Post Thanks / Like

I think I may have decided...? for Bob

Hey Bob,
    So, I`m thinking dual stock resonators with challenger tips for my Magnum. Maybe 2 stock resonators will flow close to a single 14" magnaflow(what I have now, in the resonator position) and still be stealthy quiet.
    What are your thoughts?
    Can it be done?
    Cost?
    Jim
    07 MagSXT
    JBA Headers, 09 RT wheels, Stock muffler and reso replaced with Magnaflows.

Post Thanks / Like
    How about old school challenger tips?

Or even the 73 charger flamethrower tips?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimsmag06 View Post
    Hey Bob,
    So, I`m thinking dual stock resonators with challenger tips for my Magnum. Maybe 2 stock resonators will flow close to a single 14" magnaflow(what I have now, in the resonator position) and still be stealthy quiet.
    What are your thoughts?
    Can it be done?
    Cost?
    It would be quiet, it can be done. What worries me is the shape of the magnum bumper, which is not flat near the cut out. This would require you to go with tape measure in hand and find a Challenger hemi that you can do some measuring off of. Measure off the center of the exhaust outlet, which is offset in the tip, and see if your going to need to cut into the stepped part bumper, starts just an inch and a quarter from the edge of the hole, it may not look right.

The old school dual tips are too long to work with a resonator.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastin_Bob View Post
    It would be quiet, it can be done. What worries me is the shape of the magnum bumper, which is not flat near the cut out. This would require you to go with tape measure in hand and find a Challenger hemi that you can do some measuring off of. Measure off the center of the exhaust outlet, which is offset in the tip, and see if your going to need to cut into the stepped part bumper, starts just an inch and a quarter from the edge of the hole, it may not look right.

The old school dual tips are too long to work with a resonator.
    OK, I`ll hit the dealer with my tape measure. If that will not work, I`ll take a picture of the tip I have now, and we`ll see if we can match it up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Bob,
    Lets just keep it simple.
    The tip I have now is similar to the DW312 tip on your site, and I like it.
    So, what would be the price on a stock reso dual kit, What the heck......with mandrel bends?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimsmag06 View Post
    Hey Bob,
    Lets just keep it simple.
    The tip I have now is similar to the DW312 tip on your site, and I like it.
    So, what would be the price on a stock reso dual kit, What the heck......with mandrel bends?
    I don't have any stock reso's. I have used the few sets that I saved (threw out a ton of them last year)and haven't got any new sets in lately, I never save the ones with a bunch of miles on them.

If you want to have different tips welded on then I can send you a set of Challenger reso's, but I can't weld the tips on for you off of the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    If they are like the standard RT resos, those will work. If the Chally tips dont fit, I can always have them changed locally.

Share This Thread