Post Thanks / Like

2016 newbie scat pack owner questions

Okay , I traded in my 2014 Rt Redline 6 speed 5.7. I had flowmaster exhaust, trinity tuner, air raid cai, and 3.90 gears.
    I got an A8 2016 Scatpack 6.4 (had back surgery, problems pushing clutch in)

so far I love my Scatpack, just a much better car all the way around. But my R/t felt quicker. I've even talked to the guy that bought it at the dealership and he thinks the same.

Is it possible to tune the 16 Scatpack and how, who do I contact, and what is the price range? I hear about resonator removal or mid pipe muffler removal.
    What bump might I expect from these changes? Is it just the 3.15 gear and auto making my car feel not as quick? sorry, tried to search the forum so I hope I'm not asking duplicate questions.
    Likes alvarezz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know what to tell you, must be something wrong with your Scat if a 5.7L feels quicker. The rear end gears are 3.09 and they work perfect with the A8. I would get the car looked at from front to back by a dealer who knows what they are doing before you start doing any mods that could cause them to blame the mods and refuse to fix your car. No way should a 5.7L even be remotely close to a 392.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    2016 Challenger SRT 392, A8, Technology Group
    Likes smokie302, silver scat, ronan978, alvarezz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I bet your dealer put regular fuel in the car and it's running off the low octane tables....there is a fuse to pull after you have replaced the regular gas with 93 to reset the PCM to the high octane tables. It may not but that would be where I started, I've driven the scat, there is no comparison with the RT in torque or power.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's the difference between the 3.90 gears in the R/T and the 3.09 gears in the Scat Pack. Put 3.90s in the Scat Pack with a Diablo tune and it'll be a world of difference!

Post Thanks / Like
    This will make 1st and 2nd gear all but useless.

Post Thanks / Like
    after several months of ownership I'm checking in.
    I never said the car was slower than the 5.7 6 speed car, just does not feel as quick. the scat is definitely a faster car. and I'm only a dodge newbie, I've raced stick cars for many years but modding dodge is very new to me. I agree the low octane from the dealer probably didn't help, as it feels quicker now. however, there are fast 5.7 cars no matter what we want to admit. kind of like scatpacks beating hellcats in the 1/8th, anything is possible. maybe I worded wrong. Granted I spent most of my life with stick cars, but I could launch on every mustang, Camaro, and srt around here when I had my 5.7 car but had to be smart where and when to race as traction and length of the race had a great part in the outcome.

with the scat, once it's rolling, I've freightrained every car that has tried me so far and would definitely do the same to my old challenger.

maybe having raced a lot of supercharged and turbo'ed cars has jaded me. that being said, would like to know if any easy mods are available and cost effectiveness of them. My birthday is coming up and I'd like to give this scat a little more. avoiding exhaust because I live in a police not liking muscle car area and the stealth factor of this car has really helped me to avoid any trouble. I bought the nitto drag radials and think I should have went with the mickey thompsons. I'll probably remove mid mufflers as this doesn't seem to overbearingly loud but has a stronger sound............

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star Perf View Post
    It's the difference between the 3.90 gears in the R/T and the 3.09 gears in the Scat Pack. Put 3.90s in the Scat Pack with a Diablo tune and it'll be a world of difference!
    I agree with this...but you had the other car dialed in with a tune which probably greatly helped throttle response.

side note I have no idea how much the 5.7's weigh as opposed to our 6.4 cars.

Share This Thread