Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Check out this Mopar Install Video!

Just wanted to share this Mopar CAI install with the SRT8 boys.

webridestvcom

Stock 328HP-330tq
    Dynoed at DCHMOTORSPORTS.COM

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't share what you can't see ?
    With a little more info maybe I can help!

2012 Grand Cherokee Overland
    2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4x4
    2011 Shelby GT500 (Kona Blue)

Post Thanks / Like
    Not much to that video.
    1970 Dodge Challenger 440-4bbl-4sp
    2013 Charger SRT-8
    2014 Ram
    Ordered: 2015 Challenger Hellcat

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I found the video the OG poster was talking about...

pretty sweet video actually, I mean its pretty general when it comes to specific installation but informative nonetheless.

check it out...

SRT8 Cold Air Intake Install

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not so sure I buy those numbers. They said 30 ft/lbs of torque from adding just a CAI. Sounds like a load of BS if ask me.
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticePete
    Even bad pub is good for business.
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticePete
    In my years of business I have found that there are three truths: the customer's truth, the busness owner's truth and the truth that lies some where in the middle. No additional commentary is required nor would it would serve no purpose.
    My Pedders Experience

SRT MAX 112 LSA | Inertia Bg Valve heads | SLP Longtubes | Gutted Cats | SLP LM1 | AFE Stage II | 90mm TB | 25% Underdrive pulley | Mopar TCM | Pro Torque 2800 | Getrag LSD | Inertia CMR tuned | Pedder Track II | 402 rwhp 406 rwtq12.3 @ 112

Post Thanks / Like
    also they didn't mention about pulling fuse 11. I agree with Metgo, the gains seem way too high.

Post Thanks / Like
    What are the realistic gains that you have achieved? All the talk of fuse 11, am I to understand that is is like a memory and by pulling it you wipe it clean, so that it learns your driving habits, again. How long does it take to learn your habits?
    Over the Pacific ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SRT8whemi View Post
    What are the realistic gains that you have achieved? All the talk of fuse 11, am I to understand that is is like a memory and by pulling it you wipe it clean, so that it learns your driving habits, again. How long does it take to learn your habits?
    its different for every car, but commonly manufacturers use equal intervals of miles. for example, my buddies VW "re learns" his driving habits in encrements of 10, 50, 100, 150, 300, 600, and 1200 miles respectively.

Post Thanks / Like
    here's a link to the second part where they combine the CAI with a free flow exhaust and some mild ECU tuning.. the dyno don't lie. that CAI was the best mod they did.

Part 2

Post Thanks / Like
    that's interesting about the learning habits, how about HP gains with an aftermarket CAI?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SRT8whemi View Post
    I think at most you should expect from a CAI is about 10 hp and 10 tq and those numbers would be a bit on the high side if you ask me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by metgo View Post
    I think at most you should expect from a CAI is about 10 hp and 10 tq and those numbers would be a bit on the high side if you ask me.

I think it also depends on how constricted/conservative the engine is to start with from the factory. Obviously if the engine is purposely mellowed out to meet some kind of emission or other standard (as is often the case in CA) then a free flowing CAI may have more of an effect than vehicles sold elsewhere in the states with less restrictions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah!

I can't wait to see what my numbers come in at.

Here was my stock baseline(all number are to the wheels):

Baseline:
    Torque: 370.1
    CHp: 374.8
    CTorque: 360.1

After Catback (Corsa):
    Torque: 378.0
    CHp: 382.6
    CTorque: 370.5

So, using the numbers that they showed in the video for the CAI intake, the new Dyno should look like this:

Torque: 378.0 <--- Not sure what this number would jump to
    CHp: 422.6
    CTorque: 400.5

That is INSANE!!!!

Woo Hoo!!

I have a factory FREAK!!

One thing that is odd is my CAI has a rubber elbow at the TB and the one in the video is metal all the way around the bend to the TB. Do I have a new version or, is that the newer version? What are the differences?
    Last edited by DaddyGoFast; 06-06-2008 at 07:34 PM.
    Silver SRT8 Magnum - Ralph Gilles signature Edition
    SRT Options I, II, III, Sunroof, Side Airbags, Auto Headlight Mod, Leather Console Mod, Daytona Shifter Mod, Stealth Auto SRT8 Pedals, Hood light, Hotchkis Sways, DC Strut Brace, Corsa Cat Back, Mopar CAI, Glove box light, Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Stealth Paddle Shifters.

Mods on the list to be done:
    1) Secret Squirrel Mods

NorCal Chapter

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont know why,but Mopar makes two different CAI's.one for the 5.7,and one for the 6.1(i dont think anyone else is making two),the 6.1 has the rubber elbow.the 5.7 is a one piece tube

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, in this install video though, they are installing one on a SRT8. I wonder if they have changed the design for the SRT8 to match the 5.7.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread