Post Thanks / Like

Strange Question...

Bob, I've got an interesting question for you, as the guru of the last 3-4 feet of exhaust on LX's

Background:

I'm in position to get a pretty cheap deal on a friends Borla 125 Exhaust (that's the two muffler, more aggressive version). The issue is, that I was previously planning on buying the 112 (four muffler, less aggressive) model, but I can't really say no to the price I'm getting on the 125!

My question:

Should I decide the 125 is somewhat too loud/annoying/my neighbors are slashing my tires, what would you recommend to quiet it down a bit from your arsenal of resonated fat pipes etc.., maybe somewhere between the 112 and 125, without losing the quality sound the Borla's make.

Not sure if you're familiar with the Borla sounds, but I'd appreciate the advice if you are!

Thanks!
    Last edited by shaft9ii; 12-06-2008 at 09:59 PM.
    Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."

2006 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD, Black.

Current mods: Mopar CAI (came with the car, woohoo!), Diablo Predator CAI 93 Tune, Chrysler Ipod Integration Kit, Billet Tech Catch Can, and a bottle of Throttle Body Cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like
    its all up to you what you like? you like loud then go loud but, if you got a family and you want to keep peace then perhaps stick with the more quiet ones to keep everyone happy. by the sounds of it though you want the quiet one as you were already planning on buying it. now if you get the loud one and decide its too noisy for your taste the only thing left to do would be lol yep swap em out so yeah.... hope this helps!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gucci300C View Post
    its all up to you what you like? you like loud then go loud but, if you got a family and you want to keep peace then perhaps stick with the more quiet ones to keep everyone happy. by the sounds of it though you want the quiet one as you were already planning on buying it. now if you get the loud one and decide its too noisy for your taste the only thing left to do would be lol yep swap em out so yeah.... hope this helps!

well I was thinking that there might be some sort of Blasting Bob's resonated kit, etc etc that might soften it up a bit?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shaft9ii View Post
    Bob, I've got an interesting question for you, as the guru of the last 3-4 feet of exhaust on LX's

Background:

I'm in position to get a pretty cheap deal on a friends Borla 125 Exhaust (that's the two muffler, more aggressive version). The issue is, that I was previously planning on buying the 112 (four muffler, less aggressive) model, but I can't really say no to the price I'm getting on the 125!

My question:

Should I decide the 125 is somewhat too loud/annoying/my neighbors are slashing my tires, what would you recommend to quiet it down a bit from your arsenal of resonated fat pipes etc.., maybe somewhere between the 112 and 125, without losing the quality sound the Borla's make.

Not sure if you're familiar with the Borla sounds, but I'd appreciate the advice if you are!

Thanks!
    I have not installed a borla system but my neighbor has the mopar kit on his. None of my kits will bolt-on to a Borla system. To stay Borla you can always buy one of their universal mufflers, not sure how long the tips are on the 125 and whether or not you can re-use them. The tips will need to be about 5-6" long if you decide to use a Borla muffler for the rear resonator. That being said I don't think the 125 should be so loud that your neighbor will be angry so long as you don't go to work at 4 a.m. and start it up next to someones bedroom window.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastin_Bob View Post
    I have not installed a borla system but my neighbor has the mopar kit on his. None of my kits will bolt-on to a Borla system. To stay Borla you can always buy one of their universal mufflers, not sure how long the tips are on the 125 and whether or not you can re-use them. The tips will need to be about 5-6" long if you decide to use a Borla muffler for the rear resonator. That being said I don't think the 125 should be so loud that your neighbor will be angry so long as you don't go to work at 4 a.m. and start it up next to someones bedroom window.

Bob

Interesting you say that, because I actually get home from work around 3am, and live in a closely settled neighborhood.

Share This Thread