Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Knocking sound from the front end.

So I am driving last night and I am going over some bumps and pot holes. I then get to a road where it is flat. Now I am hearing a knocking sound comming from the front end espically when under 30 and braking. I do hear it when not on the brakes too. Does any one know what this could be??

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like you might have a loose end link. I had this issue myself. Dealership didn't find it, but when some of the guys got on here told me to go through all all the bolts on the suspension, I found I had an end link that wasn't fully tight. Cranking that sucker down got rid of all the noise.

SoCalLX - " Where Southern California Car Culture Meets Modern Mopar Muscle"

Post Thanks / Like
    It could be a lot of thing, however. First thing to look at might be the sway bar bushings. Hope its them, cause they're cheap and easy to replace.
    FRI Sidewinder cam, Dynatec Headers , BorlaCatback , 93 octane dyno tune, 333rwhp/350 ft lbs, Police Pack Oil Cooler, SRT 8 Struts and Nivo's ,Hotchkis sway bars,B Woody end links, 295,000 miles, 275/40/20 Ventus ST's , 1/8th mile 7.707 sec /90.19 mph -- 05 QC4X4 Ram 205,000 mi . Never Trust a Fart

Post Thanks / Like
    If the sound came up immediately after some bumps it would sound as though some thing moved from the impacts. The endlink and sway bar d-bushes are good suggestions. Have you had any work done on your car recently?
    Cheers,
    Pete Basica
    www.PeddersUSA.com
    PGB@PeddersUSA.com
    O 248.522.8021

Post Thanks / Like
    The sound happened right after I went over all those bumps and potholes. I have just had my oil changed thats it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Any one else know what this might be?

Post Thanks / Like
    If you can't find the problem you can bring the car in to me to look at for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are soooo many possibilities from the endlink to... If you see nothing obvious take it into Rob's shop and you and he will check it together.

Post Thanks / Like
    Check your outer tie rods. I had a knock over bumps that was from a loose tie rod joint. Sway bar links and bushings may cause knocking over bumps too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried going through and tightening down the bolts and stuff? Best to give everything a twist, it may take a while, but I'm sure something came loose. Can't pinpoint the problem with "there's a noise from the front end." Best to get in there and start cranking stuff. I'm sure you'll find it. Most likely it doesn't have anything to do with the brakes themselves.

Have you also tried to retorque your Lug nuts? Maybe a wheel is slightly loose. After going over bumpy roads, anything could had shook itself loose. Lift the car up and start tighening stuff down. Or take it somewhere and have them tighten everything down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive heard problems about pins in the calipers. Pass. side specifically. Could be an issue..

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm having the same knock/sqeak. Hard to tell where its at, but it sounds like its behind my passenger brakes. Maybe mines the caliper pins.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody mentioned torsion struts yet. You might have those checked

PPP stage 3 big valve heads, Howards cam 219/227 .600/.575 112 +4, MMPG stage 1+ ported 6.1 intake & 85mm throttle body, LMI 4" true CAI, MSD "Blaster" coils, JBA headers & mids, Corsa exhaust, Paramount series 55 transmission, "Dominator" torque converter & stage 2 valve body, BC Racing coilovers, Eibach sways, BWoody links, Razorsedge brace, 226mm Getrag 3.91 LSD, Wilwood "plus 2" big brake kit by TCE, tuning by Robert Dito of Ditos motors

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HBADGE View Post
    Ive heard problems about pins in the calipers. Pass. side specifically. Could be an issue..
    Same problem changed pins and installed new R1 rotors and pads and knock still there. Also inner tire rod outter tire rod, sway bar bushing etc were changed.. The noise is driving me crazy. when holding the brakes on the bumps sound will go away when I release the brakes knocking sound comes back. After dealership fixed the inner and outter tire rod and pin the sound is better but still there i would say 85 percent of the problem was fixed. Any help guys or should i just leave it alone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemi_06 View Post
    Same problem changed pins and installed new R1 rotors and pads and knock still there. Also inner tire rod outter tire rod, sway bar bushing etc were changed.. The noise is driving me crazy. when holding the brakes on the bumps sound will go away when I release the brakes knocking sound comes back. After dealership fixed the inner and outter tire rod and pin the sound is better but still there i would say 85 percent of the problem was fixed. Any help guys or should i just leave it alone?
    If you have access to a lift, get the car up in the air and remove the plastic cover to expose the tension / radius arm. Shine a shop light on each side of the two tension / radius arm bushes while the front wheels are turned lock to lock. You are looking for tears in the rubber bush material.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread