Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Any one know how to reset mds?

THE owners manual says that any time the battery is disconnected or replaced that the MDS has to be reset by the dealer!
    MINES been acting funny since a battery upgrade and was wondering if it can be done myself some how so i dont need a trip to the house of con artist's and since i have my battery disconnected all the time for audio upgardes non stop.
    MAYBE FUNKY CHICKEN WILL KNOW AND CHIME IN.

I'd be unstoppable if it wasnt for Physics & Law enforcement

Post Thanks / Like
    Acting weird as in? By chance does it seem to kick in with more of "feel" now? ANy engine work done?

Stock catback, and stock drivetrain
    Typing from a tablet, excuse typos.

Post Thanks / Like
    its kicking in at lite pedal and at 25 mph in 2nd gear or some times is 3rd gear around 35-40.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sound&security View Post
    THE owners manual says that any time the battery is disconnected or replaced that the MDS has to be reset by the dealer!
    MINES been acting funny since a battery upgrade and was wondering if it can be done myself some how so i dont need a trip to the house of con artist's and since i have my battery disconnected all the time for audio upgardes non stop.
    MAYBE FUNKY CHICKEN WILL KNOW AND CHIME IN.
    The concept of resetting MDS was abandoned by Chrysler about 3 years ago. You have no need for concern.

Post Thanks / Like
    yes headers/cats/cat back/fan mod/cai [the basics]-does it with diablo and with it returned to stock also. motors is fine and in prefect tune/trans is fine and been serviced and was very clean. car has 24.000 on it.
    IF i'm on the throttle its fine any thing over a 1/3 of the pedal its all good.
    driving down my street to day in 2nd and just as it was going to shift to 3rd the mds kicked in and it seems to bog the motor down.
    THERES no codes or cel
    there has to be a way to teach it!?????
    Last edited by sound&security; 02-17-2009 at 10:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    mine has been doing the same thing since i bought it. i thought it was normal. it goes into 4 cyl mode anytime the motor has little to no load on it is how i understood it regardless of what gear it was in. correct me if i am wrong please.
    it is kinda annoying.
    clarence

Post Thanks / Like
    yes headers/cats/cat back/fan mod/cai [the basics]-does it with diablo and with it returned to stock also. motors is fine and in prefect tune/trans is fine and been serviced and was very clean. car has 24.000 on it.
    IF i'm on the throttle its fine any thing over a 1/3 of the pedal its all good.
    driving down my street to day in 2nd and just as it was going to shift to 3rd the mds kicked in and it seems to bog the motor down.
    THERES no codes or cel
    there has to be a way to teach it!?????
    Are you comparing the MDS activity pre and post mods? Is this why you had the battery disconnected? If so, I think your just hearing and feeling the MDS more with the full exhaust. I wouldn't be worried?

Post Thanks / Like
    mds? whats mds? rumor has it it never kicked in in my RT. i wonder why
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8crash View Post
    Its like paying $6K for your girlfriend to get a great boob job, then meeting a girl that has better boobs that are natural, are you gonna complain cuz you paid $6k for boobs for an Ex that aren't as good as the one in your hand? I think not.

Post Thanks / Like
    At one time, long, long time ago.......There was a way to reset MDS. I have used this method a few times to get MDS to work better. Seemed to work, but haven't used it in quite a while. You would start the car, put it in 1st gear, nail it up to about 40mph or so, let it back down all the way to barely moving, (keeping it in 1st gear)after stopping, put it park, shut the engine off, then start again and this was supposed to reset MDS. I'm not saying it will work, but it seemed to work the last time I used it.

2005 Magnum RT
    Blown 2009 Challenger SRT

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Higshemi View Post
    Are you comparing the MDS activity pre and post mods? Is this why you had the battery disconnected? If so, I think your just hearing and feeling the MDS more with the full exhaust. I wouldn't be worried?
    no the car has these mods for years. what the problem is that it started 2 weeks ago when i rewired my system for a bigger amp and had the battery disconnected for a battery replacement.

Post Thanks / Like
    WELL-I FIXED IT!!!!!!
    RETURNED my tune back to stock-reset the throttle-did the 1st gear run to 4500 rpm-cycled the key-and cleared the havc code AND IT FREAKING WORKED LIKE A CHARM.
    CAR drives much better and the MDS doesnt kick in till after 40 mph on lite pedal and 4th gear or above.
    drove it for today and rechecked for codes [nothing] reloaded the 93 tune and drove for 30 miles and no codes after 5 key cycle's SO ALL IS GOOD.
    Last edited by sound&security; 02-19-2009 at 01:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice. Some say the MDS reset does not work, but it gets it to start working sooner after the battery is disconnected. Confirmed by my MDS light.

Jay
    2013 Honda Accord EX - 2.4L/6-Speed Manual

2004 Chrysler Pacifica AWD-Everything but the kitchen sink.
    2011 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic - Redline 3-Coat Pearl, 6-speed - Gone
    2005 Dodge Magnum RT-Can you say...HEMI? - Gone
    1989 WS6/L98 Trans Am-Got Torque? - Gone

Post Thanks / Like
    WELL-I FIXED IT!!!!!!
    RETURNED my tune back to stock-reset the throttle-did the 1st gear run to 4500 rpm-cycled the key-and cleared the havc code AND IT FREAKING WORKED LIKE A CHARM.
    CAR drive much better and the MDS doesnt kick in till after 40 mph on lite pedal and 4th gear or above.
    drove it for today and rechecked for codes [nothing] reloaded the 93 tune and drove for 30 miles and no codes after 5 key cycle's SO ALL GOOD.
    I can take off in MDS if I ease into the throttle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    My problem was that it was kicking in at 20 mph in second and making a funny noise and boging the motor.

Post Thanks / Like
    My problem was that it was kicking in at 20 mph in second and making a funny noise and boging the motor.
    You may have a funny noise and bogging, but that is not the MDS coming in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread