Post Thanks / Like

Red Key vs Black Key in 50-100mph Blasts

An owner of a gorgeous Plum Crazy 2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat has made a short video detailing the real world performance differences between the red key and the black key – essentially showing us the difference between 707hp and 500hp Plum Crazy 2016 Dodge challenger SRT Hellcat in a 50-100mpg run.

When Dodge released the 2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat with the 6.2L supercharged Hemi, they introduced their two-key system – with a black key which limits the power to 500hp and the red key which unlocks the full 707hp potential of this Mopar monster. It is easy enough to say that the difference in using the two keys is 207 horsepower, but how does that impact real world performance?

One Hellcat Challenger owner headed to Mexico with both keys to see just how much of a difference it makes when using the two keys in terms of real world performance.

Red Key vs Black Key, 50-100
    In the video below, Paul (the owner) of the 2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat explains his process and he shows how the infotainment system screen varies when the red key or black key is in use, with the varying features which are locked out in the absence of the red key. More importantly, this Hellcat Challenger owner makes a series of hard runs starting at 50 miles per hour with each key, noting the time taken to reach 100 miles per hour.
    Attached Images Attached Images Red Key vs Black Key in 50-100mph Blasts-hellcat_50_100_key_compare-jpg 
    Last edited by MagnumClub; 03-21-2017 at 09:42 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I'll be the wet blanket here and point out that this post of a "test" video filmed in "Mexico" [Illinois] which showcases extra-legal speeds [LXF ToS?]........

Has a typo:
    Quote Originally Posted by artorque

Likes punisher69, UpInSmoke liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I wanna slap him in his mouth for calling 500hp slow. However, after driving at 700+ hp, I can fully understand his point. When I took everything off of my 300C, before I sold it, I drove it and it felt SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO slow. HEMI's aren't slow until you make them faster. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by STREET LIFE R/T View Post
    The size of his wheels and stance not being right makes him a drug dealer..WTF.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeez, I haven't been in a Hellcat and had no idea how fast the 50-100 is. That doesn't even seem real.

Post Thanks / Like
    So we're OK with our kids and valets having 500 horsepower? LOL!
    An NVH engineer's worst nightmare.

"...the Magnum's ideal demographic: a middle-finger-waving anti-establishmentarian, bad-beer connoisseur...The Magnum puts the "blunt" in "blunt-force trauma." By Dan Neil LATimes.com

SRT Headers/Catback, Tranzformer, R Value CAI, NoESP, Johan Tune, BCR coil overs, Hotchkis Sways, Wilwoods/Brembos, Getrag 3.06, Style, Coolness soon to be supercharged...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsmyuncle View Post
    So we're OK with our kids and valets having 500 horsepower? LOL!
    No, Valet Mode is only 300 hp so let 'em have it! LOL!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    2016 Challenger SRT 392, A8, Technology Group

Post Thanks / Like
    Haha. Valet mode. Not a Chance. Mine is an 07 rt charger, and itll be a cold day in hell before I hand someone else my keys. Haha
    Even the local state inspection station knows to hop in the passenger seat if they want the test drive and brake check done.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Share This Thread