Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Car and Driver Write-up on new Challenger

All though they call it a test drive, Car and Driver magazine (April 08 issue) only estimates the Challenger's 0-60 time and did not give it an actual dragstrip test. Still Car and driver lists 13.1 at 108 mph and that is a lot better than some of the other articles I've seen; and that is not even the 800 lb lighter Superstock version.
    6.1L Hemi Registry # 00801

JESUS CHRIST is my President!

Post Thanks / Like
    These 6.1 Challengers are just as heavy as the Hemi cars we own now.....so i don't see the Challenger being any quicker...only cooler. I can't wait to see one on the street though.

Post Thanks / Like
    it's called aerodynamics, the challenger has slightly better aerodynamics, very slightly lighter, and will be slightly faster.... chrysler says 4.9 and chrysler said 5.0 for the charger srt8 and those cars do 4.8 stock so the challenger will most likely do 4.7 0-60.

Post Thanks / Like
    the challenger is 20lbs lighter than the charger but the weight distribution is way different and the wheel base. this will make them launch and handle differently. the wheel base for the challenger is 116" with weight distribution of 55.6% front & 44.4% rear and the charger is 120" and 54% front & 56% rear.

Post Thanks / Like
    On the cover of the book it says 0-60 in 3.9!!! What the hell?
    392 Stroker, Builder Bill TC, Builder Bill tranny, LXAS LVLI Tcase, Novi 1500 10.5psi, 150 shot of nitrous, tuned by Josh @ HHP

Post Thanks / Like
    lol what book is that? its 4.9

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tank8289 View Post
    On the cover of the book it says 0-60 in 3.9!!! What the hell?
    No it doesn't. Look again.

That number is for the 'street rod' not the Challenger... different article.

The Chally should be about 2/10ths quicker in the 1/4 mile than the current SRT8 line if I had to guess.

We'll soon see.
    Last edited by Guest; 03-02-2008 at 03:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hemi8tr View Post
    the challenger is 20lbs lighter than the charger but the weight distribution is way different and the wheel base. this will make them launch and handle differently. the wheel base for the challenger is 116" with weight distribution of 55.6% front & 44.4% rear and the charger is 120" and 54% front & 56% rear.
    Pretty kewl car, weighs 110% of itself, LOL. Assuming you meant 46% rear. Would that little difference between the cars really impact performance?

Post Thanks / Like

10%

10% is the driver and he/she is big

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by part deux View Post
    Pretty kewl car, weighs 110% of itself, LOL. Assuming you meant 46% rear. Would that little difference between the cars really impact performance?
    LOL that is how Dodge has it listed on thier site: http://www-5.dodge.com/vehsuite/VehicleCompare.jsp

Weight Distribution - Automatic Transmission - % Front54.0 Weight Distribution - Automatic Transmission - % Rear56.0

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure what book i read it on but i remember seeing on the cover of some major magazine saying Dodge challenger 0-60 3.9 Secs! And then in the article stating 4.9.....Will let you know what book that was.

Guest Guest
    I'm not sure what book i read it on but i remember seeing on the cover of some major magazine saying Dodge challenger 0-60 3.9 Secs! And then in the article stating 4.9.....Will let you know what book that was.
    I wouldn't mislead you........

2 articles mentioned, each separated from the other...

FIRST DRIVE:
    425hp Dodge
    Challenger SRT8

next article way down below and to the left

Hemi-powered STREET ROD 0-60 in 3.9

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, Dodge can't figure out how the weight is distributed, and Car & Driver likely has the 0-60 time wrong. Gotta love fact checking... wait, cost reduced!

Post Thanks / Like
    NO they probably DO have the 0-60 time right , if you do your research they tested the charger srt8 on the track and pulled 4.8 0-60..... so their assumption that this challenger which is shorter in hieght and every other category, a bit more aerodynami and a bit less in wieght, 4.7 seems like a great prediction, and theyll probably be right.

Post Thanks / Like
    The cover got me as well, I thought holy crap they got 3.9sec from the Challenger. I then saw the seperate article on the street rod.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread