Post Thanks / Like

replace mufflers or remove resonators?

ok.. we have a 06 rt magnum , i have 2 super 40 flowmasters 2.25" doing nothing in the garage. can i replace the stock mufflers with theses... and leave the resonators on? how loud do you think these will be? even if its a bit louder than stock thats kewl cuz this is our kid hauler, and my wifes daily..so it cant be too loud.

OR

should i just get blastin bobs resonator delete pipes????

any thought or input is appreciated!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the Flowmaster 44's in place of the Stock Muffler(s) on my 05 Magnum RT.
    Stock Resonators still in place.
    I honestly think if you didn't drive it everyday, you wouldn't know she isn't stock. Too Quiet. You can tell theres something else under there from behind, especially when you romp on it, but still way to quiet for me.
    My next step is a different Resonator or resonated tip in the back.

Put it this way, when I had it done, my wife said she could barely tell the difference. It's been a few week, I think it has gotten a bit louder/throatier since install day, but if you want a small improvement in sound over stock, leaving the stock reso's is the way to go. If you want it to sound like a 340hp V8, your gonna have to do something with the stock Reso's.

Just my 2cents.

Post Thanks / Like
    go get the Blastin Bobs and send me your FM 40's

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the 7db Blastin Bobs on my RT and love them. But want a bit more growl at idle so thinking about also adding the Flowmasters instead of the stock suitcase.
    2013 300 S
    3.6L V6
    8-Speed
    Stock For Now
    McKinney, Texas

Post Thanks / Like
    My sig has a link to my exhaust video in it now. Feel free to check it out. Not sure the difference on sound between the 40's and 44's though.
    2005 MAGNUM RT

CF AIRHAMMER, Predator, 180 Tstat, Flowmaster 44's, no resonaters, Blue LED Interior Lighting, 06 Radio with Aux Input

Post Thanks / Like
    If nothing else, the stock resonators are unsightly.
    Get some nice looking resonator tips.
    Terry

2005 Magnum RT load runner 2.6: Inertia Motorsports 419 Stroker, Predator Tune: 475rwhp & 465rwtq, Crower Cam, Kook's Headers, 3 inch "Custom" Exhaust, Tunable Induction Intake, NAG1-HTC Tranny, 3.55 Gears, 600hp DSS Half-Shafts, TrueFiber Challenger Hood, Enkei Wheels 18"x9", MT 28.00" / 12.00" x 18" radials on rear, Paneled Rear Side Windows, GoManGo Front Seats, Eibach Springs/Dampers, Wilwood Calipers, Rear Wiper Removed, Billet Technology enhancments.
    2013 Chrysler 300 (black)
    1999 Plymouth Prowler (yellow) Prowler Pro #11
    2011 RPG Ford Raptor

Post Thanks / Like
    I have Flowmaster 40s in place of the suitcase, it is a TIGHT fit. I would put the 44s in the back, take off the resonators and put the 44s there. Replace the suitcase with a couple of straight thru resonators (glass packs) to rid off any drone.

A nice sound..................

Bob
    Bob in Ocala, Florida, 05' Magnum RT, 74 years young - married 53 years. Superchips tuner & Flowmaster 40's. 402 Motoring rear spoiler, mud flaps, tinted & painted tail lights. Danko shaker hood, 69' Charger grille, front spoiler, rear diffuser.

Post Thanks / Like
    replace the suitcase with the 40's and ditch the reso's.

Post Thanks / Like
    Asked this same question on the 300C forums and am looking forward to more input. I have the 300C 5.7 with MDS and want NO drone, so I keep thinking 40s and keep the stock resonators. Just looking for a better sound, not a hot rod. This is a 300C after all and a refined, grand touring car. Chargers can get away with being hot rods.

Heh.

Dave
    Houston

Share This Thread