Post Thanks / Like

Question for Bob

Bob,
    what do you think about a v6 dual kit option with smaller diameter pipes?
    I was thinking that smaller pipes may move the torque a little lower in the power band.....we need all the low end that we can get!
    Jim
    07 MagSXT
    JBA Headers, 09 RT wheels, Stock muffler and reso replaced with Magnaflows.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimsmag06 View Post
    Bob,
    what do you think about a v6 dual kit option with smaller diameter pipes?
    I was thinking that smaller pipes may move the torque a little lower in the power band.....we need all the low end that we can get!
    I don't think going to 2" in a conversion kit will be beneficial, while you may gain bottom end the top end could suffer more. I would love to have a dyno to tinker around with things like that.

Bob
    Last edited by Blastin_Bob; 11-06-2008 at 07:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, That would be wonderful! I don`t spend a lot of time in the upper power band, so that`s the method to my madness, but that said, is this something you can do without re tooling?
    I lost a lot of low end when i went to 3" on my suburban, and the mileage suffered as well.....going back to 2 1/4 ASAP!

Post Thanks / Like
    All that would need to be done is some 2" tubing be placed in the pipes before the tips. Manufactures have done this as band-aids many times, even magnaflow many years ago had a reducer that was welded in the back of the muffler if the customer complained about excessive noise.
    You could do the same with your suburban, cut the pipe after the muffler and weld in some flared up pieces of 2 1/2" or 2 1/4" tubing and put it back together, no need to change the whole thing.

Share This Thread