Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DonH is offline Enough and no waste is good as a feast.
    Post Thanks / Like

Passenger Grab Bar Install

We all know our cars don't come with some of the nicety's that should be standard equipment. Such things as glove box light, passenger assist handles, and the list goes on.

At our last cruise-in a new member to our crew, (sssrt8) Austin, mentioned that his shop does custom automotive work and we could work something out. Good to his word, we spoke Monday, he ordered up the same grab bar that resides over the rear doors, and below is the result.
    If anyone is looking for some custom work, I highly recommend contacting him.

Oh ya, it works, looks good, and the light works just like the rear doors.

I had already bought the glove box light, but not installed it, so Austin says, "We'll put it in, since you're here".

Don

The "UN"club
    We have two rules, Love Cars and Have Fun!
    AirHammer, Zoomers, Predator, 20% Front Tint, GTS Vent Visors, In-Motion Nav Hack, Glove Box Light, Interior Aluminum Door Trim, Billet Catch-Can, Front Passenger Grab Bar .....

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good, but I assume this wouldn't work if you have side air bags. (I also assume that's why we don't have the grab handles to begin with).

Best of Show 300/300C Daily Driver at 2009 LX Nationals
    Club: Triangle Mopars (North Carolina)
    Mods: Custom chrome deep dish grille, roof wing, Pedders Touring Plus Kit, LMI FT IV CAI, Predator, police sway bar, custom engine shroud, 4" exhaust tips, Killer Glass, BT caps, under hood fender covers, BT stereo knobs, black dash kit, iPod integration, Daytona muffler, stealth bulbs, gloss black B/C pillar covers, vintage emblems, chrome washer covers, aluminum pedals
    Future Mods: Sidewinder Cam, Hi Flo Cats

Post Thanks / Like
    ^ I believe you're correct.

I DRINK ROYAL PURPLE! WHAT NOW?!

> 2006 Silver SRT-8 magnum, adopted 9/9/06 with 36 miles, groups I, II, &III.
    * tinted LED Tails * Mopar Remote Start * Stainless Airhammer * Coated Kooks Longtubes * PPP Heads, Cam, and Converter * Alpine R10 Subs/AoN Enclosures * 20" Black AR 311's w/ Nitto 420's * Corsa cat-back * Front Window Tint * Ratman Hatch Button Mod * Hotchkis Sways * BT Underhood Bling * Polished Intake Manifold * Autodim Drivers Mirror *

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, correct, no side airbags on mine. But for all those with disabilities who need this, its a great solution.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Wife would love to see me install this feature. She loves the Magnum and the performance mods but when I step into it I know she would like another place to grab on to. LOL

I was wondering if there was a way to put one on the passenger side pillar ??? A standard handle without a light should be easy to do on the pillar shouldn't it ?

Post Thanks / Like
    how do you know if you have side airbags? Warning labels?
    wattpuppy
    2005 Inferno Red Magnum RT

Post Thanks / Like
    the "oh shyt handle" is a nice mod indeed..

Thank You Haz

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wattpuppy View Post
    how do you know if you have side airbags? Warning labels?
    There should be a label or writing on or above the seatbelt mounting point on the "B" pillar. I also have the original window sticker listing options.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you know what he did behind the headliner? I'm guessing he added some nuts to screw into.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you got something to work Don....I had been looking into it for you but the airbags were a hard thing for me to get around.

Nathan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wattpuppy View Post
    Do you know what he did behind the headliner? I'm guessing he added some nuts to screw into.
    AFAIK,
    There is a factory bracket behind the headliner, unfortunately it isnt the perfect size for the grab bar. One side is screwed directly into the bracket, and then they made a little custom extension to the other side and screwed it on using factory spring clips.

Post Thanks / Like
    I never knew anyone actually even used those grab handles. I always thought they were useless...but apparently not for everybody.
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T - SC Flashpaq, Volant exhaust, 22x9 Challenger SRT8 wheels, 265/35/22, 14.1@98MPH
    2000 Jeep Wrangler
    1966 Dodge Monaco 500

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3250470

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 89grand View Post
    I never knew anyone actually even used those grab handles. I always thought they were useless...but apparently not for everybody.
    Not that you would know, but my wife is an right leg amputee and needs a bit of assist to get seated comfortably. Matter of fact, the first thing she noticed was Dodge's lack of front seat handles and I've been hearing about it every time she gets in the car.

Problem solved.

Post Thanks / Like
    Now that is really nice, and with the noise you no longer hear I'll bet you enjoy the car more. hehehehehehehheeeeee

07 Super Bee 0991 * SRT8 pedals custom install by F1fan - Rick and Jina SUPERBEE's - Gloss Black Decals and Custom Paint by Maple Plain Auto Body, Leanord - Seq. Turn Signals, Flashing 3rd brake light - Billett Technology Caps - BMC Performance - DMH Cutous - NoEsp&Fan - Hotchkis Sway Bars - Saint Paul Automotive, Scott - Crazy Luck rear deck BEE - Freebird BEE on custom plates

Post Thanks / Like
    I know that people riding with me wish they had one. Luckily the R&T seats hold you pretty well. I let my nephew drive the other day and that's when I realized there wasn't a handle there.

Frank's SPARROW cam, Indy Maxx heads, LMI Fender Pull Intake, Edge High Stall Converter, Full SRT exhaust, 399 rwhp, 407 ft.*lbs.

5.7 N/A 11 second club Best times to date:
    1/8 mile E.T. 7.369 @ 95.90 mph.
    1/4 mile E.T. 11.60 @ 115.97 mph.
    1.60 60 ft. best

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread