Post Thanks / Like

10" Wide 300C SRT8 Wheels

Description: One pair (2) custom 10" wide OEM (2005-2010) 300C SRT8 20" wheels. Allows fitting 295/40s on the back (same height) while keeping the factory look. These are factory OEM wheels I purchased refurbished from Detroit Wheel, and had widened by nearby Weldcraft. This was a test, and it worked out so well, I decided to go ahead and have my originals done before I retired a few years back. I have the original Weldcraft boxes for shipping, cost will be actual, but I was forced to include a figure.

Price (USD): $600.00

Shipping & Pickup: Can Meet / Pick Up in person, Can ship within Country
    Shipping Cost (USD): $200.00

Likes someotherguy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    PM'ing you with info for a shipping quote.

Thanks,
    Richard
    06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8
    Thanks 488V10 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    What was the size and offset of the wheels originally and did you need to use spacers after widening?
    Likes ronan978 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice. Wish the OEM came in 10's from the factory. Always liked the look of the OEM SRT C wheels.

06 SRTC
    - SPC - Hellwig/Police Sways - ST-X Coils - Drake FSB - LMI CF CAI - Corsa Extreme - 08+ Black Int. Conv. - 2010 SRT Charger Interior - Hurst - 91 Tune - MTCM - HC 20X9/10 - Sponh Arms - MagnaFlow Cats - BT -
    Thanks magnezium, 488V10 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TopJimmy View Post
    What was the size and offset of the wheels originally and did you need to use spacers after widening?
    Hi Jimmy,

I don't recall what the OEM specs were, but these have been widened 1" all to the inside. I was a little nervous about them fitting because of the IRS. Because of this I had picked up (I think they were) 3 and 6mm spacers having them ready to go. I started out with the 6mm to to be safe, as I had to drive to work! The only time I could get it to rub was if I really hit a corner hard like on a freeway on ramp. I checked when I got home to make sure I wasn't hurting anything, and it was only hitting the high spot that is a ridge in the plastic inner fender liner. It was doing nothing at all to the tires. Pretty soon the high speed corner rubbing went away and I checked again, all was well, less that plastic ridge getting worn away, so I went to the 3mm. Then eventually pulled them out as well. So as far as I can tell, the only time you would ever feel any rub is in a very hard corner. If you were autocrossing, or road racing it might be another story.

Thanks,
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ENUF PWR View Post
    Nice. Wish the OEM came in 10's from the factory. Always liked the look of the OEM SRT C wheels.
    Thanks! Yeah me too!! The wimpy look from the back, even with the 255s is sad! The 295s make it look "just right", and there no room for anymore! Sad that even the Hellcats come with (I think) only 9 1/2" and 275s! As far as the wheels go, I hate the look of anything over a 20" But to be honest with you these had to grow on me, as I liked the wheels on my friends 06' Magnum SRT8 better. Then I saw a pic of some on a 300C and didn't like the look at all!! Now I love them, and I think they got it right! And they kinda remind me a a poor mans Bugatti Veyron (when they first came out)! lol

Thanks,
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    PMs sent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Y'all get 'em...I'm passing simply because I already have my spare set of original wheels ready to send a couple out for widening so I can't justify buying another pair of wheels.

Should be noted that he's practically giving the wheels away for the cost of the widening alone!

Richard

Post Thanks / Like
    305/35 fits my STOCK SRT wheel just fine. GLWS
    Likes BlackRT? liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post

Should be noted that he's practically giving the wheels away for the cost of the widening alone!

Richard

Yes, was gonna say same, great deal here.
    Mike

Thanks 488V10 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Z View Post
    305/35 fits my STOCK SRT wheel just fine. GLWS
    Hi Jay,

That is an interesting idea, and I can't argue that it wouldn't work, and probably look great. However a 9" wheel is 1" under the Minimum recommended width for any manufacturer of 305/35s that I know of, and 2" under the Design Rim Width/Measuring Rim Width. 10" is even the bare minimum for a 295/40!

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    Y'all get 'em...I'm passing simply because I already have my spare set of original wheels ready to send a couple out for widening so I can't justify buying another pair of wheels.

Richard
    Thanks for pointing that out Richard, and also Mike!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 488V10 View Post
    Hi Jay,

That is an interesting idea, and I can't argue that it wouldn't work, and probably look great. However a 9" wheel is 1" under the Minimum recommended width for any manufacturer of 305/35s that I know of, and 2" under the Design Rim Width/Measuring Rim Width. 10" is even the bare minimum for a 295/40!

Mike
    Exactly - the tire will mount up on the 9" wheel but it is not within the recommended wheel spec by pretty much any manufacturer in that size. Less than ideal results such as decreased contact patch and probably uneven wear.

Richard

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed with against book however being in the automotive industry and using my trial and error book,fit great look great no uneven wear, lowered on coils. 1.6 degrees of neg camber in rear and so far 15k miles and beautiful wear even with suspension

Post Thanks / Like
    Wheels are sold, thanks for all the interest!

Mike

Share This Thread