Post Thanks / Like

Hey Bob! SRT-8 Reso`s on 3.5?

Hey Bob,
    I have the 18" Magnaflow muffler, with the stock reso deleted, but I was pondering on what to put on for the resonator, that would not be as restrictive as the stock 3.5 reso.
    Seeing as I am saving for one of your dual resonated kits, I was wondering what it would take to make a kit with 2 SRT resos, as opposed to the Magnaflow dual kit that I was thinking about. Would the SRT resos be a little quieter that the Magnaflows( I know they are both straight through designs)? And what would be the cost difference?
    Jim
    Last edited by Jimsmag06; 07-09-2008 at 07:35 PM.
    Jim
    07 MagSXT
    JBA Headers, 09 RT wheels, Stock muffler and reso replaced with Magnaflows.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimsmag06 View Post
    Hey Bob,
    I have the 18" Magnaflow muffler, with the stock reso deleted, but I was pondering on what to put on for the resonator, that would not be as restrictive as the stock 3.5 reso.
    Seeing as I am saving for one of your dual resonated kits, I was wondering what it would take to make a kit with 2 SRT resos, as opposed to the Magnaflow dual kit that I was thinking about. Would the SRT resos be a little quieter that the Magnaflows( I know they are both straight through designs)? And what would be the cost difference?
    Jim
    The Srt8 resonator is a little quieter then the magnaflow, I have installed them on SRT-8's in place of the stock, about 2db difference. The magnaflow resonator, while it looks it, is not straight thru. It has a little "S" bend in it. The SRT8 resonators only fit "right" on a SRT8, the tips are much longer then those on a 5.7L and will stick out too much IMO. I like the glasspacks, they're a spiral louver core and are a little louder then the Magnaflows.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    is it possible to knock the tips off of the SRT resos, and put some on that fit, or is the unit itself longer? I am trying to go with the most open, but quietest possible.....family car, ya know?
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Because of all the modifying you would need to do to make the SRT8 resonators work, I would not suggest going that route.
    The glasspack kit is family friendly but the Magnaflow kit is a little quieter.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    That solves it! The Magnaflow kit it is!

Share This Thread