Post Thanks / Like

esp bas light on..rough start and idle

esp bas, red lighting bolt light indicator light came on the dash board aslo have a rough start and rough idle but sometimes i get lucky it starts up fine... tried codes, no codes found..friend said it might be the (ETC) or the (EGR Valve), so i bought them both and had them replaced.. WRONG! car still runs like crud!! i luv my car!!plz help!!

Thanks!
    300dan
    Last edited by 300dan; 12-03-2008 at 11:08 PM. Reason: mispell

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 2006 Dodge Magnum and I have been having the same problem since the beginning of October. The engine light, the electronic throttle light, and the esp/bas light comes on it rough idles then we stall. The dealership has replaced so many parts and still nothing is solving the problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    i've had this problem get your crank sensor checked

Post Thanks / Like
    Crank and cam position sensors have been discovered to be a possible culprit to this problem in another thread.
    The "Un"Club!
    We have two rules, Love Cars and Have Fun!
    Michigan Charter Founder

2005 Inferno Red (PEL) Magnum R/T - Hemi Registry #000573
    - Todd -

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMopar View Post
    Crank and cam position sensors have been discovered to be a possible culprit to this problem in another thread.
    on the 3.5???

I DRINK ROYAL PURPLE! WHAT NOW?!

> 2006 Silver SRT-8 magnum, adopted 9/9/06 with 36 miles, groups I, II, &III.
    * tinted LED Tails * Mopar Remote Start * Stainless Airhammer * Coated Kooks Longtubes * PPP Heads, Cam, and Converter * Alpine R10 Subs/AoN Enclosures * 20" Black AR 311's w/ Nitto 420's * Corsa cat-back * Front Window Tint * Ratman Hatch Button Mod * Hotchkis Sways * BT Underhood Bling * Polished Intake Manifold * Autodim Drivers Mirror *

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm having a similar problem. I'm taking it the dealership next week. One of the codes I received is P061A. I was told that it could possibly be the PCM that would need to be replaced and that it should be under warranty since I'm under 80K miles. My car is to the point now where I don't drive it much because it stalls and stops so much. I will keep you all posted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Check for vacuum leaks this happened to me I had changed the spark plugs on my 3.5 after this it started to do this and I found it was the O ring on the egr tube on the back of the intake. I changed the 8 dollar O ring and haven't had a problem since. And for the P061a code I had the same one it is a throttle code its getting more air then the throttlebody is letting in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a vacuum leak.
    2006 MSRT8 in Brilliant Black, Options I,II,III, Sunroof and Sideairbags, Free Auto On Headlight Mod, Headlights on wth wipers, Highbeams on with Fog Lights, Hacked Nav, MOPAR Remote Start, BLACKEND I-Pass, Tailgate Plugs, 20% Tint Side Front Windows, Smoke LED Tailights, Airhammer CAI, Kooks LoKo Coated headers, Hi-Flow Cats, JBA 3" Cat Back, eibach sways. Fri Ported Intake, Fri Street Heads, Fri Littleboy Cam, P.I. 2800 Stall Converter, Custom Autometer 5 gauge over the visor pod, B.T. 65 Standard Hurst Shift conversion, TommyZ Hood S.N. 2. 180 degree T-Stat, BT Ported TB.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had this on my 05 Mag RT. I took it to the dealer (right before the 36k warrenty expired). They did NOT believe me until I kept starting it until it did it, and then the advisor verified. They ended up "flashing" the pcm and it has NOT done it since (96k now)

Share This Thread