Thread: Best Oil Filter

Post Thanks / Like

Post Best Oil Filter

K&N? Fram? Mopar?

What's the best oil filter you can put on a 6.1 Hemi and where can you get them?

Just had my first oil change and the dealer put on a Fram filter because they were out of everything else

Post Thanks / Like
    It is really hard to make recommendations without any research so I will only show some links to some interesting articles on the internet.

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilters/index.html

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oil.../opinions.html

I tend to use K&N and Mobil 1 filters based on the recommendations from these articles and some other that I have read. But I can not say if these articles are true or not.

2006 MSRT8
    Twin Scoop Hood - functional Ram Air (with AiRaid CAI)
    Mopar Perf Exhaust (CORSA)
    LED Tails (FactorOne)
    Centric PosiQuiet Brake Pads

Post Thanks / Like
    Best filter on the market.

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/eao.aspx

Robert and Alice - Engaged 12/13/2008, NYC Central Park on "Gothic" footbridge, Married 5/19/2012

R.I.P. Dad aka DynoBob

Post Thanks / Like
    Previously known as 'alpha' and 'b.71'

Post Thanks / Like

Talking NAPA Gold 1773, made by WIX for NAPA

About $10.00 holds a quart of oil. Been running one on my 5.7 since it's second oil change,
    with no trouble at all.

Jeff East - Gilbert, AZ.

2007 Charger R/T Daytona, Sublime #0108, "Margarita" SOLD, but not forgotten
    2012 Charger R/T Road & Track w/Super Track Pack, BORN 11-11-2011, DIED 07-02-2013
    2013 Charger R/T Road & Track Daytona w/ Super Track Pack, Blue Pearl #1901 BORN 07-12-2013

Post Thanks / Like
    i can confirm that mopar filter is a high quality champion labs design

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HemiLV View Post
    "...Just had my first oil change and the dealer put on a Fram filter because they were out of everything else"
    That's one of the worst ones on the market now, I wouldn't use it again. Cheaply made and internal compaired with other name brands.
    Silver SRT8||Mods||AirHammer | Modern Muscle TB & Stage 2 Manifold | Inertia's Spartan (113LSA) & Big Valve Heads | Mopar Cat-Back | 180 T-Stat | CMR Tune by SVS | Mopar TCM | BT Catch Can | Hotchkis Sways||(436HP & 402TQ)
    '67 Mustang GT||302ci 300+hp | 4sp toploader | 9" rear||Gone, but not forgotten Pics

Post Thanks / Like

Oil Filter

X2 for Amsoil's Ea Oil Filters. I highly recommend them!!

AMSOIL EaO Filters are guaranteed for 25,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first, when used in conjunction with AMSOIL synthetic motor oil in normal service.

EaO Filters provide a filtering efficiency in accordance with industry standard ISO 4548-12 of 98.7 percent at 15 microns, while competitive filters containing conventional cellulose medias range from 40 to 80 percent efficiency.

THE DETAILER www.spalisautodetailing.com
    Mods--AIRHAMMER CAI, Borla 125's, 180 Stat, Catch Can, Predator w/91 Octane/CAI Tune, ACES IV, 7.5w-23w oil, 75-115W gear oil, Quantum Blue tranny fluid. Best to date 13.7sec @ 102.52mph

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MoPOWeR-349 View Post
    That's one of the worst ones on the market now, I wouldn't use it again. Cheaply made and internal compaired with other name brands.
    i'd argur that he should remove it and put on a good one, or at least not exceed 3000mi on it under any circumstances.

Frams really are the worst. barely better than no filter at all

Post Thanks / Like
    Be careful when picking some of the oil filters recommended here. Your Challenger (all '08-up Hemi's) uses a metric thread filter and most of the ones recommended here will not fit.

I use an M1-210 (Mobil-1) or Mopar filter in my '08 SRT. I'll stick with those until the warranty is up, I figure they can't fault me for using either a Mopar filter or one by the same manufacturer as the recommended oil.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am with BBH and Spali32 on the amsoil filters. I only run them to 6k when I do my Oil Drops with M1 5w-20 or 0w-40 ( I have MDS off )

-R

Post Thanks / Like
    X3 on the Amsoil filters. The only problem is that they don't make one for 08 and newer LX/LY cars

Post Thanks / Like
    Havn't done an oil change yet, but was looking at the local Shucks (or however it is spelt) and the guy there reccomended either the Mobil 1, or the K&N (part number 2010)

Prices here were 11.99 for the K&N and 12.99 for the Mobil 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dano1974 View Post
    X3 on the Amsoil filters. The only problem is that they don't make one for 08 and newer LX/LY cars
    Wait, those are different? Many Chrysler and Dodge Vehicles have used the same filter since the 60s. I mean the O-ring and the thread is the same, the depth may vary. I'd be surprised if it's changed, but please verify if that's true. The Amsoil EaO-42 (standard) or EaO-15 (extra capacity longer) should fit. It's probably just a delay in verifying the application that didn't make the latest application guide.

bipto is offline "If you like your LXF, you can keep it"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrilliantBlackHemi View Post
    Wait, those are different? Many Chrysler and Dodge Vehicles have used the same filter since the 60s. I mean the O-ring and the thread is the same, the depth may vary. I'd be surprised if it's changed, but please verify if that's true. The Amsoil EaO-42 (standard) or EaO-15 (extra capacity longer) should fit. It's probably just a delay in verifying the application that didn't make the latest application guide.
    Alas, I believe they are different this year, BBH...
    "It's not that I'm old - your music really does suck..."
    See The Iron Mistress Galleries
    R.I.P. Dave Coults ***

Share This Thread