LX Forums Forum banner

BF Goodrich g-force T/A KDWS 245/55/18

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Mopar5oh 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me if the design of this tire has changed? Looking back at the previous posts on this forum, I notice some are suggesting that the tire pattern has changed. I believe people were confusing this tire with the g-force KDW 2. I am trying to choose a tire that's as close to the height of the original tires that came with the car. Mine were originally 215/65/17, however, I never saw them on the car as my sister swapped them out for 20 inch wheels and 255/45/20 Nitto tires. Tire diameter for the Nitto is 29.1 inches, which to me is too tall for my slow 2.7 engine. In other words, gas mileage is suffering. Speedometer is probably inaccurate too. Does anyone have the g-force KDWS on their Charger or Magnum? Any gripes or concerns with this size tire?

BTW, I'm still trying to sell the tires and wheels. I would be willing to ship, but don't know what to ship them in.

#2 ·
Bfg

I have had the BFG 245/55/18s on my Magnum since 2007, ( Fronts are still good, changed out the rears this year, no I don't rotate, even at 275 a pair including shipping can't afford to replace all four at a time,) and I really like how they changed the handling of the car.

The tire diameter is very nearly identical to the OEM 235/ 55 / 18s that came on the car, if you have a Predator you can compensate for the probable larger diameter difference in the OEM 17s.

Michael

#4 ·
Is this the tire you are talking about? Did a Google search and can't tell from the descriptions if its this one or

I have the 1st picture on my Stratus. Let me just say they handle really well and wear pretty good, but damn are the loud!! First put them on though they were rubbing (they dont), just that loud. I've gotten used to it, but when i put my winter tires back on its amazing the sound difference. I have 225/45R17.

#5 ·
No, Im referring to the ones in the second photo, which are the g-force T/A KDWS as shown on the Tirerack website. The first photo is the g-force T/A KDW 2. I have those tires on my 04 Mustang Mach 1, but you're right, they are loud. They hook very well on dry pavement though. As I was reading through older threads, people are saying the tread design changed. I don't see why there was confusion? These are 2 different tires, 2 different tread designs with similar names. I'm trying to find out who has the one's in the second photo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.