Post Thanks / Like

GP300X4 Installed with long Vid

Thanks Bob! This thing sounds awesome looks slick too

Shipped when you said, arrived when Fed-Ex said, packaged very well, installed easily enough.

I ended up with the right (passenger) pipe a bit out of center, maybe 3/4", but I figure that's the factories fault, the pipe was off center as stock too.. any hints on straightening it up, breaker bar and a few pulls???

Here's a vid my kid made of the installation and the results.. very cool!!

Last edited by CRS MSL; 05-18-2008 at 12:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Simply click the youtube button and insert JUST the code here.

The code is ZLHFPtep6fk&hl which is in the link to your video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLHFPtep6fk&hl Its the code after the v=

and deleted my other post

By the way, sounds great. Your kids seemed to enjoy it.

Last edited by Leadfootluke; 05-18-2008 at 01:00 AM.
    HammerStyleIntakeBilletTechBlastinBobTommyZDesign

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadfootluke View Post
    Simply click the youtube button and insert JUST the code here.

The code is ZLHFPtep6fk&hl which is in the link to your video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLHFPtep6fk&hl Its the code after the v=

and deleted my other post

By the way, sounds great. Your kids seemed to enjoy it.

Thanks a ton man, appreciated.

Yah, he helped me a bunch so he got a ride after we were done. He loves telling his Grandpa (Vette owner) that dads station wagon will whup his 'sports car' every day of the week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome vid, Eric! Gabe is obviously very handy!!!

^^^^The Money Pit^^^^

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG` View Post
    Awesome vid, Eric! Gabe is obviously very handy!!!
    Thanks Michael.. I wish I had more footage of him giggling thru the parking lot burnouts.. almost like someone was tickling him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CRS MSL View Post

I ended up with the right (passenger) pipe a bit out of center, maybe 3/4", but I figure that's the factories fault, the pipe was off center as stock too.. any hints on straightening it up, breaker bar and a few pulls???
    The big pipe is difficult to bend cold but possible. If the rubbers look like they are straight up and down and you are happy with the matching tip distance then un-bolt the passenger side hanger to allow it to drop below the cut-out when you go to pull on it. You won't need a bar cause your trying to bend it behind the suitcase and not close the the resonator, the 5-6 feet of tube and glasspack will give you plenty of leverage. Go slow until your satisfied it stays relaxed in the middle. You will have to pull it over 3"-4" more then where you want it to stay.

Blastin'

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the same kit installed on my charger. Do you get a little drone/boomy between 1500 to 1800? It's driving my wife crazy LOL! Hey Bob, is there any way to minimize it? I have longtubes and highflow cats.
    2012 Dodge Charger

PB 1/8 run: 7.92 @ 86.92 * 1.76 60' on street tires with DA at 1786 - All Stock

Current mods:

Custom tune by Lxmodguy, Stage II VB, Corsa Extreme Exhaust and LMI true CAI

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rander View Post
    I have the same kit installed on my charger. Do you get a little drone/boomy between 1500 to 1800? It's driving my wife crazy LOL! Hey Bob, is there any way to minimize it? I have longtubes and highflow cats.
    Yah, there's a spot on the way up and down that harmonizes. Had the same thing on my old F-85 that was GP'd.

The way to minimize it??? Keep it at 6400 all day

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastin_Bob View Post
    The big pipe is difficult to bend cold but possible. If the rubbers look like they are straight up and down and you are happy with the matching tip distance then un-bolt the passenger side hanger to allow it to drop below the cut-out when you go to pull on it. You won't need a bar cause your trying to bend it behind the suitcase and not close the the resonator, the 5-6 feet of tube and glasspack will give you plenty of leverage. Go slow until your satisfied it stays relaxed in the middle. You will have to pull it over 3"-4" more then where you want it to stay.

Blastin'
    I'll give it a shot.. the tips are at the same distance back so this is all I've got, think if I put a little heat to the side oft he pipe it would pull? It is stainless.. it should.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you can avoid heating it up that would be better. If you do have to heat it up do so just behind the weld on the suitcase.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rander View Post
    Back to stock or she may like this!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Back to stock or she may like this!
    Hahahahahah... the subtle ones are always the best!

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol!

Post Thanks / Like
    If you can avoid heating it up that would be better. If you do have to heat it up do so just behind the weld on the suitcase.
    I was able to pull it closer to center, I moved the drivers in a bit to make them match. Thanks!

Share This Thread