Thread: Ice Storm 2018

HWDan is offline 2005 Magnum RT amd 2017 Charger SRT 392!
    Post Thanks / Like

Ice Storm 2018

I went out every hour today to either squeegee the rain water off, or drive around to blow dry it off. No use, still raining too much until it flash froze and turned into a big icicle. Doors froze shut anyway and it's what I was trying not to have happen. "Frost Buster" got it all open.

(For those elsewhere; in southern Ontario today, we had mild rainy weather this morning until a cold front came in, flash froze, turned to freezing rain then blowing snow.)

20180112_182832_HDRe.jpg
    Hot Wheel Dan

2005 Magnum RT and 2017 Charger SRT Maximum Steel!

Post Thanks / Like
    People as me how I can deal with the heat in Texas. I don't k ow how people up north deal with the cold. I hate ice.
    06 Maggie SRT8 146k miles black with black viper wheels
    bam ba lam
    Thanks hotrod1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    We have this same scenario headed to new England over the weekend. One trick that i have learned is to pretreat the door seals with armorall or similar. It is hydrophobic and keeps the water/ice from bonding. The other trick, which is less critical with key remotes, is to treat the door lock with graphite fluid (lockease or similar) by partially inserting the key and then letting some drip onto the the key and flow inside. Finally, I am sure that you know to "park" your wipers off the windshield to keep them from freezing to the glass. Last cold weather tip, when it is really cold, like zero-ish, keep your remote in an inside pocket to keep warm. Otherwise, the battery may get so cold that it cannot power the remote to open the door. Ask me how I know this. Hint: it involved rescuing the wife.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by trunorth View Post
    We have this same scenario headed to new England over the weekend. One trick that i have learned is to pretreat the door seals with armorall or similar. It is hydrophobic and keeps the water/ice from bonding. The other trick, which is less critical with key remotes, is to treat the door lock with graphite fluid (lockease or similar) by partially inserting the key and then letting some drip onto the the key and flow inside. Finally, I am sure that you know to "park" your wipers off the windshield to keep them from freezing to the glass. Last cold weather tip, when it is really cold, like zero-ish, keep your remote in an inside pocket to keep warm. Otherwise, the battery may get so cold that it cannot power the remote to open the door. Ask me how I know this. Hint: it involved rescuing the wife.
    LOL, I insisted and drove my wife to work and kept her car in the garage to save having to rescue her later.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HWDan View Post
    LOL, I insisted and drove my wife to work and kept her car in the garage to save having to rescue her later.
    Hey Dan, I took the 392 for a spin on Thursday and drove past your house, the Magnum was in the driveway.
    Men over 40: GO GET A PSA TEST DONE!

Likes HWDan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Whats a frost buster?

8 more weeks to go before it all begins to start thawing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by POWERMAN View Post
    Whats a frost buster?

Try this weekend, forecasting plus 7 for Sunday!! Wacked weather!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by POWERMAN View Post
    Whats a frost buster?

I've had this for years, never used it until last week. It's possible they don't even make it anymore. I tried to look for some more, but can't find it anywhere.

FrostBuster.jpg