Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warning!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Warning!!!!!!

mandrel bends equal more sound!! I figured it would be a little but not a bunch.
    I have not done any sound measuring on the new mandrel kits but I got some feedback today from Nick @ Dodge of Antioch who did a side by side comparison of the original 11db 3" press bent kit next to a new mandrel 3'' 11db kit, both on Charger R/T's. The husband/customer did an 11db original on his Charger last week and brought the wifes in today to have one put on her car. Well, I gave him a mandrel kit to try out and that's the one she got........Nick tells me hubby wasn't happy because hers sounded better!
    From his description it was noticeably louder side by side and put out a deeper tinny crisp sound, now I just need a sound clip.

Post Thanks / Like
    You take trade-ins? j/k still love the 6db kit
    www.inertiamotorsports.com
    www.shop.inertiamotorsports.com
    JarZ@inertiamotorsports.com

512-964-7724/862-215-4668
    Find us on Facebook or Twitter
    5.7L & 6.1L Hemi Registry # 856
    Past Mopars:
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T
    2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    2000 Chrysler LHS
    1999 Dodge Intrepid SE

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JarZ View Post
    No, but they seem to have good resale value compared to the high end stuff. Man, it's almost 11:30 where you are.....go get some sleep!

Post Thanks / Like
    Must... get... BB.....

lol, if it was my car, I would have the 7db kit by now.

HammerStyleIntakeBilletTechBlastinBobTommyZDesign

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastin_Bob View Post
    No, but they seem to have good resale value compared to the high end stuff. Man, it's almost 11:30 where you are.....go get some sleep!
    lol
    tell me about it.

Well maybe I'll get one of those bendy ones down the road. So far I'm very impressed with the kit I have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadfootluke View Post
    Must... get... BB.....

lol, if it was my car, I would have the 7db kit by now.

Yep - tell him to pull the trigger already... get a bendy one and be ahead of the curve

Post Thanks / Like
    How do the 6db sound when you are on the hwy? Do you get alot of noise(the good kind) or are they quiet? I don't know if I should get the 5, 6, or 7db. Most of the time I am in the car by myself, but the family takes the Magnum when we go out of town.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eagleswhite44 View Post
    How do the 6db sound when you are on the hwy? Do you get alot of noise(the good kind) or are they quiet? I don't know if I should get the 5, 6, or 7db. Most of the time I am in the car by myself, but the family takes the Magnum when we go out of town.
    My wife and son ride in the back all the time and don't complain. There is a "tone", I would call it, but it's not annoying, nor is it loud. Around town and when you stomp on it a little, they sound very nice, but if you don't want to get noticed, you won't get noticed, if you know what I mean. I feel it's a great mix and it fits me and my needs well. A little rumble and growl when you want, but near stock quiet when cruising or just chugging along slowly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Antioch Dodge in Cali?
    Thats where I bought my wifes Jeep
    2006 Charger R/T R&T Black..SRT8 stuff/JBA stuff
    2005 Magnum R/T inferno red-now in magnum heaven
    1966 Galaxie fastback-C6 w/460BB..sold, but not forgotten

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife and son ride in the back all the time and don't complain. There is a "tone", I would call it, but it's not annoying, nor is it loud. Around town and when you stomp on it a little, they sound very nice, but if you don't want to get noticed, you won't get noticed, if you know what I mean. I feel it's a great mix and it fits me and my needs well. A little rumble and growl when you want, but near stock quiet when cruising or just chugging along slowly.

I appreciate the information, that helped me make up my mind. I will be placing my order next week for the 6db.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RTracer View Post
    Antioch Dodge in Cali?
    Thats where I bought my wifes Jeep
    Antioch, IL.

Post Thanks / Like
    I appreciate the information, that helped me make up my mind. I will be placing my order next week for the 6db.
    You see that, Bob. That'll be 1% commision. j/k

Post Thanks / Like
    Just want to make sure you have a Charger or Magnum with the thin edge tips and not a 300c or Magnum with the rolled tips? The latter will be quieter then JarZ described.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    my lady and son love the sound of the kit i got from Blastin Bob (Resonated Dual Conversion for the v6) i love it too, i just want to open it up a lil more for more of that burbly sound u get when letting off the gas, it just has a nice deep hum to it right now..

Thank You Haz

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastin_Bob View Post
    Just want to make sure you have a Charger or Magnum with the thin edge tips and not a 300c or Magnum with the rolled tips? The latter will be quieter then JarZ described.

Bob
    I will give you a call mid next week to make sure I get it right and place my order. Do you have any forum special going on right now?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread