Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How to turn off the seat-belt reminder chime

From the service manual:

Enhanced Seatbelt Reminder Programming

The seatbelt indicator also includes a programmable enhanced seatbelt reminder or “beltminder” feature that is enabled when the vehicle is shipped from the factory. This beltminder feature provides extended and modified visual seatbelt indicator and audible chime warning responses to an unbuckled driver side front seat belt. The beltminder
    feature may be disabled or enabled by the customer using the programming sequence that follows, or by the dealer using a diagnostic scan tool. The following sequence of events must occur within sixty (60) seconds of the ignition switch being placed in the On position in order for the programming to be completed successfully.

1. With the ignition switch in any position except On or Start, buckle the driver side front seat belt.

2. Turn the ignition switch to the On position and wait for the seatbelt indicator reminder function to conclude (about six seconds).

3. Unbuckle and buckle the driver side front seat belt three or more times, ending with the belt buckled.

4. Turn the ignition switch to any position except On or Start to toggle the beltminder feature from its current setting (from active to inactive, or from inactive to active). A single chime tone will provide an audible confirmation that the programming sequence has been successfully completed.

(Thanks to shane for the original post. Note that the red seat-belt reminder icon will continue to appear in the instrument cluster even if the chime is disabled.)
    Anthony
    Admin and Resident Website Fixer-upper

Follow Me on Twitter! | Knowledge Base | Search | LXOM Winners
    Thanks fnkychkn thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanx

Thanx Tony. I'm a die hard Red Sox fan so thanking a Met is new to me, but judging from this site I will probably do it very often. At least your not a Yankee fan

Post Thanks / Like
    Or you could do the smart thing and actually wear your seatbelt.

I have to because of my allergies. My face is very allergic to windshield glass. If it hits the windshield at a high rate of speed, it starts to bleed and bones break. This can be a deadly allergic reaction.

69 Road Runner Convertible - 528 Hemi

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by convbcuda
    Or you could do the smart thing and actually wear your seatbelt.

I have to because of my allergies. My face is very allergic to windshield glass. If it hits the windshield at a high rate of speed, it starts to bleed and bones break. This can be a deadly allergic reaction.
    I sat in the parking lot at work on lunch today with the car running to keep the A/C going for one hour while I read the paper and ate my lunch. (It was almost 100 degrees.) The trans never came out of Park.

Think I kept my seat belt on?

I never...repeat NEVER drive without a seatbelt, but there's times I'm in my car and not driving that I don't want a bell going off in my ear.

Post Thanks / Like
    I turned mine off also..
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who kept their swords

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't need a chime to remind me to put my seatbelt on. It's automatic for me but sometimes when I'm just sitting in the car the chime does get annoying.
    '07 Magnum RT RWD Steel Blue with Road & Track package, 20" Foose Nitrous Chromes

Other Rides
    '01 BMW Z3 2.5i Roadster
    Watercrafts:
    '97 Seadoo GTX (gone but not forgotten)
    '05 Crownline 202 BR with duoprop

Misc Toys
    2010 Wildcat 31TS 5th Wheel

The last time I refused a beer I didn't understand the question.

Post Thanks / Like
    What gets me is when I'm out detailing my car and I just want the drivers door open so I can listen to some tunes. I don't want to disable any alarms, but, I would like to listen to some music without hearing a constant "ding".

Any ideas?
    Bob
    Concord, Ca

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by w5blt
    What gets me is when I'm out detailing my car and I just want the drivers door open so I can listen to some tunes. I don't want to disable any alarms, but, I would like to listen to some music without hearing a constant "ding".

Any ideas?
    once door is open, trip latch using a screwdriver or a pen. that will trick CCN into thinking the door is closed. just remember to release the latch before slamming door or you could damage latch.
    Izzy pics

ensure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Alligator clips to complete the circut would be safer than jamming a screwdriver which could scratch if moved,

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gn300
    Alligator clips to complete the circut would be safer than jamming a screwdriver which could scratch if moved,
    don't leave the screwdriver there, just use it to trip the latch.

Post Thanks / Like
    DMAG,

If you can figure out a way to get the F*&^ING TPM (tire pressure sensor) light and ding every 10 minutes off as well, I will give you $20.00 cash (or Paypal...)!!!

I am serious, the sensors would not fit in my wheels (not sure why) and there is no way that I have heard to disable the TPM system...

Any input on this, reason I asked is that I assumed the seatbelt ding could not be avoided either...

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I read you can trick the tps by putting the wheel sensors into a wheel barrow tire and blow up to proper pressure and put the tire under the seat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by davesan
    I read you can trick the tps by putting the wheel sensors into a wheel barrow tire and blow up to proper pressure and put the tire under the seat.
    Better think about that a little more. You have 4 tires.

Post Thanks / Like
    My procedure for turning off the seat belt chime:

1) get in the back seat
    2) buckle the seat belt behind the seat
    3) unfold any flapped sections of the belt so it lays flat across the back of the seat.

4) ride in peace.
    Man's biggest mistake is to believe that he's working for someone else.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread