LX Forums Forum banner

EGR off and MDS on???

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  mhigham 
#1 ·
I recently turned my egr off. Went back into the tune and saw that my mds was off also. I tried to turn the mds back on but nothing happened. Is there any way to have your egr valve off and your mds on?

#3 ·
so on the predator when you adjust parameters next the adjustment there is a *. All my adjustments example o2 sensor idle egr all have * as well as my mds. When I open the mds it is highlighted as on, but I guess it having the * next to it makes me wonder if it is off. Does anyone have their mds on with an * next to it on the parameter page?

#4 ·
When you turn EGR off, it will make MDS turn off. Once you go under MDS and click on, it will be on. The asterisk is there to show that you switched something-which is ON or OFF when you picked the EGR off. Hope that isn't confusing. As long as you select MDS on, it will be on. When you load a tune, MDS will take a few miles to come on-it isn't instant after a new tune install for some reason.

#7 ·
nope, you speakin my language

#8 ·
Yep, it is possible to run MDS with no EGR. When you turn EGR off, it turns MDS off too, so you have to go back and turn it back on. Nothing is hurt by this, just the way the software works. Most who turn off EGR dont run MDS, so it just does it in one shot.

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.