Post Thanks / Like

passenger seat weight sensor calibration

I had gone and installed a new headunit and speakers over the weekend, I ended up taking out the passenger side seat so I could get the carpet up to run the new wires, anyways after I had already gotten the seat out I noticed a warning label on the floor stating the seat's weight senson needs to be re-calibrated by a dodge technician, now does anyone know how important it actualy is to recalibrate it right away?

I don't have a CHECK engine light and the passenger airbag light doesn't come on so everything seems fine, so if it's really not overly important to do it asap i'd rather just wait till the next time I have to bring it to the dealer to have it done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just CHECK it with a couple of gallon containers of water. If the passenger airbag off light comes on it is probably ok, but I would still get it checked next time you are in the dealer.
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

"If a man is called to be a streetsweeper, he should sweep streets as Michelangelo painted or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great streetsweeper who did his job well."
    -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Share This Thread