Post Thanks / Like

Any feedback on the 6.1 resonated 7db pipes

I'm looking into getting the 6.1 resonated 7db pipes. Does any body have any pics and sound clips? I'm not looking for not too loud, but a little more than a stock srt exahust.
    2012 Dodge Charger

PB 1/8 run: 7.92 @ 86.92 * 1.76 60' on street tires with DA at 1786 - All Stock

Current mods:

Custom tune by Lxmodguy, Stage II VB, Corsa Extreme Exhaust and LMI true CAI

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm. i take it no one has the 6.1 resonated tips from blastin bob. I was hoping on some close up pic's. If someone can post some picks, i've got beans i can give lol!

Post Thanks / Like
    I assume you want an opinion from an actual owner of a set? The only pics I have are in the video. The tip I use was not re-stocked by my supplier when they ran out a few months ago and he was not going to re-order them. I just last week got another tip that is chrome over stainless to use on this kit, looks like the tips that Corsa uses. I have not made a set with them yet because I get inquiries but no purchases for these.

I think they sound very nice, not too loud.

Blastin'

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got mine installed a few days ago Rander. They sound freakin amazing, I had no resonators for about a week and the drone was awful. Now it just sounds sick, nice deep not all the way through. They are quite a bit louder than the stock SRT exhaust on my 5.7. I have no MDS so I'm not sure what it sounds like with that.

Frank's SPARROW cam, Indy Maxx heads, LMI Fender Pull Intake, Edge High Stall Converter, Full SRT exhaust, 399 rwhp, 407 ft.*lbs.

5.7 N/A 11 second club Best times to date:
    1/8 mile E.T. 7.369 @ 95.90 mph.
    1/4 mile E.T. 11.60 @ 115.97 mph.
    1.60 60 ft. best

Post Thanks / Like
    Bob how much do the 5.7 resonated tips go for?
    SVT2MagnumRT

- 2005 Mineral Grey Magnum RT Gone!
    - 2006 BB Charger SRT8 on 20 SM BHP's
    - Diablo Predator
    - no resos, Airhammer
    And 2 Booster seats

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SVT2MagnumRT View Post
    Bob how much do the 5.7 resonated tips go for?
    Is there a specific kit you are interested in? or just a certain tip?

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    I am just looking to quiet down the drone a bit cheaply. I have no reso's and just tips on FM super 44's. I'm still looking for a loud system, just without the crappy resonance. I'm just poor right now, otherwise I would have gone with the Flowmaster catback system.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 5.7 with SRT exhaust SVT. First I had cut off the resonators and just straight piped the back and the SRT mufflers are straight thru, the drone was obnoxious. When I got done driving my 25 miles home from work my ears were relieved to say the least.

I bought a set of used BB's SRT fat pipes with resonated tips. Simply amazing sound and quality. Now my ears don't hate. But the sound is honestly better with the BB's and no drone. But the note is deeper and more solid than the previous arrangement I spoke of.

JMHO

Well worth the price, the fitment is perfect and sound is great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SVT2MagnumRT View Post
    I am just looking to quiet down the drone a bit cheaply. I have no reso's and just tips on FM super 44's. I'm still looking for a loud system, just without the crappy resonance. I'm just poor right now, otherwise I would have gone with the Flowmaster catback system.
    The resonated tip may or may not be quieter then what you already have. The 4" resonated tips I sell will knock down 2 decibels off of a hollow 3 1/2" x 12" tip.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Dude, you aint chitin man! I just got them this afternoon, via Fedex, installed them in less than 30 minutes and all I've got to say is now it really sounds like a muscle car! The sound is freaking aweseme!!!! Okay, i'm a little hyped, but i'm so glad i got them. And another thing, Bob did a good job on the hardware and the packing of it was awesome. Not a single scratch on the pipes or tips.

Another thing is their is no obnoxious reso at all. It's a deep mellow sound and no vibration at all!!! A big plus for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Charger4Life View Post
    I just got mine installed a few days ago Rander. They sound freakin amazing, I had no resonators for about a week and the drone was awful. Now it just sounds sick, nice deep not all the way through. They are quite a bit louder than the stock SRT exhaust on my 5.7. I have no MDS so I'm not sure what it sounds like with that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rander View Post
    Dude, you aint chitin man! I just got them this afternoon, via Fedex, installed them in less than 30 minutes and all I've got to say is now it really sounds like a muscle car! The sound is freaking aweseme!!!! Okay, i'm a little hyped, but i'm so glad i got them. And another thing, Bob did a good job on the hardware and the packing of it was awesome. Not a single scratch on the pipes or tips.

Another thing is their is no obnoxious reso at all. It's a deep mellow sound and no vibration at all!!! A big plus for me.
    Pics? Video?

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    old post.... but I'm looking for some SRT 6.1 resonated BB's.... Are they still being made? Are these the one's everyone is talking about in this thread?

I'm installing a 6.1 SRT entire exhaust on my 5.7.

http://www.blastinbob.com/6_1L_SRT_8...r_p/srt8x4.htm

Post Thanks / Like
    On back order.

Quote Originally Posted by Generalg View Post
    old post.... but I'm looking for some SRT 6.1 resonated BB's.... Are they still being made? Are these the one's everyone is talking about in this thread?

I'm installing a 6.1 SRT entire exhaust on my 5.7.

http://www.blastinbob.com/6_1L_SRT_8...r_p/srt8x4.htm

Share This Thread