LX Forums Forum banner

Peter Parker's PPP Power Package

21K views 71 replies 20 participants last post by  Peter Parker 
#1 · (Edited)
Project Spider Man is coming full steam, after receiving his PPP camshaft and the install goodies..

Look what I received today....

See less See more
#38 ·
Peter, I have a crosshair on Hemiwagon's 11.6, modified 6.1 category. However, I have no idea what my car will run with my new mods. First things first, I'll need to learn how to drive it.:panic:

It will be no easy task as the bar is so high at 11.60 and I don't feel like chasing air!! :not_worth

#41 ·
Damn a buck fifty!! You got me by a tenth right out the gate!:banghead:

Anyways, my car is done and went to the dyno for tuning on Thursday and put down some awesome power. (More on that later) but I can tell you looking at your mod list, your car is going to be sick brother!!

#44 ·
So, forged pushrods are in and I have a tune from AJ (hemituner) so we are headed out tomorrow to MHP and Matt is bringing the rental corolla.. .whoo hooo! He's still going to install my stuff even after his accident this week. :panic: What an awesome guy and super trooper!!!! :not_worth Can't wait to meet these guys and get these parts in, we'll take pics and update you guys on how it goes! :thumbs_u:

Damn a buck fifty!! You got me by a tenth right out the gate!:banghead:

Anyways, my car is done and went to the dyno for tuning on Thursday and put down some awesome power. (More on that later) but I can tell you looking at your mod list, your car is going to be sick brother!!
I'll be extremely satisfied if I'm even close to your car! 487hp..who are you kidding??? LOL!!

damn!!!! nice parts!!!! didnt know u had a converter..

that thing is going to haul ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:racing: Can't wait to meet you!

I thought you were going cat-less.... :Na_Na_Na_Na:
:bahdumcha: :friday:

#46 ·
Your gonna have a blast with these guys.. The best thing is you learn. An make new friends. HeHe

#48 ·
I cannot wait for the Nashville M&G!!! We still gonna be up for turning some heads at the track that Friday? Mine is getting completed next week, so we should be able to have some fun. It will be interesting to hear the difference between our cutouts...you with a 112lsa and me 114lsa. Combined, we should be able to shatter some windows, and maybe eardrums!!!! If you have upgraded your half-shafts, we have got to put my DR's on you for at least one run. Lookin forward to seeing and hearing your beast in a couple of weeks.

#49 · (Edited)
I cannot wait for the Nashville M&G!!! We still gonna be up for turning some heads at the track that Friday? Mine is getting completed next week, so we should be able to have some fun. It will be interesting to hear the difference between our cutouts...you with a 112lsa and me 114lsa. Combined, we should be able to shatter some windows, and maybe eardrums!!!! If you have upgraded your half-shafts, we have got to put my DR's on you for at least one run. Lookin forward to seeing and hearing your beast in a couple of weeks.
We should have a great time Keith, people at the track will wonder where these 300c beasts came from!!! Not doing the shafts yet but we can still throw those on and hope for the best...lol!!! I have a shattering cutout story also for you below... :rock:

Ok, install complete!!!!!!!!! :hammer:

I don't even know where to begin on my install this weekend! So much in such a short time and we are wore out!!!! My buddy and I drove up Thursday night and we met the MHP guys and got started on Friday morning and finished on Saturday, drove all night last night and back by Sunday morning. This is even after running into quite a few kinks from prior shoddy work performed on my car, more of that to come...

I knew these guys would be some cool cats and teach us a lot about these vehicles. I've learned a bit reading the forums but needed more hands on experience with my car and these guys definately over delivered. Matt and Luke went above and beyond to help teach us even some of the most basic stuff and not ridicule me too bad! LoL!
Next time that tranny is coming down on you Luke!!!! Wait a sec, you have a girlfriend... :Na_Na_Na_Na: :bahdumcha:
I need to photoshop a lxforums football for the longest time to find tools!!!! LoL! :caveman:

Sooooo, the list of everything installed this weekend was the PPP Stg 2 Heads, Stg 3 Cam (224/228 112LSA), 25% Underdrive Pulley, Phil Collin's edition Inertia Ported and Silver Coated Intake Manifold, Forged Pushrods, ProTorque 2800 stall, Kooks catless mids custom bent with 3.75" badlanzhpe cutouts, Stage 8 locking bolts, ngk iridium plugs, zeitronix zt-2 w/lcd display wideband o2 sensor, heavy duty police oil cooler, all new o2 sensors and front extenders, HemiTuner (AJ) base tune, and a new ported and polished throttle body.

My car had quite a few problems you will see closer in the pictures and needed this work much more than I knew! :panic: I had a leaking intake manifold with a torn gasket and 4 different kinds of bolts in my exhaust manifolds from a now closed down local shop (performance concepts in murfreesboro, tn) so just about every cylinder was leaking a little or a lot.... One manifold was even missing a bolt, no surprise there though I was betting two were gone... :roll:

That shop also managed to force the o2 connecters with the extenders the wrong way (no wonder why I got those codes from time to time) and use all kinds of different exhaust clamps and bolts that weren't matching. That's why I was ready ahead and planned on just replacing all the sensors while everything was down. Luke hooked me up with some extra extenders after we realized the others were crap and toasted. Just pulled them out of his tool box and said here ya go... :rock: Also, one of my Kooks hi flow cats was being destroyed quickly... the material was pushed back about 4" and some of the material inside was blocking it up. Now it looks like this set will be perfect to gut for a catless spare pair without the cutout setup.

Matt was a trooper and handled any of the countless questions I could throw at him. Even that pesky oil cooler where we had to innovate a little... We used fnkychickn's writeup as reference but short work was made of that nipple fairly easy, you'll have to pay Luke for the secret nipple remover tip... hmm... I could really go a different direction with this here... :tatah: :Na_Na_Na_Na: They also cut the bottom coolant line to fit my srt and I didn't realize the standard oil filter doesn't fit (too small of threads) and wasn't prepared in advance for that. No problemo, they found one from a Mercury Cougar that screwed right on, sealed excellent, and held more oil at the same time. :banana:

The Kooks catless midpipe and badlanz cutouts mounting and fitment were definately a challenge that we were able to work thru using some "custom" spacers we sourced right down the street in Capac... it took some outside the box thinking, grinding, and even a little spot welding to get things perfect. I kid you not, this thing sounds like a beast with this setup... Rated MA - Mature Audiences Only... Will permanently affect children and the elderly.... :thumbs_u: I think these guys would approve the sound is rated Bad Ass!!!!

Too bad the exhaust flowage, pressure, or me mashing the buttons randomly snapped a valve right off one of the cutouts on a test drive down the road. No worries though, we had block off plates too so we took off the cutouts and bolted those right up temporarily, I read badlanzhpe upgraded the design since this set was purchased (I bought them used for a great deal and still saved money so can't complain a bit, the pipes alone were worth the price I paid.) Replacements will be on the way soon and I shoot to have them in by the next meet! :rock:

Everything else seemed as smooth as silk scarves... LoL... nevermind.

Here's the link to my photoalbum with almost all the pics...lol!!!! http://s397.photobucket.com/albums/pp60/shadowsrt8/MHP/?start=all

Below are some favorites...

Beginning work:

Spiderman's superpowers are blinding....

Pictures of previous problems below that MHP guys were able to handle with no trouble.....:blam:

4 different exhaust manifold bolts?????

Clogged arteries....

We had a great time with these guys and I'ld definately trust them to take care of my car anytime! Special thanks to Matt, Luke, Mike, Nort, Andy, Stu, & AJ for taking care of me either directly or behind the scenes and answering my endless questions and emails! :thumbs_u: :not_worth :modding:

Now, I just need to get more datalogs for AJ so he can work on fine tuning it but it ran well enough for me to get a good taste of the newfound power and easily drive back home, that's what I needed! Will keep you guys updated on the numbers... :rock:

#52 ·
Really good job man, some awesome power adders!

Reactions: Peter Parker
#53 ·
COngratz! MHP rules again!! Have you been able to take the grin off your face!!:racing: heHe:banana:

#58 ·
Thanks guys, I had a great time and can't wait to get the tune dialed in perfect to post some #'s! :i2:

Not yet, I slept and woke up with a permagrin!!!! :mrgreen:

mike? is that you!!!!?!?!

also yes great to met you Peter also.. bring the thing back up when you are ready for more goodies.. ERRR wait.. i mean bring it down the the warm ass Florida.. lol
You guys know we are down for a roadtrip...lol... whether it's up north or down in the dirty south!!!! We'll definately keep and touch and kick it again, even if we don't have any cars to keep us dog tired and busy!!!!
:beerchug:

Matt, Luke, & Mike = :not_worth:not_worth:not_worth

#55 ·
Great job!!! Looking forward to checking her out in Nashville.

Reactions: Peter Parker
#60 ·
Jim, just convince MJ! LoL!

Matt, you didn't tell Luke about that "accidental" spinnage did you???? :mrgreen:

Ahhh well, it's all good... thanks for making this video!!!! :friday:

Make sure your speakers are of decent quality for the full effect... :thumbs_u:

#72 ·
:rock: :rock: :rock:

That's all I have to say....... :mrgreen:
:not_worth:not_worth:not_worth:modding:

nice work brotha..thats smokin'...now lets just get to the 500 mark! ill get behind and push..im good for a few hp
You'll supply the beano?.... :tinfoilhat:

I told you it would be a friggin monster. Now all it needs is the driver mod! :Na_Na_Na_Na:
No joke, I'm still learning how to handle her... :wink:

Very nice there Peter!!! AF can still be dialed in a bit, speaking from an aggressive standpoint. I am with Mush...get my fatass behind that car and we can definitely add a few ponies, or at least time at the track!! :banana:
No worries, we'll be hitting the strip soon mate with Done...Yeh, still a bit conservative... but I'ld rather easy does it via email tunes, rather than thar she blows!!! :)

So when are we going to the strip? How about Beech Bend next Tuesday?
We're heading down to FL to visit the family over the holidays and hopefully we'll be headed back Tuesday. Honestly, I'm scared to put her on the track till I get some drag wheels & tires now after sliding all over the strip last time. If all in the budget goes well I'll have them within a month, I'm shooting for that MADD 1/8 in knoxville to practice with the new setup before heading up to beech bend unless I can get the wheel setup sooner. I'll eat more ramen... lol.... :rock:

Here's that dyno pull...

#68 ·
nice work brotha..thats smokin'...now lets just get to the 500 mark! ill get behind and push..im good for a few hp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.