Chrysler Canada Introduces 2009 Dodge Challenger Lineup and Announces Pricing for the Limited-Volume 2008 Challenger SRT8®
Dodge announced pricing today for the modern interpretation of the ultimate muscle coupe. The limited-volume 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8® will have a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $44,995 (which excludes $1300 destination), and offer modern features such as 20” SRT Design wheels, high-performance suspension, dual-exhaust, and high-intensity discharge headlamps. Powered by the SRT 6.1 litre, 425-hp HEMI® engine, the new Challenger will be one of the top “Bang for the Buck” products on the market, and Chrysler Canada’s best value in its SRT8 lineup. Later this year, four 2009 Dodge Challenger models will be offered in Canada: Dodge Challenger SE, Dodge Challenger SXT, Dodge Challenger R/T and Dodge Challenger SRT8. Pricing for the complete all-new Dodge Challenger lineup will be announced at a later date.
- The ultimate muscle coupe is back, packed with modern technology and sophistication
- Unprecedented demand building for first year version of new muscle car
- Challenger SRT8® model to be the best value in SRT8 lineup
- Available Canadian-only limited-edition 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 500 model to identify exclusive limited-volume first year vehicles and pay tribute to Dodge’s strong racing heritage
- Full 2009 Challenger lineup offers dynamic coupes at a wide variety of content levels and engine/transmission choices
- Complete 2009 Dodge Challenger lineup to arrive this fall
2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 500
For the 2008 Model Year only, Canadian automotive enthusiasts will have the chance to own the Limited-Edition Dodge Challenger SRT8 500.
2008 Challenger SRT8 500 models will be available in Black, Silver and HEMI Orange. All will feature a special 500 badge in front grille, 500 badge in the instrument panel, and all customers will receive a unique Certificate of Authenticity. The Challenger SRT8 500 will be powered by a 6.1-liter HEMI V-8 engine mated to a five speed automatic transmission with AutoStick that boasts 425 horsepower and 420 lb.-ft. of torque.
- First year collectors edition Dodge Challenger SRT8 500 is reminiscent of the 1969 Dodge Charger 500 and is a testament to Dodge’s strong racing heritage
- The Challenger SRT8 500 shares many of the attributes associated with Dodge racing heritage such as its HEMI performance, Sure grip differential, performance brakes and unique performance exhaust, suspension and steering
- 0-60 mph in less than five seconds
The 2008 Challenger SRT8 500 will also include a wide range of high tech equipment such as dual “carbon-fiber” hood stripes, harkening back to the original Dodge Challenger, AM/FM 6 disc DVD MP3 radio, 13 speakers Kicker SRT High Performance Audio, UConnect® Hands Free Communication, Security Alarm and Rearview auto dim mirror with microphone.
Interior 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 500 highlights include race-inspired leather seats with added bolstering and an exclusive orange accent stripe, exclusive stitched accents on the seats and steering wheel, four-bomb gauges with tachometer and speedometer in the center, and an SRT-exclusive Reconfigurable Display (RCD) with Performances Pages that provide drivers instant feedback on 0–100 km/h time, 100–0 km/h braking, g-forces and ¼-mile time.
“The demand and enthusiasm generated by the Dodge Challenger is unprecedented,” said Reid Bigland, President and CEO – Chrysler Canada Inc. “The passion is especially fervent with enthusiasts and our dealers who understand the collectible nature of a first year sports car and have made it clear: They want their limited-edition 2008 Challenger SRT8 500 and they want it now. We will work with our dealers to get them out in the coming months and then to roll out the full lineup of 2009 models including V-6, HEMI and HEMI SRT8 versions.”
2009 Dodge Challenger Lineup - Essential Hardware
Four 2009 Dodge Challenger models will be offered in Canada: Dodge Challenger SE, Dodge Challenger SXT, Dodge Challenger R/T and Dodge Challenger SRT8.
The Dodge Challenger SE powered by the 3.5-litre High-Output V-6 with a four-speed automatic transmission produces 250 horsepower (186 kW) and 250 lb.-ft of torque (339 N•m)
The Dodge Challenger SXT will include standard 18” aluminum wheels, Anti-lock 4-wheel disc brakes, all-speed traction control, leather wrapped steering wheel, power 8-way driver seat, security alarm and fog lamps.
The Dodge Challenger R/T features the new-generation 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine with five-speed automatic transmission that produces 370 horsepower (276 kW) and 398 lb.-ft. of torque (540 N•m).
For 2009, the HEMI engine is upgraded to get an estimated five percent improvement in fuel economy as well as an increase of 30 horsepower (8 per cent) and 8 lb.-ft. improved torque over a greater range of engine speeds. The Dodge Challenger R/T also offers a precision shift six-speed manual transmission combined with the new-generation HEMI-powered engine that will produce 375 horsepower (280 kW) and 404 lb.-ft. of torque (548 N•m) when running on premium fuel.
The 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 features an SRT-exclusive 6.1-liter HEMI V-8 engine with five-speed automatic transmission with Auto Stick that generates a blistering 425 horsepower (317 kW) and 420 lb.-ft. of torque (310 N•m). The vehicle can go from zero to 60 mph in less than five seconds. The Dodge Challenger SRT8 also offers a precision shift six-speed manual transmission.
Patterned off the Dodge Charger architecture, the front suspension and five-link independent rear suspension system on all Dodge Challenger models provide excellent ride and handling characteristics.
The Dodge Challenger design team strived to stay true to the concept revealed at the 2006 North American International Auto Show, while drawing upon elements from the original Challenger.
On the exterior, the long, raised hood with scoops and recessed grille with round dual-headlamps are reminiscent of the original Dodge Challenger. The bold A-line, or character line, that runs from stem to stern gives the all-new 2009 Dodge Challenger an instantly recognizable muscle car profile. Retro dual rectangular exhaust outlets complete the look from the rear.
On the interior, the trapezoidal theme of the door-panel cove and gauge cluster, dark headliner and slanted shifter console are inspired by the original Dodge Challenger. The modern interpretation of the Dodge Challenger offers exceptional rear seating for a two-door coupe, achieving best-in-class rear head (37.4 inches) and leg (32.6 inches) room compared to the competition. Coupled with best- in-class cargo space (16.2 cu. ft.) — equal to the Dodge Charger — the all-new 2009 Dodge Challenger offers added comfort and functionality.
Essential Technology, Safety and Security Features
The all-new Dodge Challenger offers customers a full range of innovative technologies, including:
Dodge Challenger offers more than 25 safety and security features, including:
- MyGIG™ provides a cutting-edge multimedia audio and entertainment system, with built-in navigation and 30G of media storage
- UConnect provides convenient, hands-free communication with Bluetooth® cellular phones
- SIRIUS Digital Satellite Radio offers a variety of subscription-based radio programs and music for enhanced listening enjoyment
- Keyless Go allows the driver to start the vehicle with the push of button
- Remote Start starts a secured vehicle with the key fob for added convenience
Dodge Challenger Production
- Anti-lock brakes (ABS) modulate the brakes for the driver to provide steering control while braking
- Electronic Stability Program (ESP) applies selective braking or throttle reduction to control over steer and under steer
- Brake Assist ensures maximum braking action during panic stops
- Traction Control reduces the throttle and/or applies selective braking to optimize traction during acceleration
- Hill Start Assist for Manual Transmission applications to assist the driver in launching the vehicle on an incline
The all-new Dodge Challenger will be built at the Brampton Assembly Plant in Brampton, Ontario, Canada. It will be built on the same assembly line as the Chrysler 300 and Dodge Charger
I'm getting dehydrated from all this drooling ... I've gotta wait for the '09 though ... still not done playing with my Mag ...
Your PC's wallpaper may vary ... mine has been a Challenger since day one ...
All my posts are made from 100% recycled electrons!
Great info resume speed. Where'd you find it? I just checked the Dodge.ca website and they have the same Challenger teaser as always.
2006 300 SRT8. Black. Razors Edge Shock Tower Brace, Diablo Predator with custom tune, Torque Thrust M's, Nito Invos, BT catch can, Pioneer AVIC Z140BH.
Any pics leaked of the 500 model yet?
Stock catback, and stock drivetrain
Typing from a tablet, excuse typos.