Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xkm121 View Post
    DO NOT USE relay and cap! ****ty quality relay is not good and they may even damage your TIPM module!

Use CANBus error eliminator. One for each ballast. Reverse polarity before input side of the error eliminator.

This is thread is way too old the OP didnt even know what he was doing.....
    I'm a little confused with this. I'm about to install my HID replacement headlights and they came with an "anti-flicker" kit. Do I still need this Canbus error eliminator?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MSRT8 View Post
    I'm a little confused with this. I'm about to install my HID replacement headlights and they came with an "anti-flicker" kit. Do I still need this Canbus error eliminator?
    Did you get your kid from Papito?
    2007 Charger R/T AWD
    Predator, 180 T-stat, 20" Charger SRT Replicas, Custom Exhaust, BCR Coilovers, CF SRT 8 Hood, Honeycomb Grill, Rear Diffuser, Daytona lip, Carbon Fiber Accents, HID's, R1 Rotors, Hawk Pads.
    So many mods, so little money...

Post Thanks / Like
    LED Flashers Blinkers Resistors Load Equalizers for Turn Signal Replacement Bulbs Rapid Flashing Fix

Scroll down to CANBus warning cancellers. They are the ones we need on our LX.

You need the 7.99 dollar ones. One for each ballast.

I cant take a pic of the connection right now so I will try to describe it for you:

The connector has a clip on it so normally you just clip on and it will interlock. You need to plug it in the opposite direction from your car's headlight harness to the error eliminator's harness.

You will know it when you plug it in since the interlock position will not power-up your headlight. You flip it and plug it in the other way and it will come on.
    Update for a Pic?
    2006 Brilliant Black Dodge Magnum R/T <- totaled thanks to an asshat who texts and drives.

Post Thanks / Like
    The advantages of car light are numerous. LED car lights have the advantage of immediate start-up, and very long lifespan.What you have to pay attention to when you apply after-market LED car lights is that LEDs are sensitive to heat, and operation in a high temperature can shorten their lifespan. Therefore it is not advised to use them next to a headlight for instance, which emits a large amount of heat.

Last edited by lemmon; 12-19-2011 at 02:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    not sure if this is where i should post but what if the harness i bought has a positive cable that doesnt go all the way down meaning the whole isnt that large and gets stuck before it can get to the ridges on the positive screw what can i do??

Post Thanks / Like
    DO NOT USE relay and cap! ****ty quality relay is not good and they may even damage your TIPM module!

Use CANBus error eliminator. One for each ballast. Reverse polarity before input side of the error eliminator.

Crappy quality anything can do damage. A canbus error eliminator is just a capacitor, some resistors and possibly protection diodes.

Yeah, old thread but I'm going to reply anyway. I've been using this setup for a few years now and it's been running flawless and flicker-free. I did modify the way the capacitor is connected but it's the same concept.
    Last edited by EsQueue; 11-07-2014 at 04:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I disagree

I disagree with your solution. I have tried using error code eliminators before, 3 times to be exact. The first time I did the ECE(error code eliminator) they stopped working, due to me not doing reverse polarity. The other two times, with reverse polarity, there were even more issues. Lights flickered, one was on the other wasn't and would flicker from time to time.
    I ran across this post and gave it a shot. I have the bulbs, ballasts, relay and capacitor. I have yet to see an issue with this. Mine have been on for over 3 years now.

Post Thanks / Like
    can send get me a parts list and instruction to dyi hid relay harness

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought this on Amazon.
    SDX HID Headlights Xenon "Slim" Conversion Kit, 9006, 6000K

The cost was less than 20 bucks. I hooked them up to my 2008 Magnum without any relays, harnesses, or flicker eliminators. They work great, no problems. Simple and Cheap; easy too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Share This Thread