Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Bob, what do you recommend?

I am looking for a sound as follows on my 06 Magnum R/T

-I want it to sound mean when I start it up and go WOT
    -I want to forget it's there when I'm cruising (or close to it anyway!)

Can you recommend anything?

Thanks!

EDIT: Also, could you explain the difference between the glass pack, resonated, and resonator delete packages? I'm somewhat uninformed about the differences in sound, etc...still learning
    Last edited by shaft9ii; 09-30-2008 at 01:31 AM. Reason: spelling
    Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."

2006 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD, Black.

Current mods: Mopar CAI (came with the car, woohoo!), Diablo Predator CAI 93 Tune, Chrysler Ipod Integration Kit, Billet Tech Catch Can, and a bottle of Throttle Body Cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shaft9ii View Post
    I am looking for a sound as follows on my 06 Magnum R/T

-I want it to sound mean when I start it up and go WOT
    -I want to forget it's there when I'm cruising (or close to it anyway!)

Can you recommend anything?

Thanks!

EDIT: ALso, culd you explain the difference between the glasspack, resonated, and resonator delete packages? I'm somewhat uninformed about the differences in sound, etc...still learning
    06 magnums came with both suitcases, are your tips rolled or thin edge?

Post Thanks / Like
    That sounds like a 6db kit to me! (which I have and love)
    www.inertiamotorsports.com
    www.shop.inertiamotorsports.com
    JarZ@inertiamotorsports.com

LXForums members please note: Use promo code "LXF" on www.shop.inertiamotorsports.com for $25 off your $500+ order.

512-964-7724
    /862-215-4668

Find us on Facebook or Twitter
    5.7L & 6.1L Hemi Registry # 856
    Past Mopars:
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T
    2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    2000 Chrysler LHS
    1999 Dodge Intrepid SE

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine are rolled

Post Thanks / Like
    You have the quieter suitcase so a 5db resonator eliminator kit with mandrel bends is as mean as your going to get and still be quiet while cruising. If you had the thin edge tips I would have recommended something different.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastin_Bob View Post
    You have the quieter suitcase so a 5db resonator eliminator kit with mandrel bends is as mean as your going to get and still be quiet while cruising. If you had the thin edge tips I would have recommended something different.

Bob

Thank you, bob

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in the same boat as shaft9ii - kinda. I want the thing to sound like a dang muscle car that it is, especially cruising around town. Do your tips and resonators require replacement of the suitcase or will they have a mean sound with it? One more - If I put MF 40's in place of the suitcase, will it have the drone problem that everybody speaks about, or is that problem with the resonators only? I'm just so confused by all these combinations!! Thanks Bob.
    Last edited by CombatMedic67; 01-11-2009 at 11:31 AM.
    "Try to exclude the possibility of suffering which the order of nature and the existence of free-wills involve, and you find that you have excluded life itself."
    "Of all bad men religious bad men are the worst."
    - C.S. Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CombatMedic67 View Post
    I'm in the same boat as shaft9ii - kinda. I want the thing to sound like a dang muscle car that it is, especially cruising around town. Do your tips and resonators require replacement of the suitcase or will they have a mean sound with it? One more - If I put MF 40's in place of the suitcase, will it have the drone problem that everybody speaks about, or is that problem with the resonators only? I'm just so confused by all these combinations!! Thanks Bob.
    If you leave "your" suitcase on you can get away with either a 5 or 6db resonator eliminator kit and not have any drone, 6db are out of stock at this time. If you are going to change the suitcase to a 40 fm then you will need a resonated kit to kill the drone.
    None of the kits require the suitcase to be replace. The 9 or 11db kits sound great for cruising around town but both will produce some drone with the suitcase you have.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Bob thanks for the timely response and great advice - superb customer service....expect my business soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry...one more question. Which (in your opinion) is the best setup for a deep muscle car sound around town while still being drivable on the highway (600+ miles) with MDS? Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry...one more question. Which (in your opinion) is the best setup for a deep muscle car sound around town while still being drivable on the highway (600+ miles) with MDS? Thanks again.
    Any one of the three 5db kits with mandrel bends, if you don't mind a little drone then a 7db kit.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    what do you recommend for 3.5 thats wants a deep growl but not too loud- and a dual conversion kit?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aimeebb View Post
    what do you recommend for 3.5 thats wants a deep growl but not too loud- and a dual conversion kit?
    The 10db kits are not too loud outside but they will resonated some inside. The next step would be a glasspack resonated kit. I don't show it in the listings but I can make the glasspack kit with 2 1/2" core glass instead of 2 1/4" core that comes standard in the kit. This will add a little more sound but still no drone. No extra cost for this change.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastin_Bob View Post
    Any one of the three 5db kits with mandrel bends, if you don't mind a little drone then a 7db kit.

Bob
    mandrel bends make a noticeable difference in sound?

Post Thanks / Like
    mandrel bends make a noticeable difference in sound?
    A little on the smaller size tubing but a good amount on the big 3" kits.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread