Post Thanks / Like

SALE! 30% Off Dodge / Chrysler LX Chassis Aluminum Radiator!

Sale Price: $569.95
    MSRP: $820

Mishimoto is excited to announce that the pre-sale for our aluminum Dodge LX Chassis radiator has started!

This is your chance to get your Challenger, Charger, 300C or Magnum a durable radiator with a lifetime warranty for 30% off MSRP! Be sure to take a look at the fitment list below and on the website as there are two versions of this radiator for different vehicles and cooling packages.

Check out the photos and links below and, as always, feel free to let me know if you have any questions!

Also, please note that we will be having a second pre-sale for the fitments outlined on the following sheet once test-fitting is complete:

Thanks!

-Steve

DODGE CHARGER 6.1L V8/6.4L V8/6.2L HELLCAT PERFORMANCE ALUMINUM RADIATOR, 2006-2008, 2012-2016

DODGE CHALLENGER 6.1L V8/6.4L V8/6.2L HELLCAT PERFORMANCE ALUMINUM RADIATOR, 2008, 2011-2016

DODGE MAGNUM 6.1L V8 PERFORMANCE ALUMINUM RADIATOR, 2006-2007

CHRYSLER 300 6.1L V8/6.4L V8 PERFORMANCE ALUMINUM RADIATOR, 2005-2007, 2012-2014

Fitment Sheet (click to englarge)

Last edited by Mishimoto; 02-28-2017 at 11:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey everybody,

Just wanted to let you know that there's only about a week left in this pre-sale! Get this rad for 30% off while you still can!

Thanks,

-Steve
    Thanks kmoney thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by Mishimoto; 02-28-2017 at 11:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you please elaborate on the different cooling capacities? I see severe duty, max cooling, standard....what do they mean?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Scat Pack Forums mobile app
    2015 Dodge Charger RT Scat Pack B5 392. Tires - Tune - Catch Can - Hellcat Intake. Watch SaabKyle review my car: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6OA...ezVy7g&index=3
    2006 Dodge Charger Daytona TorRed #1354, MagnaFlow - Tune - Catch Can - Gears.

I detail cars in the Virginia Beach/Norfolk area! 757-435-4027
    Facebook: The Detail Nerd

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't believe I missed this. Do you have an email list I can sign up for with notifications of this type or any lxforums discounts for item# MMRAD-SRT-15 ? Definitely would like to get one in asap before summer starts here, which is basically next week. What about fans, anything more powerful that will work as OEM, with relatively little mods? Thanks.
    Last edited by BM_SRT; 02-28-2017 at 01:00 PM.
    2006 300c SRT8
    PWR Ported Heads | SRT Max Cam | 3.55 Getrag | GTP Ported Intake Manifold | Kooks Longtubes | Corsa Sport / SRT Resonators | AMG 8 Piston Brake Calipers | Hemituner 6,800 TCM | BT Catch Can | LMI True CAI V2 | Tranzformer | MM 87mm TB | Johan Tuned | REM Adjustable Endlinks & Front/Rear Shock Braces | 33/22mm Front/Rear Sway Bars | Michelin Pilot Super Sport 295/35/20 & 245/45/20 | 10" Widened Oem Wheels | LC-2 Wideband Analog Output to Trinity |

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach Goat View Post
    Can you please elaborate on the different cooling capacities? I see severe duty, max cooling, standard....what do they mean?
    The 6.1L and 6.4L Challengers, Chargers, 300s, and Magnums came equipped with a variety of cooling packages from the factory. The capacities between the different cooling packages is the same give or take a a small amount however the bracketry on the radiators is different, which is why we only list fitments certain cooling packages on this product. We will be releasing another SKU for the same radiator core, with different brackets for the remaining cooling packages, in the near future. If you're not sure which cooling package your vehicle is equipped with, the easiest way to find out would be to call your dealership with your VIN number; they should be able to look up the cooling package from there. Our customer service is also very helpful in determining fitment and can be reached here.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions!

Quote Originally Posted by BM_SRT View Post
    Can't believe I missed this. Do you have an email list I can sign up for with notifications of this type or any lxforums discounts for item# MMRAD-SRT-15 ? Definitely would like to get one in asap before summer starts here, which is basically next week. What about fans, anything more powerful that will work as OEM, with relatively little mods? Thanks.
    Hi!

We do have a newsletter that you can sign-up for by clicking here! This newsletter is tailored to the vehicle that you select in the sign-up sheet so you will never get inundated by sales and products that don't apply to you. You'll get notifications of any new products or sales for that vehicle and you can sign-up multiple times for multiple vehicles!

Thanks!

-Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got mine in. From the packaging to the look and feel, this thing just oozes quality. Can't wait to install it just in time for the Summer heat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BM_SRT View Post
    Just got mine in. From the packaging to the look and feel, this thing just oozes quality. Can't wait to install it just in time for the Summer heat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Awesome to hear! Thanks again for the support and the kind words; definitely let us know when you have it installed! Can't wait to see it!

-Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishimoto View Post
    Awesome to hear! Thanks again for the support and the kind words; definitely let us know when you have it installed! Can't wait to see it!

-Steve
    Sure thing, I will take a few pictures during the install and post them up. Maybe a write-up if I can find the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    I installed mine this weekend. Pretty straightforward job once the front bumper is off. The radiator seems to be very high quality and it bolted right in with no issues. The only recommendation I could add is that some basic instructions are included or just a notice that not all bolts may be used etc.. The package includes some new bolts, OEM quality speed nuts and a bracket, but not all parts were used for my vehicle. Since this model covers over a decade of various lx vehicles, I am sure that the bracket and extra bolts are for other models. I also was not sure if the new radiator needed the rubber flaps transferred from the OEM unit, but it was pretty easy to figure out since the new one is thicker than the OEM unit, hard to argue with that. Although it is a thicker unit, it dropped right into place much easier than the oem one ever did. Everything else fell right into place and I believe there may be some more room to space out the condenser from the radiator even more for more separation between the two. That can be a future project if its worth it.

One of the hardest parts of this swap could possibly be refilling the coolant, so I would highly recommend purchasing one of these valves described here:

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showth...em-Purge-Valve

This was my first time using it since install and it made it super easy to get all of the air out of the system.

Its too bad that its not a visual mod, because the unit comes highly polished. I snapped a picture during install:

Once its in, this is all you can see but there is a well placed sticker that has the pertinent model info:

As far as performance, I am very happy so far. Between the thicker core and extra coolant capacity I am at 175-176 while cruising, using the Mishimoto 180F thermostat, where as before I was closer to 180. I need some more time to test in different temperatures but what I did notice is that when I used pull into my parking spot at work, my high speed fans are always running. They are set at 194. This morning, they were not running and my temps were at about 191 after slowly going up a 4 story parking garage. I am looking forward to see how it performs in the Summer time.
    Last edited by BM_SRT; 03-20-2017 at 02:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where has this been? I have been on the forum for a few months now and never seen this post. When something like this comes up I would like to see it on the front page, especially if it is going to save everyone close to 300 bucks.
    Scoot >>

Thanks to our brave men and women who fight for our freedom and those who put themselves in harms way.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just called them and pleaded with Nick and he said the best he can do is 697.00 shipped. I love the Joelvan radiator and want to get one so bad but the install and how thick it is and the amount of room left after install is to tight for me. This one seemed to be a "more RAD in the same RAD space" option if that makes any sense.

Looks like Rock Auto 190.00 Severe Duty II will get my money.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoot View Post
    I just called them and pleaded with Nick and he said the best he can do is 697.00 shipped. I love the Joelvan radiator and want to get one so bad but the install and how thick it is and the amount of room left after install is to tight for me. This one seemed to be a "more RAD in the same RAD space" option if that makes any sense.

Looks like Rock Auto 190.00 Severe Duty II will get my money.
    Yeah same here, the Joelvan unit is a nice option but I didn't want to turn it into a whole fabrication project and lose all of the free space between the fan and the engine. That is a good discount that they offered off of the price and I think its well worth it. I would like to take some logs to confirm but I noticed that the rpm range where my tuner had added some timing is feeling much better and I can feel the ecu adding timing in that range. Very happy with this mod so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the great review, BM_SRT! I'm glad you like the radiator so far! It's interesting that you mention the car feels more powerful where your tuner added timing; while testing this radiator in the Hellcat Charger, we noticed that the ECU paid a lot of attention to the coolant temp and adjusted fueling, possibly to cool the cylinders. I'd be really interested to see how much timing gets pulled or added at different coolant temps.

Scoot, I'm sorry you weren't aware of the pre-sale for this radiator; unfortunately Nick's price quote is as low as we can go after the pre-sale. Please also remember that the OE rads had an issue with leaking end-tanks and hoses; I'm not sure if RockAuto's supplier would have the same issue.

Thanks again,

-Steve

Share This Thread