Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Version AG In-Motion Hack Now Available

Thanks to Vindes the AG version of the in-motion hack is now available. Mr.I and I bought the disc, and Vindes applied his patch..

Here is the quote from carhack dot org
    Much thanks to Mr. Incredible and Hawkxp for acquiring the newest AG version of the navigation disc. Their hard work and hard earned dollars have made this possible.

I am providing patches at the following links to hack the AG version software for REC equipped vehicles to defeat the in-motion limitations.

I'm providing two versions this time. The first will leave the "version number" of the software unchanged at 2.07 (which is what the AG disc comes with) and simply defeat the in-motion limitations. If you apply this patch and install the update on your REC you can then freely use an official, unhacked AG disc in your nav without losing the in-motion hacks.

The second file patches the AG version number to 2.06.50. If you apply this to your nav and then insert a real (unhacked) AG disc your nav will overwrite the hacked version with the official version. This could be useful if you want to use the hack for now, but envision perhaps selling your car soon and wanting to revert to the un-altered offical AG version before you do.

The patch files can be downloaded with these links:
    www.carhack.org/downloads/AGUpdateTo27.exe
    www.carhack.org/downloads/AGUpdate2650.exe

If it's not obvious which is which you probably shouldn't be messing with this sort of stuff.

Instructions for applying the patch are essentially the same as for the AF and AE versions. For full instructions and explanations please see the following threads for details.
    AF instruction thread: http://www.carhack.org/forum/index.php?topic=81.0
    AE instruction thread: http://www.carhack.org/forum/index.php?topic=18.0

Those threads contain links to the older version patches, so please just follow the instructions in those threads and don't ask why the patches linked in those threads won't work on your AG disc. You have to use one of the patches linked above.

Finally, I don't have an RB1 patch for this version. Jeepguy_1980 made the RB1 patch for the AF version (see thread http://www.carhack.org/forum/index.php?topic=103.0) and seeing as I don't have an RB1 I don't have any way to test an update.

Hopefully Jeepguy_1980 will be along with an updated patch for the RB1 shortly.

And finally, I suspect somebody will make a torrent available for the entire AG disc with the patches applied available for download. I personally don't condone this sort of behavior, since you really should purchase your own version of the AG disc and apply the patch to your own legally obtained copy. But people will do what they do, and in the end you may find it easier to download a pre-hacked AG disc image than go through the process of applying the patch yourself. But I can't tell you where to find such illegal downloads. (Although somebody else may come along that can.)
    In the next day or so, I will be creating torrents for the 2 versions. We will probably also have a third version, which will be for people who already installed a purchased AG disk, and want to apply the patch.

Hawk
    What would the US do if Mexican Drug lords lauched rockets from Tijuana?

Post Thanks / Like
    sweettttt

Post Thanks / Like
    The torrents are now available for an ISO with the inmotion disabled.

Before the link, I wanted to explain the versioning a little bit. There are going to be 3 ISOs, so please read this little paragraph The functionality and map info is 100% the same on all three ISOs, the only difference is the version of the disc.

In order to upgrade your nav info, the version of the disc much be higher then what is currently loaded. We have heard of people getting burned by their service advisor, because the recognized the version as being non-standard, so we wanted to create a way to go to a "normal" version.

The normal version for AG is 2.07.00, for the AC/AD/AE/AF hacks, we simply went with 2.0X.01 (where X was 3, 4,5 or 6) However, for the AF disc we also created a 2.06.00 version, which allowed the version to look the same as the STOCK AF disc. However it would still be hacked, and if you but an OEM disc in, the inmotion would still be disabled.

For the AG, we are trying something new. The prefered ISO to use will create a version 2.06.50. Which will allow you to put a STOCK OEM AG disc in, and REMOVE the inmotion hack, incase you feel the need to do so when you sell the car

The other two versions that will be availabvle, are a 2.07.00 which is the STOCK version. And a 2.07.01 which should be used when you bought the oroginal disc, but still want the inmotion disabled.

The 2.06.50 torrent is available here **** being reuploaded ***
    The 2.07.00 torrent is available here http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4616147
    The 2.07.01 torrent is available here http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4616405

I do not condone stealing... so please go out and BUY the AG disc, then use this purely to disable the inmotion. I did
    Last edited by hawkxp; 01-02-2009 at 08:25 PM. Reason: 01 version available

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the info and work

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for posting over here hawkxp. I had my kid crawling around the room chewing on power cords and DVDs and was all I could do to put it up on carhack.org. Totally slipped my mind to post something over here.

Nice job getting the torrents up so quick.
    Black Charger SRT8, Nav Hack, 13.052@108.86 w/1.993 60' stock
    Try the Excel Drag Simulator

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for doing this!

On a side note, how is the performance of AG compared to previous versions? I recall that upgrading from AD to AE caused routing to get a little bit slower.
    How do I.... EVERYTHING!
    SoCalLX - Where Southern California Car Culture Meets Modern Mopar Muscle

Post Thanks / Like
    So I got this question in a PM.. But others will have it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeHemi
    I have a question about downloading and installing the AG Hack. I currrently have the AF with a proper disc. Which version do I want to download? Once I install the AG version, can I go back to the AF version?

Thanks
    You want to download the 2.06.50 release. This way if you decide to sell the car, you can then install the OEM AG disc, and no one will ever know the difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mnunes View Post
    Thanks for doing this!

On a side note, how is the performance of AG compared to previous versions? I recall that upgrading from AD to AE caused routing to get a little bit slower.
    You want a review as well?

I havent noticed any difference.. no new streets.. no slowness either ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkxp View Post
    You want a review as well?

I havent noticed any difference.. no new streets.. no slowness either ...
    Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jim!
    As I read it the 2.07.00 is the official AG with no hack correct?\
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkxp View Post
    So I got this question in a PM.. But others will have it as well.

You want to download the 2.06.50 release. This way if you decide to sell the car, you can then install the OEM AG disc, and no one will ever know the difference.
    2002 SeaDoo GTX RFI 800 SDI - SOLD
    2004 SkiDoo 600 H.O. SDI - SOLD
    2005 Magnum RT AWD - SOLD
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja - SOLD
    2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid
    2011 HONDA CBR RA
    2011 Yamaha Apex
    2011 SeaDoo GTX 155
    2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8
    "They even have the Internet for computers now."
    Homer Simpson

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.niftie View Post
    Thanks Jim!
    No, this is still a hack, you can get the original AG w/o inmotion from here:

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4605552/05064033AG.iso
    GoMango ->2197

This car has seen it all since the day she was born:
    From Myrtle Beach, SC->Fayetteville, NC->Brunssum, Netherlands->Savannah, GA->Redding, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by juanitorus View Post
    No, this is still a hack, you can get the original AG w/o inmotion from here:

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4605552/05064033AG.iso
    Yep.. I forgot to list that one.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.niftie View Post
    Thanks Jim!
    THough Im not jim...

The 2.07.00 is the hacked version with the SAME number as the original AG.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Jim comment comes from Jaak's original use of the avatar, bound to be confused with the original.
    05 Magnum RT 5.7 (Member ALLPAR.com 200,000 mile club) Rockinsrt8 shifter, Hemi reg #164 325,000 miles
    Sidewinder, 6.1 pushrods, springs, underdrive pulley, SRT exhaust (donated by NHDave) headers to tips, all installed by Hemi31! Quaife, certain Pedders bushes installed, SRT Nivomats and Bilsteins. Police rotors and pads. HIR. Predator. LMI.

09 Jeep GC Limited, Hemi powered of course.

1:19 NJMP Lightning
    1:45 Mosport

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    The Jim comment comes from Jaak's original use of the avatar, bound to be confused with the original.
    Just realized... I never went back to my avatar since we spoofed Jaaks

Hawkxp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread