Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Texas Mile

Post Thanks / Like

Texas Mile

So which of you petrol heads wants to know wow fast you can go in 1 mile. i'm thinking of going sunday.

Capital City LX would be out there also.

dont let me list names now.
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8crash View Post
    Its like paying $6K for your girlfriend to get a great boob job, then meeting a girl that has better boobs that are natural, are you gonna complain cuz you paid $6k for boobs for an Ex that aren't as good as the one in your hand? I think not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where?

2007 Charger Road & Track R/T

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry.ill b with freebird at springfest.take some pics though.wish i could make it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello People.

whats the use of all those Hemis if we are not running them?

Post Thanks / Like
    So who has the current street vehicle record there? If I remember right I remember Ryan Woon breaking it in his supra a couple years back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wrestlingnrj View Post
    So who has the current street vehicle record there? If I remember right I remember Ryan Woon breaking it in his supra a couple years back.
    well for the LX side it's redfox. some one else has the the fastest but that was on the juice. (legal side of life you cant run juice on the street so redfox has the highest street car on the TX mile)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by deathtrain View Post
    well for the LX side it's redfox. some one else has the the fastest but that was on the juice. (legal side of life you cant run juice on the street so redfox has the highest street car on the TX mile)
    Yeah, right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Last time I checked, you also can't legally run 160 MPH+ on the street either.

I'll spot Nathan the LX/NA record in the mile, but ....

http://lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=136501

Post Thanks / Like
    haha. i wanna go fast. LOu, can i see ur build sheet?

Post Thanks / Like
    viper, if no one else from houston is going, talk to c2m2 (capital city modern mopar) our sister club in austin. i think some of them are caravaning. but i believe they are leaving there about 7am, so that would mean either moteling it the night before or leaving hellishly early that morning.
    Last edited by DirtyLittleSister; 03-01-2009 at 02:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rcboarder76 View Post
    follow the money, ask the next question and trust no one

Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you......JesusChrist and the American Soldier.One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.-UNKNOWN

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lou1355 View Post
    Last time I checked, you also can't legally run 160 MPH+ on the street either.

I'll spot Nathan the LX/NA record in the mile, but ....

http://lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=136501
    ok DA.. that's what I said. I could not remember who had the fastest LX. you have it but that's on the juice. Redfox has the NA title. (but at least his is full time power all the time)

but Lou i Still stand that you have the FASTEST LX. I just didnt remember who had that title.
    Last edited by deathtrain; 03-01-2009 at 02:45 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by viper3ez View Post
    haha. i wanna go fast. LOu, can i see ur build sheet?
    The one from the motor I had in October and melted down in November:

http://lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=138047

Or the one I have now:

http://lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=145506 (post #19 for brief motor description)

Further update:

http://lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=151144

In October I had a Stu built 420 stroker with a direct port + fogger plate, two-stage, twin bottle, six solenoid, aux fuel system 550 shot nitrous system.

Here are some pics of the pistons out of that motor:

http://lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=147130

Here are some pics of four of the spark plugs out of it:

http://lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=149555

I now have a ProLine Race Engines 421 stroker ready to go in the car (with Stu built big valve ported and polished heads, 90 mm Arrington trhottle body and Stu throated and ported intake manifold, CP pistons (4.068), Callies crank (4.052), held together with Oliver rods) and a custom intercooled ProCharger F1R waiting to be plumbed into it.

Nathan has also converted to supercharging, with an F1C, so someone else is going to have to go after the NA/LX record at the mile.

Physics being what it is, I suppose Nathan's superior driving skills and nerve combined with his lighter chassis weight, slightly higher compression, lighter/faster-spooling rotating assembly and superior prep ensured his NA record to date. My hot rod came close NA (159.303) but no cigar.

My sincere desire is to keep pushing the Ultimate LX Record down the road. I'm confident Nathan has some plans in that regard also.

First to 200 MPH anyone?

YeeHaw.
    Last edited by lou1355; 03-01-2009 at 07:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by deathtrain View Post

Red is the fastest street (naturally aspirated) LX @ 160. Lou on NOS at 182 and fastest overall street car is a school friend of mine w/ a turbo Supra @ 242mph.

Hope to see SCLX there!
    Les
    My Duster is getting an Inertia Motorsports HEMI!

Didn't you make it to the Texas ALL MOPAR event benefiting the Tx School for the Blind?

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, fellas, let's just get over this "street" thing right now. I'm soon going to have a street legal hot rod that will be both faster and quicker than my former juice-mobile.

I still don't get why having a N2O system changes you from a street vehicle to something else, but having a supercharger certainly does not--there are millions of supercharged cars on the road.

If you want to make distinctions between naturally aspirated and power adders, well OK (even though I think boring/stroking and goosing the compression on a motor is also a "power adder").

But let's get over this "street" designation. That turbo Supra at 242 MPH in the mile still has the basic components of the OEM model, just highly modified, afterall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread