in the top too.

Post back with your drive results...

Performance: AirHammer, Hi-flo cats, Bassani exhaust, Predator tuned, Mopar perf springs, Hotchkis sways, BT catch can, EGR delete
    Interior/Looks: Custom embroidered Katskins, custom embroidered console & cargo covers, tinted tails (Charg-um), Upper and Lower grills (NC-SXT), 'Cuda stripes, 20" Torque Thrust-M's, MoPower Shaker, MoPower Chin spoiler, PAINT!
    Tunes: Pioneer F90BT, JVC Arsenal KS-AR8004D + Kenwood KAC-7204, Infinity Reference setup including 2 10" subs in custom embroidered RobbyHo enclosures

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 7thS0N View Post
    Looks well built - what's the purpose of the two screws you had to drill for? I mean, it already connects the two struts pretty solid, just wondering why it screws in the top too.

Post back with your drive results...
    Two bolts are probably just to tie it into the stock brace and prevent any vibration noises. I don't think they really provide more rigidity, although the instructions claim you gain "maximum performance" from doing so. I'll be driving her tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had my eye on that one at Easway but Adam couldn't be persuaded to take more $ because it was about to be shipped to you ....LOL!

Looks awesome and I have one on order now after seeing yours in the flesh, so hope you feel the difference and let us all know.

Nothing like Mopar and Adam IS the man for ANY parts car related.....even if they are not for a Chrylser, Dodge or Jeep!
    Authentic Performance is Arrington Toronto
    Performance solutions with premier brands and personalized service for fans of classic and modern muscle cars!
    http://www.apcaccess.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/AuthenticPerformance

A Magnum SRT8 with a boosted Arrington 426 = 10.3 seconds of 1/4 mile fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    looks great, Bob.

guess you got a stiffy now.
    Izzy pics

ensure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fnkychkn View Post
    looks great, Bob.

guess you got a stiffy now.
    True enough fnky.....I have heard it is girth over length these days anyways, and that baby has max girth

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe a stoopid question but.... maybe hasn't been considered before.

After adding that strut bar where did the load get transfered to, what's the next link in the chain that is now taking the cornering forces?

Post Thanks / Like
    I would imagine it ties up the sheet metal structually, helping the steering from flexing and possible body roll/twist. By the way, how much Fastmover? Glad you got rid of the pants Pete, got to get that fnkychkn dancing tho, lol, also I see that Chryco was smart to give lots of strut bolt thread!
    Last edited by Mag05; 04-18-2009 at 04:21 PM.
    SLP CAI, SLP Catback, SLP 25% underdrive pulley, 170 stat, Predator SLP tunes[2], Mopar TCM, no esp mod., shorty headers, high flow cats

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job Bob!

Black Bullet

Post Thanks / Like
    Probably another stupid question, when installing this (Other than the obvious drilling), what's involved? Just removing the 3 nuts on the strut tower on each side and installing the sway then tightening the nuts back down? Also, I know you've got a Hemi, but is there any reason something like this could not be installed on a 3.5L?

Looks Awesome BTW

eGo

Who Farted? BEANIE!!!
    !Welcome to the United States of the Offended!
    Mods : Inertia Performance Heads, Inertia v1.1 Cams, MM Ported 71mm Throttle Body, JBA Shorty Headers, Airhammer HO, Predator w/Custom Tune from Stu, RT Brakes, Eibach Pro Kit, RT Exhaust, 20" Vipers

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mag05 View Post
    I would imagine it ties up the sheet metal structually, helping the steering from flexing and possible body roll/twist. By the way, how much Fastmover? Glad you got rid of the pants Pete, got to get that fnkychkn dancing tho, lol, also I see that Chryco was smart to give lots of strut bolt thread!
    Got it for $378 less the $50 Mopar coupon. That did the trick for me.

Quote Originally Posted by eGo View Post
    Probably another stupid question, when installing this (Other than the obvious drilling), what's involved? Just removing the 3 nuts on the strut tower on each side and installing the sway then tightening the nuts back down? Also, I know you've got a Hemi, but is there any reason something like this could not be installed on a 3.5L?

Looks Awesome BTW

eGo
    That's it, that's all. I couldn't believe how simple it was....a big reason I was able to do it!
    Installation instructions say it's for all LX 5.7 and 6.1s. However given that the hardpoints must be the same on a 3.5 I don't see why it wouldn't fit. Someone else may know for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CRS MSL View Post
    Maybe a stoopid question but.... maybe hasn't been considered before.

After adding that strut bar where did the load get transfered to, what's the next link in the chain that is now taking the cornering forces?
    Yep- it's been considered! Eventually the cornering forces work down to the bushings, but that's a thread for another day...

Quote Originally Posted by eGo View Post
    Also, I know you've got a Hemi, but is there any reason something like this could not be installed on a 3.5L?

Looks Awesome BTW

eGo
    The throttle-body for the 3.5 is on the side, so I don't know if the bar will clear it or not. Has anyone mounted this bar on a V6 yet?

I have the Razor's Edge bar, and the side bracket for the throttle body had to be trimmed a LOT. There's still barely enough room to clear it, but it does work!

Fastmover- is that some white-grease you sprayed on around the shock bolts? That's probably a good idea! Wish I'd thought of it!

2007 TorRed SXT/AWD: Gone, but not forgotten!
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, Kona Blue
    2007 Ram 1500 4x4

I'm not an actor, but I do play one on TV.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks nice.

PPP stage 3 big valve heads, Howards cam 219/227 .600/.575 112 +4, MMPG stage 1+ ported 6.1 intake & 85mm throttle body, LMI 4" true CAI, MSD "Blaster" coils, JBA headers & mids, Corsa exhaust, Paramount series 55 transmission, "Dominator" torque converter & stage 2 valve body, BC Racing coilovers, Eibach sways, BWoody links, Razorsedge brace, 226mm Getrag 3.91 LSD, Wilwood "plus 2" big brake kit by TCE, tuning by Robert Dito of Ditos motors

Post Thanks / Like
    very nice congrats.looks good

Post Thanks / Like
    good looking.

Also, by the looks of things, it looks like it will clear the 5.7 WITH the engine cover on it, no?
    Silver SRT8 Magnum - Ralph Gilles signature Edition
    SRT Options I, II, III, Sunroof, Side Airbags, Auto Headlight Mod, Leather Console Mod, Daytona Shifter Mod, Stealth Auto SRT8 Pedals, Hood light, Hotchkis Sways, DC Strut Brace, Corsa Cat Back, Mopar CAI, Glove box light, Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Stealth Paddle Shifters.

Mods on the list to be done:
    1) Secret Squirrel Mods

NorCal Chapter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Share This Thread