Post Thanks / Like

Newbie 300C Owner Upstate New York

Hi All,
    I'm excited to have joined this site!

On Saturday, I took the plunge and picked up a black 2010 300C AWD with the 5.7 hemi - bone-stock, at the urging of my wonderful wife!

I have not owned any kind of "fast car" since the 80's ('69 Nova with a transplanted chevy small-block 400). Last car I owned (for 16 years), and traded in for the 300C, was a '99 Toyota Camry V6 with over 225,000 miles. Great reliable car, but she was starting to finally show her age and I kept having to do minor repairs often.

Because of the Camry, I've adopted an "old man" driving style. Good news is that I have been a very "safe" driver, according to my insurance company - last time I got any kind of ticket was in the early 90's.

When I took delivery of the 300C and drove it home, I couldn't believe the huge difference in power (well, actually I could - going from a 190hp 3 liter V6, to a 350hp 5.7 liter V8 is a huuuge jump for me!). Merging onto highways and passing others was insanely effortless.

This began to stir those long-forgotten teenager-hooligan tendencies...

I really, really like this car, and I think it's going to get me into trouble

I hope to be picking everyone's brains in the near future as I explore what this car can do and how to perform any mods that this kind of car leads one to do!

I hope my wife doesn't regret strongly urging me to get this car. I may end up spending a lot of time in the garage! Or jail, if I can't keep my foot off the accelerator!

See y'all in the forums!
    Thanks in advance for all the help!
    Likes Daphod74, CADYWAGN liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome from Markham, Ontario - hopefully you can make it up for our annual meet this May. www.gtalx.ca

2006 300SRT8
    SOLO Performance Mach X3 SRT exhaust / LMI V2 True CAI / Eibach Sways / StreetEdge coilovers / AMG paddles w/TRS300 wireless controller / Grant Revolution steering wheel / Arrington strut bar / BT engine bling incl. uni-strut caps / Rohana RC-10's / VIP300 bonnet spoiler / Kaption Audio amps, sub and speakers / Rebadged by Nate / Interior switch lighting by Diboblo / Instrument cluster by Black Cat Automotive and Tim Stone (TRS300)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi BryGuy,
    Thanks for the welcome!
    It looks like your annual meet isn't too far from where I live (close to Syracuse). I might just have to pack up the wifey and take a nice long drive there in May!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2010 300c View Post
    Hi BryGuy,
    Thanks for the welcome!
    It looks like your annual meet isn't too far from where I live (close to Syracuse). I might just have to pack up the wifey and take a nice long drive there in May!
    We'll have lots of prizes and it's a beautiful park setting. I still have to see if I can arrange for accommodation discounts for out of towners and will post soonest - keep an eye on this thread - http://www.lxforums.com/board/showth...ighlight=gtalx
    or the website for updates.

Mississauga Ontario '11 Charger R/T with R&T, '13 Cadillac sports wagon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2010 300c View Post
    Hi BryGuy,
    Thanks for the welcome!

Ah, you're not that far away, only a few hours drive. Be sure to bring your passports with you. And beware, that Bryan guy can sure shoot you a line of s---!!! lol

2011 Toxic Orange Charger R/T R&T (license plate "BUK8LIST") Factory Repro rims/Nitto Invos, Aria CAI. Daytona chin spoiler. Window tint.

Daily Driver...2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Sports Wagon Edition. 20" Vossen CV3R Gloss Graphite Staggered rims with Falken FK453 tires, tinted windows.

Gone, but not forgotten..........

2005 Magnum SXT (CANDYAPPLE)
    2006 MSRT (FSTBLK)
    2008 Magnum SXT
    2002 Intrepid
    2000 Intrepid
    1998 Intrepid.........and 31 others over the past 53+ years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome from NH!
    2006 Charger Brilliant Black R/T w/R&T Package
    6.1 Arrington based 426 Hemi @ 13:1 compression

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome from NC (and formerly Western NY)!

I have a 2000 Camry V6 w/190k+ miles, so I know what you mean about the old man driving style, LOL. The Camry's vague steering acts as a damper to spirited driving, but it's been a reliable car and helping keep miles off my 300C. It's a night and day difference when you get in the 300C and have access to all that torque.
    2005 300C Magnesium Pearlcoat

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Daphod74,
    Yeah, the torque! All. That. Torque.
    There's a certain short stretch of road that I drive home from work where I see how fast the Camry would speed up to before a certain mile-marker. Been doing it for years. I usually hit about 55 mph by that mile marker from a dead stop (from a stop sign).
    I tried this last night with the 300 - I almost hit 100 mph without realizing it. Took my foot off real quick... Yeah, this is a hooligan antics-inspiring car!
    Jeeze, I hope I don't end up getting a speeding ticket before I can revert back to "old man driving."
    But, I was grinning ear to ear the whole time!

Post Thanks / Like
    If you haven't gotten a programmer yet - that's a good first step. My car is a totally different animal after using the Diablosport tuner. It surprises people when they hear the tires chirp on the 1-2 shift, LOL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely going to look into that - looks really simple - plug and play? Great, more temptation to do bad things behind the wheel LOL!
    The wife just bought me WeatherTech floorliners to help with all the dang snow around here.
    Going to change the oil and (16?!) spark plugs this weekend, just in case. The used car dealer did the oil change immediately preceding delivery but, I like to run full synthetic. I hope it's not too difficult!
    See ya in the forums!

Share This Thread