Post Thanks / Like

My fat pipes leaks at the clamp now a little rust

What do I need to do have the clamps taken off and welded?
    Last edited by Blastin_Bob; 04-10-2008 at 10:59 AM. Reason: oops, wrong button

HEMI!, Diablo Predator CAI tune SOLD, "GIGANTICAI" CAI, Blastin Bobs 7db , 22" 4inch LIP Velocity VW700 Rims on 265/35s SOLD, Chrome Grill, mirrors, pillars, handles and bumper inserts. Clear LED tails, 15" RE SX Sub, 7" Touch screen Navi, Ipod Control, TV Tuner, LED floor lights and license plate light strip, Reverse Camera,. FTP
    The "Giganticai"http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=112170
    The Mag http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=75308

Post Thanks / Like
    .... what clamps, what pipes? I definitely would not weld the midpipes to the cat-back. That could make changing things in the future very... interesting. You can weld the whole cat-back if you want. As far as clamps... you should be using the two-bolt style, they're about 3" long and give a killer seal. The U-bolt or single-bolt style have a much harder time staying tight. I assume the pipes aren't stainless??? If the pipes aren't stainless, then the rust is from the clamps.

I DRINK ROYAL PURPLE! WHAT NOW?!

> 2006 Silver SRT-8 magnum, adopted 9/9/06 with 36 miles, groups I, II, &III.
    * tinted LED Tails * Mopar Remote Start * Stainless Airhammer * Coated Kooks Longtubes * PPP Heads, Cam, and Converter * Alpine R10 Subs/AoN Enclosures * 20" Black AR 311's w/ Nitto 420's * Corsa cat-back * Front Window Tint * Ratman Hatch Button Mod * Hotchkis Sways * BT Underhood Bling * Polished Intake Manifold * Autodim Drivers Mirror *

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the blastin bob 7db resonator eliminator kit. So I just use the clamps that came with the kit. They clamp on to the pipe I cut off.
    Last edited by bigkevin20; 04-10-2008 at 10:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkevin20 View Post
    What do I need to do have the clamps taken off and welded?
    This is what superT is talking about.

TT-SERIES

GENUINE TORCAŽ BRAND PREFORMED LAP JOINT BAND STYLE CLAMP.

http://www.ottawaproducts.com/produc...TiteSeries.pdf

This style won't work on the passenger side because it clamps too close to a bend. A couple options are to remove it and apply red rtv silicone or to have it welded. Since your converters produce water it's difficult to keep it from seeping out of anywhere it can, even the lap joint band clamps will allow some water to leak out. The other option is to have it welded.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just found one that has a gasket to help with the leak in the crack, but it still won't work in a bend.

http://www.ottawaproducts.com/produc...s%20clamps.htm

Post Thanks / Like
    OK thanks its not that bad but its noticeable.

Post Thanks / Like
    just get them welded...u can always cut them off!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I plan to now thanks. By the way the still sound great Bob.

Post Thanks / Like
    my mopar borla duals did the same thing leaking at clamps....so now there welded up!!!

Share This Thread