Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Huntersville, NC
    Posts
    50
    Post Thanks / Like

    Question Lights Pulse or Fluctuate

    I have a 2005 Magnum SXT. Every morning when I leave for work & I have my headlights on, they appear to be pulsing. My interior lights also pulse or fluctuate. My car is out of warranty so I have no intentions of taking it to the dealership. Does this happen with anyone else's LX? Is it an alternator issue or battery? Both are still original on my car & I have 51K on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.



  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Frost Bite USA
    Posts
    1,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do a search of the site, this is a fairly common problem. I am not aware of any fix for it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    I have been pulled over MANY, MANY times.
    SURPRISE, SURPRISE!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    728
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do they do it all the time or only when at idle?
    2005 Cool Vanilla Magnum RT (Mopar CAI)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Huntersville, NC
    Posts
    50
    Post Thanks / Like
    They do it all the time. Idling, driving, whenever. It does not seem to have anything to do with the radio because they keep doing it when I turn it off. It is very annoying.
    I have searched but can not find anything. maybe I am using the wrong search words.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Acworth, GA
    Posts
    1,013
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a body module flash to an updated software. Dealer fix.

    Usually does it for the first 5 or so minutes after starting, then it smooths out when you're driving. Usually.
    Mine got fixed first time at the dealer. SXTs had a TSB.

    edit: TSB 18-003-05
    http://modsfaceoff.com/2005_dodge_ma.../18-003-05.pdf

    SUBJECT:
    Flash: Headlights Fluctuation and/or Interior Lamps Fluctuation

    OVERVIEW:
    This bulletin involves selectively erasing and reprogramming the Powertrain Control
    Module (PCM) with new software.

    MODELS:
    2005 (LX) Chrysler 300/Magnum
    NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with a 2.7L or 3.5L engine (sales
    code EER or EGG) that were built between June 28, 2004 (MDH 0628XX) and
    January 8 XX, 2005 (MDH 0108XX).

    SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
    The vehicle operator may experience headlight fluctuation and/or interior lamp fluctuation.
    This condition will occur after a cold start, while the vehicle is idling, under heavy electrical
    load and a slight throttle tip-in. This condition could also be described as the headlights
    and/or interior lamps changing intensity at a steady rate. DTC P0563 - Battery Voltage
    High may also be stored in the PCM.

    DIAGNOSIS:
    Using a Scan Tool (StarSCAN) with the appropriate diagnostic procedures on
    TechCONNECT, verify all engine systems are functioning as designed. If DTCs are
    present other then the one listed above, record them on the repair order and repair as
    necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.

    If the customer describes the Symptom/Condition, perform the Repair Procedure.
    Last edited by Invader; 10-16-2008 at 12:58 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    12,188
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had that TSB done on my 2005 Magnum SXT. Problem solved.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Huntersville, NC
    Posts
    50
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Invader. Looks like I have 2 TSBs to take over to the dealer. Wonder how much this will set me back. Oh well.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    276
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have an 05' Magnum RT and i got the same problem. :/
    Is there any TSB for my car on this?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've got the same problem but I got to ask, what do the acronyms stand for? TSB, DTC?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    greasy cardboard box
    Posts
    22,059
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Methot View Post
    I've got the same problem but I got to ask, what do the acronyms stand for? TSB, DTC?
    TSB = Technical Service Bulletin
    DTC = Diagnostic Trouble Code

    Acronyms Decrypted.
    Izzy pics

    ensure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    west deptford nj
    Posts
    13,009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Invader View Post
    It's a body module flash to an updated software. Dealer fix.

    Usually does it for the first 5 or so minutes after starting, then it smooths out when you're driving. Usually.
    Mine got fixed first time at the dealer. SXTs had a TSB.

    edit: TSB 18-003-05
    http://modsfaceoff.com/2005_dodge_ma.../18-003-05.pdf

    SUBJECT:
    Flash: Headlights Fluctuation and/or Interior Lamps Fluctuation

    OVERVIEW:
    This bulletin involves selectively erasing and reprogramming the Powertrain Control
    Module (PCM) with new software.

    MODELS:
    2005 (LX) Chrysler 300/Magnum
    NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with a 2.7L or 3.5L engine (sales
    code EER or EGG) that were built between June 28, 2004 (MDH 0628XX) and
    January 8 XX, 2005 (MDH 0108XX).

    SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
    The vehicle operator may experience headlight fluctuation and/or interior lamp fluctuation.
    This condition will occur after a cold start, while the vehicle is idling, under heavy electrical
    load and a slight throttle tip-in. This condition could also be described as the headlights
    and/or interior lamps changing intensity at a steady rate. DTC P0563 - Battery Voltage
    High may also be stored in the PCM.

    DIAGNOSIS:
    Using a Scan Tool (StarSCAN) with the appropriate diagnostic procedures on
    TechCONNECT, verify all engine systems are functioning as designed. If DTCs are
    present other then the one listed above, record them on the repair order and repair as
    necessary before proceeding further with this bulletin.

    If the customer describes the Symptom/Condition, perform the Repair Procedure.
    yup, thats it...
    i have to take mine in, it's getting bad....

    THE ORIGINAL
    http://photobucket.com/albums/c15/sugar-tj/

    there are no strangers here, just friends you haven't met yet..

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Pulsing lights

    Thanks fnkychkn. None of the dealers in the lower mainland had heard of the problem or could find a service bulleten on it. I copied your reply and sent it to those same people and the TSB's materialized. It seems when it's going to cost them money to support or fix, it's hard to get answers.


    Quote Originally Posted by fnkychkn View Post
    TSB = Technical Service Bulletin
    DTC = Diagnostic Trouble Code

    Acronyms Decrypted.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ingalls, Indiana
    Posts
    741
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, it's sad to have to provide proof of service bulletin to get anything fixed... /it's the old saying "deny, deny, deny". You just gotta wonder how many people get reamed because of this???!
    Randy '06 R/t, Brill Blk with lt slate int, 6 disk cd with Elect conv grp, Conv grp II, and Prot grp; Pwr sunroof; 600w pwr inv; HW Radar Det. and phone dock; Tint Win; Tail lts Blacked out, Restraint decal, sheriff plate sticker; Danko- Chin Spoiler, 3 piece wing, Cust lit HEMI Shaker Ram air CAI system; Led- Eyebrows, back up lights, trunk overhead lights, glove box and center console lights, plate screws, back lit wheels and vents on metal fenders; 3 USB Ports; 2 Audio inputs for stereo; HID 3K with Halo Headlights.

Share This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •