Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    No one answered my question, so in preparation I went in got all of my bottles filled down here. I'll be traveling with 4 filled 10 ib bottles. If I go threw that much Nitrous in 21 days then I've done good for myself for that weekend. I'm still in the process of finishing up my 4.29 gear swap so I'm not where I want to be either. Hopefully by mid week, I'll be done, and can get the gears broke in.
    13 Durango R/T
    13 M6 Challenger R/T
    02 M5 Dakota QC Sport
    91 TKO 600 Dakota CC
    63 Dart 3 on da Tree

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I want to get my new tires on a do some testing with both new sets of gears and with new trans tune, maybe to get a custom trans tune, if that may help me out a touch, only testing, will tell me for sure.
    Oh yeah, and I also hope to get my new pine tree air freshener installed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got my New tires on, they def helped a lot.
    Mostly with being able to launch the car (to a degree) with out just blowing the tires off it just spinning.
    So I have noticed Consistency increase, I can now run my best every 0-60 time almost every launch.
    I want to get a few more 1/4 mile blasts just for my log book, then the 3.90's are going in for the 21st.
    I hear some one may be getting some REALLY sticky tires for the event!!!LOL

91DakBuilder, have you gotten your gears in and worked out yet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there racing on Sunday

Saturday is out for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Do they sell race gas there

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad B-rad View Post

91DakBuilder, have you gotten your gears in and worked out yet?

Congrats on getting the new tires.... I'm not sure if you already have the 3.90's or not, but I have the set that came out of my rear diff for sale, just the gears or I can sell my entire spare diff. If you're interested hit me up with a PM.... Also I did get the gears installed and the diff mounted. I'm putting the back half of my car back together this weekend and will do the break in during my commute to work...... Also I'm bringing 4 Nitrous bottled filled just in case the track doesn't refill nitrous..... Lastly the track does sell race gas, it's listed on the web page. I use 110 and it is going for 8.80 per gallon which is very good..... Hope that helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Renfrick1 View Post
    Is there racing on Sunday

Saturday is out for me

Yes there is racing on Saturday and Sunday.... Hope to see you there. My family is getting exited, this will be the first time my dad and I raced our cars at the same event ever.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone know how strict they are with Snell ratting on helmets, for cars in the 12/13 second range?
    I know, despite the rules, most places are relaxed about the helmet(as long as you have one) in cars going 9.99 and slower.
    I do not want to have any issues, so do you think DOT approved will fly, or do you see a new helmet in my near future?
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Two things they always check is seat belt dates(If a 11.5 or quicker) and helmets for Snell and date code(2010 or newer), at the Valley if 13.99 and quicker. I am pretty sure you can use a Snell motorcycle helmet (2010 or newer) down to 10 flat. Answer to question is, I see a new Snell 2010 or 2015 helmet in your future. If you show up without a Snell helmet or one that's out of date they will confiscate it till end of day, that's what they did to my son when his helmet ran out of date.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an out dated Snell, and I have a brand new DOT approved, W/O a Snell approval.
    So looks like I will be getting a new helmet.
    Thanks.
    I would rather know now then after it is to late.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wise choice, I grew up going to the Valley and have seen them take helmets regularly.... I went out and purchased a new helmet last week in preparation for this race.....Got the gears installed and am now breaking in the rear diff.... I do have to work out a vibration issue with the DSS, but that's minor.... Can't wait to see you all at the Valley, Gates open at 9am, see you all soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered a helmet from Jegs at 7:45 pm last night.
    At 10:30 this morning I had my Helmet!!!!!!
    Jegs website claims if ordered by 11PM EST it will ship same day, and I paid the $20 extra shipping(I guess I could have just risked it, it should have been here on Friday reg shipping)

I thought that was worth giving Jegs a shout out, that's fast shipping!!!!!!!!OH to NY in 15HRS!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    So I'm super excited about this weekend, looking forward to seeing Bad B-rad and 19Dart66. I'll be there on Sunday only now, due to a commitment for my son. I'm a little bummed but he's only 9 once so I'll make this sacrifice. See you all on Sunday.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not 100% How I am rocking this weekend, I think ,my plan is to race on sat, and chill on SUN and just check out the show, maybe buy some stuff for my 69!!!!!!Maybe find a good deal on a 6.4 Hemi at 10 to closing on Sunday afternoon LOL!!
    Who knows maybe I will run such incredible times on Sat. they will insist I come back and run on Sunday!!!!!!
    Ya got to dream!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL I'm dreaming of finally getting into the 11's, I don't care which day it is, as long as I make it...... I hope to see you there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12