Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Catch can?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SFC20 View Post
    No what you stated on the 300 forum was that there is a built in catch can on all hemi 5.7 6.1 6.4 intake manifolds. The SRT engineers are calling you on that. You really get around and cause trouble every where you go. If there were a built in or intergral catch can the they would have said you don't need to add another catch can because there is one built into the manifold all ready. They did not say that. Are they stupid, Did they forget they had put one in the manifold. No they did not say it because there is not one in the manifold.
    You need to learn not only to read...but comprehend; go back and try again, no where did I state the 6.1 aluminum manifold has an integral catchcan. In fact I point to the costs of aluminum versus composite and how casting (in this case) a unit that would be integral was not cost-effective. In other words you might also go read all the previous posts, as opposed to glossing/marginalizing as you see fit. Jeeeez...

As to the SRT folks...HUH? Calling me on what?

Trouble is your middle name it would seem...
    Last edited by Hemissary; 08-31-2011 at 12:24 AM.
    2005 Magnum RT---Viper Venom Red----440ci Aluminum block----Short Runner Valve Intake--410mm BAER 6S Monoblock Extreme--Eibach Multi-Pro 2

Custom--Grille Work--Hood--Headlights--Side View Mirrors--Rear Spoiler--Rear Diffuser--SRV Control System--Turbine Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemissary View Post
    You need to learn not only to read...but comprehend. Go back and try again, no where did I state the 6.1 aluminum manifold has an integral catchcan. In fact I point to the costs of aluminum versus composite and how casting (in this case) a unit that would be integral was not cost-effective. YOu might also go read all the previous posts, as opposed to glossing/marginaling as you see fit. Jeeeez...

Trouble is your middle name it would seem...
    Ok but you did say the 392 and the 5.7 have them. Explain why the SRT engineers don't know that they built them into those two manifolds.
    Last edited by SFC20; 08-31-2011 at 12:25 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok but you did say the 392 and the 5.7 have them. Explain why the SRT engineers don't know that they built them into those two manifolds.
    "OK, but..."

How about you ask them....on 3 manifolds? Then how about you get back to us on that smart-ass...

Noth'in like getting caught with your pants down around your ankles over at 300C eh sweet brandy16?
    Last edited by Hemissary; 08-31-2011 at 12:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Hemissary; They have already been ask and have given a resounding Hemmissary is full of it response.

Post Thanks / Like
    ...sure :^)

vyper883 is offline 300C- A Demon In Gentleman's Clothing...
    Post Thanks / Like
    No what you stated on the 300 forum was that there is a built in catch can on all hemi 5.7 6.1 6.4 intake manifolds. The SRT engineers are calling you on that. You really get around and cause trouble every where you go. If there were a built in or intergral catch can the they would have said you don't need to add another catch can because there is one built into the manifold all ready. They did not say that. Are they stupid, Did they forget they had put one in the manifold. No they did not say it because there is not one in the manifold.
    Alright SFC20 aka BRANDY16.

You had Better get back to your mom's basement before someone here gives you an a$$ rippin', much worse than the one you received at 300C forums. It's become quite apparent, that you are clueless as to who said what, about anything to do with anything.

One only needs to look no further than this thread to see just how ridiculous you have become:

Should I install a catch can? - Page 23 - Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums

While you're at it, pick up a dictionary and/or a thesaurus. A quick refresh course in basic English and sentence structure wouldn't hurt you much either.

If you don't know what those are....hmmm, what was it you said to me not too long ago? "Google it".

Why would I even bother any further; but (sigh) here it goes:

What the SRT engineers said during that particular session, 98% in context to 6.1L engines ONLY. They would not really BOTHER with a 5.7L, OR comment on the design of it's integrated catch can. That's WHY it's called a "SRT Engineers Session" I know, I know- hard for you to grasp. One can hope....

Second, when that session took place, the newly designed 6.4L did not even exist yet, (under wraps) so how can you even begin to point a finger at Simon and say that they "called him on it". It would be REALLY interesting to see what they would call YOU, after participating in a SRT Chat session. But I digress...

Either start contributing some useful information, or G T H O O H already!
    Last edited by vyper883; 08-31-2011 at 07:57 AM.
    VYPER883
    300C... A Demon In Gentleman's Clothing...
    300C SRT 8... Pure Evil Dressed to the Nine's...

"Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have ****ed with? That's me." Clint Eastwood as Walt Kowalski in Gran Torino.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really didn't think a catch can was anything. I had not intended to buy 1. Then I was able to buy a used one cheap enough to try it. I installed it & after 3 weeks had some oil pooled in it. All that would have went into the intake. Now, does it hurt anything if it did? I don't know. However I can't imagine it hurting anything either to keep it from getting into the intake.
    I always wondered why my intake on other cars was a black mess inside them.

Post Thanks / Like

in my sig

Put up some videos of your quickest stock 6.1. We would like to see them.
    The vid is in my sig.
    Steve
    06 300C SRT8
    Best ET-12.794, trap 110.9 All stock in negative D/A
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks1gplWiXvY

Post Thanks / Like
    This thread should just be locked... what could possibly be learned now when it has devolved to members flinging poo at each other. Seems all the relevant points have been discussed in depth.

SRT Max cam, SLP 25% UD Pulley, Jet 180 T-Stat, Solo X-3 catback, Roto-Fab CAI, and Zeitronix ZT-2 AFR, Blue Top solenoids.
    Cam install and tune by Troy Ding
    . Dyno 31Aug2012: 414hp/410tq _Idle Video_ Best 1/4 mile: 12.428 @ 110.94 mph
    All Mods listed at --> 6.1L Hemi Registry #1530 10ChallSRT8
    Thanks BigWigRaceCars thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 1FST4DR View Post
    We have some here. www.custombilletstore.com
    I Clicked on this link and the URL has been seized by ICE and homeland security.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will not read all the previous posts...so I have to dog in this fight!
    But, CATCH CANS WORK!
    I have a 2011 SRT8 392 and self installed a catch can.
    I have not even gotten to my next oil change, but was curious to see if it was working.
    I got this quarter cup at 4K. And, unlike my V6, it was not at all sludgy....but nice and thin!

Likes SRT8U liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by soonercruiser View Post
    I will not read all the previous posts...so I have to dog in this fight!
    But, CATCH CANS WORK!
    I have a 2011 SRT8 392 and self installed a catch can.
    I have not even gotten to my next oil change, but was curious to see if it was working.
    I got this quarter cup at 4K. And, unlike my V6, it was not at all sludgy....but nice and thin!

Same here on my two Police Chargers with 5.7's. Thin, smells oily AND gassy. How can anyone argue that they don't help. Rhetorical question.
    Thanks soonercruiser thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hemi.. an catch cans... have been there for years.. look at fuel cars... just a larger catch.. lol

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Share This Thread