Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

CAN Bus Mapping/Hack Project

Help is needed!!!!!

If you haven't seen yet we've stood up a message board to discuss this very topic. We're making good strides and we still encourage support from everyone here.

I want to put out a call for anyone who has been held back by the CAN Bus. If you'd like to see something made possible by getting around it then let us know!

Click on the picture in my signature below to check out the progress, offer your support and post your ideas and concerns.

Also, we have set up a donation account on paypal to fund the development of this project.

Donations: donations@canhack.org

Thanks Everyone!!
    Last edited by DMAG; 07-28-2005 at 10:29 PM.
    Bright Silver 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
    Laramie 4X4 - 5.7L HEMI MDS- Fully loaded

Bright Silver 2005 Dodge Magnum RT
    GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN...
    It's Best was 14.286 @ 97.43 MPH 1/4 Mile

Black 1994 Pontiac Firebird Formula (Black Betty)
    12.017 @ 111.54 MPH 1/4 Mile

Post Thanks / Like
    Tony, I sent some money to support the effort. Keep up the good work and nice one setting up the domain and site so quickly.
    Robert and Alice - Engaged 12/13/2008, NYC Central Park on "Gothic" footbridge, Married 5/19/2012

R.I.P. Dad aka DynoBob

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks BBH! As always, you are a very generous LX owner!

Post Thanks / Like
    I registered over there but never got the confirmation e-mail and my account is not enabled. Maybe one of the administrators will see my plight and help me out? Last time I checked there was no e-mail address posted for the webmaster. Looks like a great project!

Post Thanks / Like
    300Curt,

You should be set. I'll look into the email problem. Thanks for the heads up!

Post Thanks / Like
    Fixed the url in your first post...it was missing a letter.
    Anthony
    Admin and Resident Website Fixer-upper

Follow Me on Twitter! | Knowledge Base | Search | LXOM Winners

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks DMAG!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey BBH!!! Thank you VERY much... Truely a generous LX Member..

And, to whoever Sticky'd this... THANKS!!!

Greatly appreciate everyone's support on this project.

As for the First 'BIG' purchase of the CANHack project.

We are aiming to get a 'CANUSB' adapter distributed by EasySync ( click on 'CAN Bus Solutions' in the left menu, then just above the 'CAN232' listing on the right, there's a "More details.." link... if you desire ).

The product is $154, and w/ the cheapest shipping will come to $160.01. Currently, we have $50 in our donation funds.

Thanks again to all who have supported this project. It's really going well, and it's all thanks to you guys/gals!
    '06 SRT8 Brilliant Black Charger [ Pix ]

"If you can read this, the light is still red."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by linuxkidd

And, to whoever Sticky'd this... THANKS!!!
    You are welcome! :D

Post Thanks / Like

Hear Ye Hear Ye!!!

I am no old salt nor am I cranky old fart but I have managed to learn me a thing or two as my time has gone by.

One of the most important things is:

You donít have to be a rocket ridiní Einstein in the brains department. Heck you donít have to be book smart at all. All you gotta do is KNOW the people that are and treat them nice.

The second thing I have learned is that ideas are immensely powerful. Ideas cause thing to happen and changes to occur in ways that are nearly unpredictable. They have a life of their very own and that is what makes them precious.

In mythology there is the creature that guards the gates of the underworld called Cerberus. It is a three headed monstrous helldog that prevents the exit or entrance of anyone from the dark to the light, the unknown to the known.

We are in the dark as to the inner workings of the LX platform computer system, and we must overcome the Cerberus of the CANbus system and ECM of LX platform cars.

TonyT , linuxKidd, BBH and others are throwing themselves at this with Herculean effort not knowing what successes or failures await them. They do this because they have an idea and they are compelled byt the power of this idea. This is the idea of ultimate user programming and modification on par with the way that most computer geeks modify their PC systems with special code and software.

I feel that this project is of far greater importance than ANY OTHER MOD that we can or will do. There is more than we can dream of available once we cross that gate into the Elysian summer of knowledge and capacity. I see the possibility of melding in aspects of 300c behavior, custom startup-shutdown functions, remote intelligent access and control by wireless network, intimate knowledge and analysis of all engine and system function with full control, the adapting in of other parts such as manual transmissions turned into a fairly easy swap and possibly even the integration of a MAF controlled fuel system instead of the clumsier SDS.

I put my full faith and vote of confidence behind these guys. I would like to see others doing the same. I will be making a contribution to this project the same way that I contributed to the CAI shootout.

Lets get together and help them to HELP US. Let us all please help them in any way that we can!

Thanks!

This message brought to you in HD large font for the hard of hearing
    Last edited by Rev.Hammer; 07-29-2005 at 02:56 PM.

And the dead shall walk

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow... Thanks Rev.Hammer!

I have to say I agree completely. There's no limit once we get into this thing. It may take a while, but it'll be well worth the wait!

We have some VERY intelligent people here and on the CANHack.org forums. So with everyone's help, it's only a matter of time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Rev.,

You are correct when you say you are passionate about these vehicles. Your support is valued and this great community is lucky to have a supporter like you!

We are doing some great things here and when I was over LinuxKidd's house last night, you should've seen how excited we were talking about the possibilities this project will bestow upon us....

Thanks again Rev and to everyone who is supporting this! It's going to be a rough ride to the finish line, but the after party is going to be spectacular!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We have LIFT OFF!

Ok ladies and Gents... Are you all sitting down?

We have successfully gained access to the CAN Bus!

We borrowed a CAN232 to make sure it would work before purchasing the CANUSB ( same CAN transceiver in both ).

Cummon donations!! We still need to buy our own CANUSB! This is only a temporary Loaner!

**edit to add Donations link **
    Last edited by linuxkidd; 07-31-2005 at 08:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    YEAH!

Geeks rule!

Post Thanks / Like
    It's not going to be a simple task to decode that.

2005 Magnum RT AWD, Inferno Red

AIR Hammer, Nitrous Outlet nitrous plate, ZEX 100 Shot
    HHP High Flow Cats, Magnaflow cat back, KW V2
    Predator, Taylor shorty plug wires
    Stant 180* thermostat, ESP Mod, Royal Purple XPR
    Pioneer AVIC-D1, Reverse Camera
    Cel Phone Mount, leather Console cover, Katzkin Leather interior
    12.571 @ 106.71

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread