Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Garage Ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

Garage Ideas?

Being that Ernie has stolen my car I needed a new project. So after having a new shed installed I finally managed to completely clear out my garage. Now I can put the wife's 300C inside as well (she has been after me for months to do this). Today I am power washing and prepping the floor. Tomorrow I am going to lay down grey Epoxy paint with the color chips. I am doing one side this weekend and the other during the week.
    I am going to install 4 / 2 bulb four foot long fluorescent lights as well. Now the question is what to do with the walls? Just paint? Peg board? Cork board?
    Anyone see anything different out and about? Suggestions?

2011 Charger RT, R&T Pkg. Moon Roof, loaded.
    First Mods; 35% Tint, two tone custom painted wheels by 402 Motoring, Flowmaster aggressive catback, LMI Frankentake 4 CAI, '71 Charger script emblems painted black fenders and rear deck, blacked tails and Doge letters, fender and rocker stripes, painted spoiler

NOTPAID4 is offline "OLD GEEZERS LOVE CARS TOO!!!"
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice... good for you... but don't ask me, my garage is a mess! LOL I keep my 06 Mag SRT8 and my 89 Turbo Gran Prix with 7K miles, (this was the pace car from the movie, DAYS OF THUNDER), in the garage along with all my other junk!
    Old Geezers LOVE cars too!
    HEMI registry #864
    My Rides:
    2006 Black Magnum SRT (SHADOW)
    2005 Red Magnum R/T (LUCKY)
    2005 Blue Magnum R/T (BLUE)
    2006 Silver SuperCharged 300 SRT (643HP)

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOTPAID4MSRT8 View Post
    Nice... good for you... but don't ask me, my garage is a mess! LOL I keep my 06 Mag SRT8 and my 89 Turbo Gran Prix with 7K miles, (this was the pace car from the movie, DAYS OF THUNDER), in the garage along with all my other junk!
    LOL! Yea I hear ya! This has only been 13 years in the making. Would love to see your Gran Prix. Now that my garage will be spotless maybe you want to keep it here!

Post Thanks / Like
    I say peg board so that you can use it to store some of your tools. But, that's just me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Look into peg board paneling. Or you could hang regular peg board vertically and paint it.I had the paneling on one wall at one time,it worked well and looked good also. If you think you want to hang cabinets, I've seen a way to do it with a track system that works well. With the "home made" track system ,I think you can use any kind of cabinets.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you think the floor will be dry enough to paint tomorrow?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tink View Post
    Do you think the floor will be dry enough to paint tomorrow?
    Not sure with the high humidity today. I'm running a couple of heaters (with safty circuits) over night. I'd like to apply it by noon. If not I'll wait until Monday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pop_1 View Post
    I say peg board so that you can use it to store some of your tools. But, that's just me.
    I thought about hanging tools but afraid one may fall and then X%@#^&!
    I have a locking (I have two young sons that like to take things apart) 3 section Craftsman tool cabinet on wheels for my tools. I'm going to buy a locking full height cabinet on wheels to replace the open rack I have now. This way I can keep all my car related items in that with out worrying about stuff falling.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FJP View Post
    Being that Ernie has stolen my car I needed a new project. So after having a new shed installed I finally managed to completely clear out my garage. Now I can put the wife's 300C inside as well (she has been after me for months to do this). Today I am power washing and prepping the floor. Tomorrow I am going to lay down grey Epoxy paint with the color chips. I am doing one side this weekend and the other during the week.
    I am going to install 4 / 2 bulb four foot long fluorescent lights as well. Now the question is what to do with the walls? Just paint? Peg board? Cork board?
    Anyone see anything different out and about? Suggestions?
    Man, I am dealing with the same issue and have not been able to decide what I am going to put on the side and back walls. I thought about T-10 siding going into the sides of the garage and the same half way up the back wall and the top half in beg board. BTW, be sure the floor cracks, chips and imperfections are addressed before the epoxy becasue I didn't and it shows every ding on the floor.
    Later
    Sheldon@USWForged.com
    Check Out our Latest Wheel Designs
    Visit Our USW Forged Vendor Section
    713.680.8170 main
    2855 Mangum Road Suite B208
    Houston TX 77092

Arrington forged 392\ProCharger D1SC (11.20/124mph)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tink View Post
    Look into peg board paneling. Or you could hang regular peg board vertically and paint it.I had the paneling on one wall at one time,it worked well and looked good also. If you think you want to hang cabinets, I've seen a way to do it with a track system that works well. With the "home made" track system ,I think you can use any kind of cabinets.
    A couple of years ago I ran across jet black peg board at Home Depot. The floor epoxy is medium gray with blue, black and white chips. I think the black peg board would look great. Then I want to find some old school mopar signs and stuff to hang on the walls. Maybe even a old school coke machine! Maybe paint the ceiling in light grey as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthCharger View Post
    Man, I am dealing with the same issue and have not been able to decide what I am going to put on the side and back walls. I thought about T-10 siding going into the sides of the garage and the same half way up the back wall and the top half in beg board. BTW, be sure the floor cracks, chips and imperfections are addressed before the epoxy becasue I didn't and it shows every ding on the floor.
    Later
    Fortunately my house is only 13 years old the garage floor is still near perfect. I had a few small chips that I filled last week. Today I use commercial strength degrease, Power washed and rinsed it. Then I used floor etching stuff and power washed and rinsed again. So I hope I wind up with good results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like its coming together. Maybe when your done, I can come over and get some ideas for my little garage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pop_1 View Post
    Sounds like its coming together. Maybe when your done, I can come over and get some ideas for my little garage.
    When I'm done your more than welcome to!

Post Thanks / Like
    What ever you do on the walls, I would suggest keeping them white, or very light in color. Putting darker coloring on the walls will really make the garage darker than you want. The lighter color will reflect light and make for a brighter work area.
    '05 Magnum R/T-Inertia 407" stroker
    '70 GTX 440-6 (Needs resto)

'66 Belvedere (Project car)
    '10 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    I just happen think different then most sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flanman View Post
    What ever you do on the walls, I would suggest keeping them white, or very light in color. Putting darker coloring on the walls will really make the garage darker than you want. The lighter color will reflect light and make for a brighter work area.
    I agree but I'm not to concerned because of the amount of fluorescent lighting going in. I found this stuff called Fashion Wall at Lowes this morning. Its perforated metallic panels in a brushed stainless finish. I am going to use it to cover the first 4' up from the floor and then paint the top of the walls and ceiling in a light blue to match the chips in the floor paint. Should look pretty good when its done.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Share This Thread