Thread: it's to quiet

Post Thanks / Like

it's to quiet

Bob,
    I had a a local muffler shop, make me a custom flowmaster setup, today while i was driving, i noticed it was very quiet, when i first got it 2 years ago it was loud, is there a cheap fix for this?

Post Thanks / Like
    i also had a CAI at the time to which is no longer in...could that be what made it quiet too?

Post Thanks / Like
    How is the current setup configured? CAI's can be heard inside under acceleration, but it shouldn't have changed the way the exhaust sounds. Did you try to reset the computer?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastin_Bob View Post
    How is the current setup configured? CAI's can be heard inside under acceleration, but it shouldn't have changed the way the exhaust sounds. Did you try to reset the computer?

just 2 flowmaster mufflers with 2.25 pipe no resonators, i had the CAI out for almost 8 months now, but it's now it seems the exhaust got quieter the last week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE KID View Post
    just 2 flowmaster mufflers with 2.25 pipe no resonators, i had the CAI out for almost 8 months now, but it's now it seems the exhaust got quieter the last week.
    Could be a plugged cat. converter. Put her on a lift a hit it with a rubber mallet to see if it broke loose inside. The OE cat substrate is stainless instead of ceramic. I've seen them shrink into a ball and plug up the exhaust.

Post Thanks / Like
    awesome i will try that thanks bob.

Posted via LXFMobile

Share This Thread