Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

My GPDW250's are installed.

I had my GPDW250's installed this morning. Fully welded on no clamps.

The fit was perfect. The finish is amazing. It seemed pretty easy for the exhaust shop to install them but they still charged me $80 for like 45 mins of work. They did take the time to make sure everything was aligned prefect though so I can appreciate that.

The sound at startup and idle is much deeper than stock. I love it. Also, cruising around town at partial throttle is great as well. Deeper and louder. The only dissappointment was WOT. It sounds no different than stock at WOT. I have the 340hp suitcase and that's probably the difference. If I had the 350hp suitcase I think it would be better at WOT.

I took it up on the highway and ran it steady for MDS to kick on. I still can't tell if MDS is on or not so that tells you that there was no drone at all.

This mod is definately wife approved.

Now I'm probably going to be on the lookout for a 350hp suitcase that almost everyone throws away when they get a cat-back system.

Post Thanks / Like
    Talk to Bob and get the Magnaflow Mufflers will sound much better
    AZ Modern Mopar Muscle
    Back in a Mopar!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by handlnat View Post
    Talk to Bob and get the Magnaflow Mufflers will sound much better
    The problem is MDS drone. Otherwise I would go with Magnaflows or Flowmasters to replace the suitcase.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMagnum View Post
    The problem is MDS drone. Otherwise I would go with Magnaflows or Flowmasters to replace the suitcase.
    I would be really interested to see if you got that much cause the Magnaflow i have on my V6 really doesnt have too much drone at all. I know i dont have MDS but i dont think it would be too bad, i have the blastin bobs 10db kit and then the 18 inch case magnaflow in place of the suitcase

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by handlnat View Post
    I would be really interested to see if you got that much cause the Magnaflow i have on my V6 really doesnt have too much drone at all. I know i dont have MDS but i dont think it would be too bad, i have the blastin bobs 10db kit and then the 18 inch case magnaflow in place of the suitcase
    Many exhaust systems have drone but when you throw going from 8 cylinders to 4 into the mix things get more complicated. The 5.7L can sound just fine in 8 cylinder mode but go to 4 and it drones like crazy unless the exhaust system is designed to handle the change.

Post Thanks / Like
    Many exhaust systems have drone but when you throw going from 8 cylinders to 4 into the mix things get more complicated. The 5.7L can sound just fine in 8 cylinder mode but go to 4 and it drones like crazy unless the exhaust system is designed to handle the change.
    Oh ok, well i guess that is something i didnt really consider, good luck finding a way to get that bit more rumble you are looking for!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it this one:

Blastin Bob's Daytona & R/T 350hp 6 db Resonated kit w/DW tips

Get rid of those sound deadening resonators using straight thru all aluminized 2.50" core glasspack mufflers & stainless tips This kit adds approx. 6 db over stock
    Item #: GPDW250

This is the exact one I'm thinking of getting and the "no drone" is definitely a huge part of the equation. Any chance of a sound clip? I've love to also see a pic of them installed as I believe the tips look cool as hell and a vast improvement over stock.
    Last edited by JarZ; 05-27-2008 at 07:14 PM.
    fwww.inertiamotorsports.com
    www.shop.inertiamotorsports.com
    JarZ@inertiamotorsports.com

512-964-7724
    /510-277-4214

Find us on Facebook or Twitter
    5.7L & 6.1L Hemi Registry # 856
    Current Mopar:
    2001 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7L 4x4
    Past Mopars:
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T
    2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8
    2000 Chrysler LHS
    1999 Dodge Intrepid SE

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JarZ View Post
    Is it this one:

Blastin Bob's Daytona & R/T 350hp 6 db Resonated kit w/DW tips

Get rid of those sound deadening resonators using straight thru all aluminized 2.50" core glasspack mufflers & stainless tips This kit adds approx. 6 db over stock
    Item #: GPDW250

This is the exact one I'm thinking of getting and the "no drone" is definitely a huge part of the equation. Any chance of a sound clip? I've love to also see a pic of them installed as I believe the tips look cool as hell and a vast improvement over stock.
    Yes, that's it. I do like the tips a lot. The stock tips are junk. The sound is nice and is a good improvement. My only complaint is WOT sound but that's the fault of my 340hp suitcase. I'll get some sound/video clips posted soon.
    Last edited by ZMagnum; 05-27-2008 at 07:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    yes, that's it.
    Great minds think alike then

Do post up a pic or sound clip if at all possible. I'm trying to sell it to the wife.

Post Thanks / Like

Now I'm probably going to be on the lookout for a 350hp suitcase that almost everyone throws away when they get a cat-back system.
    I may have one.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the 6db Daytona kit with my 340 hp Magnum & love the wot sound, perfect compliment to the AFE stage 2 cai. No drone, can't hear mds kick in, nice rumble on mild acceleration and slightly louder than stock @ idle. Looks great too, I'm very happy Bob reccomended this set for me. I got tagged $80 for the install too.
    Race Cars Not Dogs
    Current Mopars:
    2007 TorRed awd Magnum R/T
    2003 PT Cruiser GT
    Past Mopars:
    2001 Dakota Sport+ quad cab 4x4
    2002 PT Cruiser 5 speed
    1973 Barracuda
    1964 Dart wagon

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JarZ View Post
    Great minds think alike then

Do post up a pic or sound clip if at all possible. I'm trying to sell it to the wife.
    I will try to get one up soon. I don't think your wife would mind this exhaust at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastin_Bob View Post
    I may have one.

Bob
    Thanks Bob. I will try to find one locally (Phoenix/Tucson) first and then go from there. For now though I'm fine. How hard would it be to swap the suitcase for another one?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jon View Post
    I have the 6db Daytona kit with my 340 hp Magnum & love the wot sound, perfect compliment to the AFE stage 2 cai. No drone, can't hear mds kick in, nice rumble on mild acceleration and slightly louder than stock @ idle. Looks great too, I'm very happy Bob reccomended this set for me. I got tagged $80 for the install too.
    I agree with you on everything except WOT on mine sounds the same as before. I don't have a CAI so maybe that makes a difference? Also, I have a Predator 91 octane tune installed which also changed the sound at WOT for me. It got louder after the Predator.

Post Thanks / Like
    The swap would depend on how it was taken off. It would be 3 welds minimum and 4 if the flange was removed. Probably a little more then twice as difficult as installing a kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Two questions:
    - About how much heavier is the suitcase than a pair of aftermarket mufflers?

- Would a pair of mufflers welded together side by side work about the same as the stock suitcase for stifling the MDS effect? Or 3/ is that too stupid to even contemplate? HAHAHA!
    Last: 2009 BB 300C SRT8 - Diablosport Predator, LMI Hammer-design intake, lower rad-shroud mod, 180* t-stat, Mopar hitch - SOLD June 2012
    First: 2005 BB Magnum RT - FRI Sidewinder, Mopar CAI, lower rad-shroud mod, 180* t-stat, SRT8 valve-springs and pushrods/timing chain & tensioner/suspension, Diablosport Predator w/ CMR tune by Techmotion on live chassis dyno, sold May 2011 at 200,000 km and new owner still loves it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastin_Bob View Post
    The swap would depend on how it was taken off. It would be 3 welds minimum and 4 if the flange was removed. Probably a little more then twice as difficult as installing a kit.
    OK, thanks Bob. Hopefully they would just charge me another $80 and not $160.

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckDWfan View Post
    Two questions:
    - About how much heavier is the suitcase than a pair of aftermarket mufflers?

- Would a pair of mufflers welded together side by side work about the same as the stock suitcase for stifling the MDS effect? Or 3/ is that too stupid to even contemplate? HAHAHA!
    I'm not sure how heavy they are. Aftermarket are probably lighter though. The suitcase has a certain design. Bob has some pics of one he cut apart. I don't think you can just make one by welding a pair of mufflers side by side.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Share This Thread