Post Thanks / Like

What's the BEST Diablo tune?

I was wondering what the consensus would be on which version of the 93cai tune diablo offers that is the best? Please don't say CMR....that's obvious. But alot of us guys can't afford or don't have enough mods to justify a cmr.

For instance,

I was running r17 for along time, loved it...felt strong, chirpped every time in second.....then went to r18...close to r17 for me but not better...so I tried r20....this felt the strongest as far as torque and the shifts were very firm.

I was reading a recent thread where guy's were really loving the r18 tune....so I went back and tried it w/no satisfaction...my car seemed like a dog. So then I went back to r17 and I'm pretty happy...I'm chirrpin' in second again....but I feel r20 may pull harder.

When Diablo Mike chimes in, it is mentioned that fuel tables and such are basically the same from tune to tune. I definately feel the difference in power with different tunes.

Am I crazy?....which tune do you like? and why?

I reset adaptives, and load the other parameters the same on each tune. Between the r20,r18 and r17 it was on the same tank of fuel.

Thanks!
    To find happiness............make others happy!!

2006 300C SRT8
    B & G 2, AFE 2 cai
    .25 fan mod
    Diablo, 180 stat, bt catch
    2005 Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    I liked my original r18 the best ... I changed to r19 because I heard it had richer CAI tunes and I didn't won't to possibly do any engine damage by running it lean, so I upgraded and have been less happy ever since.

I'm hearing that the latest versions of the tuner are coming pre-loaded with 9r05 ... I wonder when they'll release that for us to download and what changes are there from '04 ...

Billet Tech custom billet products Online Store

Many pictures of our products can be viewed here

Post Thanks / Like
    wow,.....jee wizzzz....everyone on the planet has a diablo and I can't get no love?..............come on now!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    geesh!! It's only been a day since you first posted this!! LOL! Patience man... patience....

I really can't say....I've got a custom tune on there....
    Hemi Registry 0436 PWR Forged 6.1 block -Novi1500 -Modern Muscle ported intake manifold - Indy Heads - PWR cam - TTI Longtubes - Paramount TC/Transmission- BFNY 3.06 Getrag-325/45/17M&H Installed by: Afterhours Mopar Performance

Post Thanks / Like
    Bump
    Diablo, CAI, B/T Underhood bling, Knurled catch can, modified can bracket, metal PCV, SS Braided hoses, custom oil cap, R.E.M tower brace, Custom strut tower covers, Blue flame Engine bay, Grillecraft, smoked side markers, LP and side markers, tinted tails, 22elite leather shift bezel, billet head rest spacers, Jina’s SRT8 rear arm rest, upgraded kicker amp, Mopar Ipod kit, D/S rotors, B.T shields. MHP Ported T.B, Zoomers, BT water neck, Smoked pedals, Billet door sills, 275's, 6k HIDs, Marks powder coated ABS cover, FOCUS TECH FOG RINGS.

Share This Thread