LX Forums Forum banner

Houston Raceway Park

14K views 194 replies 12 participants last post by  viper3ez 
#1 ·
Friday Night Test and Tune this weekend (23rd Jan)

anyone else want to go for some runs?

#72 ·
let me kn ow when you guys undertake it.
i can come and hold your beer for you haha

#75 ·
anyone going to HRP Tonight?

#78 ·
yea... me neither...
maybe i can get a converter installed within the next 2 weeks then :)

#80 ·
well, they compliment is true but not free.

how do you launch? i am obviously launching like crap. i really wish i could be at navasota. uncle sam has "better" plans for me in the idea of a drill weekend

#82 ·
1,000? thats like idle. so u just idle the car pretty much? if i hit my gas at that rpm i'll spin out i think

#85 ·
for you. if you dont go, we all know you coould do anything at ur house but take a nap

#87 ·
ouch i feel the burn. traffic is not funny especially in our cars. i hope u joking when you say you moving closer. you must love the sound of top fuel dragsters going down the strip

#89 ·
viper,
are you hammering the throttle when the light changes?

some of the guys cutting really quick times are stalling to about 1500,
taking foot off the brake and rolling a couple feet,
then rolling into the throttle, rather than slamming it.

wish i had more practice to say what works best for me

#92 · (Edited)
i am flooring it, its so hard to stay off it off the line when the other guy reacted b4 u and looks like he is leaving. i seriously need practice. if only i could have made it to navasota. would have been a good chance to practice

#91 ·
if you stall the car up for too *long* it will start to pull timing.
you want to hang on the brake, and as soon as youre opponent stages (or you stage, whichever is second) you want to immediately get your revs to where you want to launch from.

if you beat the opponent to the line and stall up and hold it for 20 seconds, when you launch it will be like a pig because of the timing the engine begins to pull

#99 ·
i know. sweet painful love. as if beatin my srt on 60' wasn't enough

Posted via LXFMobile

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.