LX Forums Forum banner

Dreaded tranny leak

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  DarthCharger 
#1 ·
Well folks, it finally happened to me. I got the dreaded tranny fluid leak which means I got to remove the Predator upload and replace it with the stock program. I also am throwing a code with the 175 degree thermostat as the engine is not getting to 180 degrees within the allotted time. Anyone know if I need to switch back to the stock thermostat before I take the ride to one of our SpaceCityLX sponsors for waranty repair?

BTW, nice job with the SpaceCityLX web page Rob. See you all at the TFT with or without the Charger!!
Later

#3 ·
Well folks, it finally happened to me. I got the dreaded tranny fluid leak which means I got to remove the Predator upload and replace it with the stock program. I also am throwing a code with the 175 degree thermostat as the engine is not getting to 180 degrees within the allotted time. Anyone know if I need to switch back to the stock thermostat before I take the ride to one of our SpaceCityLX sponsors for waranty repair?

BTW, nice job with the SpaceCityLX web page Rob. See you all at the TFT with or without the Charger!!
Later
Dr Al -- call us on the sclx line, we can walk you thru the code reset on the predator -- no need to change out for the dealer partner visit...

Tranny fix is a 20 minute deal...let us know if there are any issues-thx

#8 ·
Greetings Mission Commander,
I uninstalled the Preditor easily, took the car to Allen Samuels and they corrected the problem under warranty. Also had the oil changed and got the discount as a club member. This Dodge Dealer is a class act.

I also bought some BT stuff from Heidi including the "Park Lockout Mechanism". I think I am going to need help installing this part if anyone is willing to supervise the install. Drinks are on me!

Later,
Dr Al. (aka DarthCharger)

#9 ·
I restored by flash back to factory and had Allen Samuel in Katy do the tranny leak. Looks good for now but I will check again tomorrow after I road test to make sure.
Later,
Dr. Al (aka DarthCharger)

#11 ·
I wore my SpaceCityLX shirt and took my SpaceCityLX ID card given to members in case they asked for it. They did not but I have been there before and they had me in their system. If you have the SpaceCityLX ID card, I would show it to them to make sure things move along. They do give members preferred service as described in the SpaceCityLX web page.
Good luck,
Dr. Al

#15 ·
Ever notice the influx of failed tranny orings and gaskets as the weather gets colder?

I have for the past 2 winters.
Yes I have and thought it would be interesting to plot the number of failures versus geographic location. Would cold climates (Higher latitudes) have more or fewer failures? Would they occur more during warmer or colder weathewr or is the failure independent of temperature? Interesting that one of the poster had the failure after a long trip. My failure occured after a 400 mi trip at substained 75-80mph speeds.
Later

#17 ·
I would suggest you contact Rob (stealthsrt8) in charge of flight operations (VP) for the possibility of getting the card. I think he is scheduled to be at the TFTs. Call the SpaceCityLX hotline at http://www.spacecitylx.com/about_us.html JohnnyBee or Rob should answer.
Later

#16 ·
I am just suspicious of the material that makes up the gasket or orings. Lower grade rubberplasticizergunkystuff than the Mercedes. People who stick the Mercedes style never seem to have a repeat failure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.